Long Term Antibiotics Success Stories

T

TheBeard

Has anyone here been taking antibiotics on a regular basis for months or years to improve digestion?
Like it's part of your daily regimen and you don't even question it anymore.

If so, are you running into problems, or has your digestion improved and stayed good?

opson123

There's literally no way to not find this info on the first google page results when typing "antibiotics success stories".
A little effort buddy...

Edit: the forum search function works as well.

OP
T

TheBeard

There's literally no way to not find this info on the first google page results when typing "antibiotics success stories".
A little effort buddy...

Edit: the forum search function works as well.

Thanks for the tip man, appreciated.

To anyone having worthwhile contributions, you are welcome to post here :)

opson123

This was just a small jab at you as you said the same thing to me when I asked you to share where you read that honey is full of nutrients. :D

OP
T

TheBeard

This was just a small jab at you as you said the same thing to me when I asked you to share where you read that honey is full of nutrients. :D

Wow, I'm sorry that I've traumatised you for so long you would secretly wait for the time to get your revenge.

Anyways, on to those who contribute.

opson123

It's unreasonable for you to expect others to share their experiences, while you can't be bothered to share yours.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBeard

It's unreasonable for you to expect others to share their experiences, while you can't be bothered to share yours.

I'm the biggest contributor of personal experiences and logs on this forum, thanks to my extensive knowledge and personal runs on hormones and various medication.
Just check my history.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to bump this thread often by the way.

opson123

I see. Could you then perhaps share where you read that honey is full of nutrients?

milkboi

My digestion is on point after using multiple „cycles“ of Tetracyclines. Cyproheptadine helped too. No need to use them anymore.

OP
T

TheBeard

My digestion is on point after using multiple „cycles“ of Tetracyclines. Cyproheptadine helped too. No need to use them anymore.

Thanks Boi!

Which specific was it in the Tetracycline family?
You didn't have subsequent yeast overgrowth secondary to suppressing bacteria?

Connor888

Shame this thread seems to be getting flamed , very mature.
im thinking about trying antibiotics for my digestion and horrible chronic sinusitis ive had for years

milkboi

Thanks Boi!

Which specific was it in the Tetracycline family?
You didn't have subsequent yeast overgrowth secondary to suppressing bacteria?

I used Mino and Doxy. Not sure which one's better tbh. Doxy was the main one I used, Mino I only used after I already got the majority of improvement in regards to digestion.

I don't think I got yeast overgrowth but I also don't really know the symptoms of it.

OP
T

TheBeard

I used Mino and Doxy. Not sure which one's better tbh. Doxy was the main one I used, Mino I only used after I already got the majority of improvement in regards to digestion.

I don't think I got yeast overgrowth but I also don't really know the symptoms of it.

If you feel good, you most likely don't have an overgrowth.
Thanks.
I tried doxy in the past for dry eyes, but can't remember the positives or negatives on my gut.

I'm going to do a month of high doses of Oregano, Allicin, Clove in the form of concentrated essential oils, if they don't work I'll go back to allopathic antibiotics.

Tarmander

A lot of people with Lyme have used Antibiotics long term. If I were you I would look through some of the facebook groups around Lyme and search the antibiotics you are interested in.

OP
T

TheBeard

A lot of people with Lyme have used Antibiotics long term. If I were you I would look through some of the facebook groups around Lyme and search the antibiotics you are interested in.

Thanks for the tip

JessFields

Just a word of caution. I took clindamycin and rifampin for about 2 years for a medical issue. Also some azithromycin and doxy. I'm now struggling with yeast overgrowth and recently, staph rashes.

I have no idea if the staph could be a result of the antibiotic usage (resistant bacteria?) But figured I would mention it.

I felt great while taking them. I have wondered what would have happened if I had never stopped and took an antifungal alongside them

Just a word of caution. I took clindamycin and rifampin for about 2 years for a medical issue. Also some azithromycin and doxy. I'm now struggling with yeast overgrowth and recently, staph rashes.

I have no idea if the staph could be a result of the antibiotic usage (resistant bacteria?) But figured I would mention it.

I felt great while taking them. I have wondered what would have happened if I had never stopped and took an antifungal alongside them

Do you have dry skin? The staph could be from an uneven Fatty Acid Profile.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals