Long hours driving for job. Mitigation of harm?

RealNeat

I have started a job where I spend a lot of hours sitting in a car. I try to keep as much of the tech in there on airplane mode as I can to avoid the faraday effect of RF in a metal car.

I'm trying to better my posture as it gets forward leaning throughout the day and I generally feel tight afterwards.

My eyes get very tired (not sleepy, just aches) as it requires constant attention. 8/10/12 hours at a time.

I know the basics, but I'm looking for anyone who has advice on keeping healthy with this line of work. Biohacks, nootropics, devices, supps, food, etc...

So far I have found that a Schumann frequency generator in close proximity to me while driving feels good.

thanks!

gaze

i always try to bring some OJ to sip on during long car rides. Also its probably worth while to use the radio or listen to some podcast or music. Engaging yourself is better than doing nothing and worrying about potential harms

LeeLemonoil

Essential oils can be inhaled along the way.

Also, you could put a red-light into the car for indirect lighting. Red Led can even be light into the eyes without glaring/blinding you but don’t know if it’s a good idea when driving. It Reliefs eye strain very effectively though.

Vit A and b2 get depleted quickly when driving in twilight or darkness

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

i always try to bring some OJ to sip on during long car rides. Also its probably worth while to use the radio or listen to some podcast or music. Engaging yourself is better than doing nothing and worrying about potential harms
I don't think id make it a day without my podcasts and music. Most definitely use those. I more so meant the tech they want me to use for tracking, safety, navigation and inventory. OJ makes me feel great while driving, for sure, however the quality here in the far north is pretty crap, I have to buffer the acid with baking soda and add a lot of sugar to make it taste or feel good.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Essential oils can be inhaled along the way.

Also, you could put a red-light into the car for indirect lighting. Red Led can even be light into the eyes without glaring/blinding you but don’t know if it’s a good idea when driving. It Reliefs eye strain very effectively though.

Vit A and b2 get depleted quickly when driving in twilight or darkness
Good idea, I bring rosemary EO with me as I know it's good for concentration, didn't think about b2 tho. Chris Masterjohn talks about increased b2 demands for people with MTHFR, like myself, so worth a try.

Ive thought about the red light but illuminating a truck cabin red might be a bit more attention grabbing than I'd like lol maybe I'll pull over every hour or so to do a closed eye "red gaze."

M

metabolizm

That's a lot of sitting. Take long walks on your days off.

LeeLemonoil

Good idea, I bring rosemary EO with me as I know it's good for concentration, didn't think about b2 tho. Chris Masterjohn talks about increased b2 demands for people with MTHFR, like myself, so worth a try.

Ive thought about the red light but illuminating a truck cabin red might be a bit more attention grabbing than I'd like lol maybe I'll pull over every hour or so to do a closed eye "red gaze."

Or maybe try out some blue blocking glasses or those driving glasses designed for dim light situations?

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Or maybe try out some blue blocking glasses or those driving glasses designed for dim light situations?
The blue blocking glasses (yellow tint) seemed to help as I think I was getting an uneven ratio of red light to blue as the window and its ability to filter some wavelengths makes it unnaturally dominant in certain nm ranges. I think I was getting too much blue light, like staring at a computer screen for hours (at least it doesn't flicker).

What's really been helping is an alcohol extract of rhodiola root 685mg. It's quite a reviving tincture from prolonged exhaustion (burnout). Rhodiola Rosea Supplement — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

I feel a clear difference. In the middle of my day after a meal I take it and my focus comes back along with my "drive." I'm indifferent about the work I have to do and rather enjoy the rest of the day. I'll report if the effects stay consistent. I'll have to do more research on it's potentially serotonergic effects, however they are reported to be increased in the brain.

Lollipop2

Hello @RealNeat, you might check out BluShield EMF technology. Pretty interesting - look at the research they did with chickens. When my resources improve, it is definitely on my list:

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Hello @RealNeat, you might check out BluShield EMF technology. Pretty interesting - look at the research they did with chickens. When my resources improve, it is definitely on my list:

If they really wanted to help people like they claim their simple products would not be that expensive. Their profit is too high for me to fully trust them, their transparency is also lacking.

gaze

@RealNeat do know if electric/hybrid cares have significantly more emf in the drivers seat or not? i'd like to get one to save money on gas, but unsure how more emf id be exposed to

Teres

Mental state is also key, although it doesn't sound as big as it can be. If you expect it to be several hours of torture, it most likely will be. Sitting for such a long time can be more burdensome than walking for equally many hours. Listening to good music, a podcast on topics you like as already mentioned, having five minutes stops every hour or two at gas stations or cafes to have a tea or whatever you like, or just to feel yourself on your feet for that time have helped in my modest experience.

Hangs from a pull up bar to decompress the spine. Glute bridges to offset hip flexion. Thoracic glides to mobilize the mid-spine. Face pulls with bands to neutralize shoulder flexion.

loess

Going to order and use this "tech" and see if I notice anything. Some interesting research and real world results from Switzerland.

@RealNeat, how have your experiences been with this thus far? Which product(s) did you order from BioGeometry?

I've also recently begun work where I'm driving long hours, as a courier for lost/delayed luggage from the airlines. I'm driving up to 12 hours a day in a 2015 Toyota Prius V. It's the perfect vehicle for the job, but sitting for that long is hell on my spine and lower back, and I'm pretty concerned about the EMF load that I'm taking on. Unfortunately it's one of my primary sources of income currently and I need to keep this job for a while until I can build other sources up.

I've seen a bit of discussion in Prius forums on the application of GIRON Magnetic Shielding Metal Film inside of the body of the car, but it's hard to find much because typically those threads tend to derail into ridicule by arrogant/defensive hybrid owners who think people concerned about EMFs are all tin-foil hatters...

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

we won't even be able to drive in a car soon
Good thing cars can be made into faraday cages fairly easily. Get more mineral based tint on the windshield. Or bug screen. Unless they force us to adopt the tech in our cars for the "safety of others"

Grapelander

Nothing makes me more tired than driving - so I feel for you 100%. If you are allowed a 15 minute break -or- 30 minute lunch I would sleep.
I know many companies track people - but you should hopefully be able to take a reasonable break.
The only other thing that has helped me is Noopept and Piracetam combined with coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom