Long & Grey Free Hair- Women Of Red Yao

puella

Just thought this was interesting! / Would also be curious to see how the men look.

"The Yao minority ethnic women from Huangluo Village, in Guangxi Province, in southern China, have one striking feature in common—their extraordinarily long hair that stays black until they are around 80 years old."

"What’s their secret?

For one thing, they use rice water – the water after rinsing rice – together with natural ingredients such as tea seeds and ginger. The fermented solution is the Yao women’s shampoo."

About their diet:
"The staples of their diet are rice, corn, sweet potatoes, radishes, bamboo shoots, and their beloved mushrooms, especially wood ear and cloud ear types. They also like to eat all manner of fowl salting their birds or pickling them six months or more before or after cooking them. They like ducks wine-fed before slaughter and stewed with ginger, garlic, sweet, and particularly with hot peppers."

More on diet:
Eating Indigenous Chinese Food in the Mountains of China

bk_

Very interesting. I noticed in the video and vice article their tanned lipofuscin free skin (with one exception of a street vendor in the city) especially at their advanced age which is rare in China these days (they typically use extreme amounts of polyunsaturated fats in their cooking).

So I did some research on their tea oil that they use for their hair and cooking. Turns out that it’s saturated:mon:poly content is similar to olive oil. No surprise because the tree grows in sub tropical areas. Also their hair and food contain a lot of caffeine, another nod to Peat’s research.

BrianF

I'm of the opinion that greying hair is related to iron/copper/zinc and over consumption of say Iron, causes the greying, blocking the copper from the hair shaft. If you look at their diet, its not excessive in iron and possibly high in copper depending on what type of mushroom they are eating.

LUH 3417

Their hair is so beautiful, you can see the shimmer even in the low quality of the video recording.

bk_

I'm of the opinion that greying hair is related to iron/copper/zinc and over consumption of say Iron, causes the greying, blocking the copper from the hair shaft. If you look at their diet, its not excessive in iron and possibly high in copper depending on what type of mushroom they are eating.

Interesting... do you know the practical ways to counter act the affects of excess iron and balancing copper?

olive

It’s more likely just a by-product of sufficient dietary copper like mentioned above. I’ve helped a half dozen friends/family completely fix grey hairs simply by fixing the zinc:copper ratio.

Peaterpeater

My son grey a patch of grey hair on his head at 5 years old. He is 8 now and I think the grey patch has grown larger. Can you please provide some insight on what I may be able to do for him?

olive

My son grey a patch of grey hair on his head at 5 years old. He is 8 now and I think the grey patch has grown larger. Can you please provide some insight on what I may be able to do for him?
Incorporate more copper rich foods into his diet. Shellfish > red meat. Potato > rice. Coconut water > water. Dark chocolate > sweets. Incorporate more dark green leafy veg into diet. An easy one is chopping up beef/lamb liver finely then adding it to mince, cook into a bolagnese sauce and mix through pasta - he’ll never taste it. Aim for 2-4g of copper per day. Track via cronometer app.
Also ensure he spends time in the sun each day.

Peaterpeater

Incorporate more copper rich foods into his diet. Shellfish > red meat. Potato > rice. Coconut water > water. Dark chocolate > sweets. Incorporate more dark green leafy veg into diet. An easy one is chopping up beef/lamb liver finely then adding it to mince, cook into a bolagnese sauce and mix through pasta - he’ll never taste it. Aim for 2-4g of copper per day. Track via cronometer app.
Also ensure he spends time in the sun each day.

Thank you, those are some good suggestions. As far as red meat goes (flesh not organ), wouldn’t that increase zinc which would in turn decrease copper levels?

olive

Thank you, those are some good suggestions. As far as red meat goes (flesh not organ), wouldn’t that increase zinc which would in turn decrease copper levels?
Yes that’s why I recommended shellfish over red meat above.

revenant

I'm going to try this rice water recipe for a few months and see what happens.

yerrag

The water leftover from washing rice is left to ferment as it has lactic acid bacteria. After a week, there is enough lactic acid in it. It is then boiled, probably to kill the bacteria but leaving the lactic acid intact. There's a thread that talks about lactic acid being needed by the hair follicles to promote hair growth.

It makes sense that they're using this fermented left-over water from washing rice.

bk_

Do you use a filtering shower head or a home system? I have a propur flouride filter but i feel like some chloride still gets through, which is ridiculous
Some cities use chloramine which is difficult to filter for normal filters. One trick I’ve heard is to add vitamin c crystals into the filter to neutralize chloramine.

ShotTrue

Some cities use chloramine which is difficult to filter for normal filters. One trick I’ve heard is to add vitamin c crystals into the filter to neutralize chloramine.
Interesting. Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into it
Idk if it’s rational to assume but I’m wondering if something filters fluoride if it filters all ion particles that are bad, or just fluoride. Based on what @bk_ is saying it doesn’t seem so

For instance the Berkey gravity distillers have a fluoride filter, I was wondering if that filtered othertoxic ions /things the size of fluoride

bk_

Interesting. Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into it
Idk if it’s rational to assume but I’m wondering if something filters fluoride if it filters all ion particles that are bad, or just fluoride. Based on what @bk_ is saying it doesn’t seem so

For instance the Berkey gravity distillers have a fluoride filter, I was wondering if that filtered othertoxic ions /things the size of fluoride
Berkey claims to remove 99.9% of chloramine with their filters: How To Remove Chlorine And Chloramine From Drinking Water Naturally. Best Filtration Without Chemicals.

What I was referring to are the standard charcoal filters which I’ve read somewhere (correct me if I’m wrong) for shower systems is only 50% effective against chloramine. The standard chlorine charcoal filters for kitchen sink systems is 95% effective against chloramine whereas the specially made chloramine filters claim to be 99% effective.

Back
Top Bottom