Long-Term Inhalation of Hydrogen Gas for Patients with Advanced Alzheimer's Disease: A Case Report

aliml

Abstract​

Introduction: Molecular hydrogen (H2) has emerged as a therapeutic medical gas that exerts multiple functions. H2 inhalation has been approved as safe, and some clinical studies showed that it effectively improved conditions of patients with a variety of disorders such as stroke, heart infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cancer, and COVID-19. Urinary and fecal incontinences are unavoidable symptoms of advanced Alzheimer's disease (AD) dementia. In particular, fecal incontinence increases the level of confusion for patients and caretakers suffer from increased workloads.

Materials and Methods: To assess the integrity of the neurons related to AD, the bundles of neurons passing through the hippocampus were visualized by modified diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) technology using advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)

Results: A 79-year-old woman with advanced AD continued to inhale 3% H2 gas containing 21% oxygen twice daily for 1 hour and maintained clinical observations for 2 years. After the long period of inhalation of H2 gas, the patient went to the bathroom by herself for adequate excretion. She remained to be able to go to the bathroom for her bowel movements in time, afterwards. After the long-term inhalation of H2 gas, her MRI of the brain to generate DTI images with an anisotropic (FA) value of 0.2 (FA = 0.2) showed improved integrity of the hippocampal neurons along with these clinical improvements.

Conclusion
: This case report casts the question on the current understanding that the advanced and severe AD patients will never improve.

I’m inhaling 400mL / minute for 45 minutes a day, LOL, in fact as I am reading this I am doing my morning inhalation. Seems to be very helpful for my headaches.

xborg

Interesting, thanks. I'm currently building an HHO machine and I know someone with AD.

OP
A

aliml

Therapeutic Inhalation of Hydrogen Gas for Alzheimer’s Disease Patients and Subsequent Long-Term Follow-Up as a Disease-Modifying Treatment: An Open Label Pilot Study​

Abstract​

Background: Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a progressive and fatal neurodegenerative disorder. Hydrogen gas (H2) is a therapeutic medical gas with multiple functions such as anti-oxidant, anti-inflammation, anti-cell death, and the stimulation of energy metabolism. To develop a disease-modifying treatment for AD through multifactorial mechanisms, an open label pilot study on H2 treatment was conducted.

Methods: Eight patients with AD inhaled 3% H2 gas for one hour twice daily for 6 months and then followed for 1 year without inhaling H2 gas. The patients were clinically assessed using the Alzheimer’s Disease Assessment Scale-cognitive subscale (ADAS-cog). To objectively assess the neuron integrity, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) with advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was applied to neuron bundles passing through the hippocampus.

Results: The mean individual ADAS-cog change showed significant improvement after 6 months of H2 treatment (−4.1) vs. untreated patients (+2.6). As assessed by DTI, H2 treatment significantly improved the integrity of neurons passing through the hippocampus vs. the initial stage. The improvement by ADAS-cog and DTI assessments were maintained during the follow-up after 6 months (significantly) or 1 year (non-significantly). This means that 6 months of H2 inhalation maintained the disease-modifying effects for at least 6 months without H2 treatment.

Conclusions: This study suggests that H2 treatment not only relieves temporary symptoms, but also has disease-modifying effects, despite its limitations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom