Long Eyelashes?

MrBenjamin

I was watching a video where someone suggested a link between having allergies and having long eyelashes?
This is interesting. Anyone with food allergies also have oddly long eyelashes?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Interesting indeed. My sisters always were envious of my long eyelashes (as a boy) but I do have more food intolerances and not particularly full blown allergies.

Douglas Ek

I was watching a video where someone suggested a link between having allergies and having long eyelashes?

I have very long eyelashes as a male. Longer then most womens even with their mascara on and I have 0 allergies

golder

Anyone got any tips for longer eyelashes (yes - I'm a male). I love the look of them. I tried topical castor oil on them, which makes them appear slightly darker, and therefore longer, but I don't know if it actually grew them or not.
Thanks!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
My sister and some female friends use Latisse or the generic bimatoprost. They work like magic.

golder

Very interesting. I’m keen to try. Is this safe to use generally, (also specifically taking into account I’m a man).

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Very interesting. I’m keen to try. Is this safe to use generally, (also specifically taking into account I’m a man).

Many people use it worldwide. It was originally a medication for glaucoma, but growing eyelashes was the side effect. It is a prescription medication in the USA I believe but some source it from online pharmacies.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Bimatoprost (aka Latisse) is a prostaglandin analog. Now that this dawned on me, there might be a link there.

Attakai

I have very long eyelashes as a male. Longer then most womens even with their mascara on and I have 0 allergies
Same. I have honestly never met anyone with longer eyelashes than myself and I have zero allergies.

Redshine

Weird, my boyfriend does have long eyelashes (for a man there extremely long) and he has a ton of allergies. I never met someone else with more allergies than him.

olive

I have really long eye lashes and have zero known allergies. I don’t think there’s any strong relation.

Nick W.

From my experience, they seem linked. I grew up in a dry, dusty region with lots of allergens. Effects are mild and hardly noticeable unless I know what to pay attention to (mildly itchy eyes, dryer skin, more frequently blowing my nose, eyes get tired quicker using a laptop). I didn't consider myself "allergic" to anything either, as when the doctors would ask, I told them I have none.

2 years ago I moved to a suburb of Seattle, very damp region. Night and day difference in quality of life, in terms of irritation and allergies. They more or less evaporated, until I moved back that is. Now I actually understand what "allergies" means, it's just my symptoms don't keep me from being able to concentrate, etc.

But the visible effects seem to include more bulging eyes, a more dry/irritable scalp, and yes, longer eyelashes which again need to have a mm or two snipped off every few weeks. I don't remember doing this once in the almost 2 years I lived over there.

Nick W.

Mowing the lawn today led to a great insight. The allergens getting kicked up made me seal my lips in order not to inhale it, and I wondered how well my nose filters it. Then I realized that nose hair, in reaction to such irritation, probably grows longer in order to better filter any of that junk, and eyelashes could be part of the same mechanism.

tankasnowgod

When I was a kid, I constantly got remarks that I had really long eyelashes. I also remember them hitting the lenses of sunglasses when I wore them. I didn't have any sort of allergies at the time. The only thing I think I might be allergic to now is certain kinds of shrimp.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals