Long-Covid incidence, severity no worse than post-influenza syndrome

Nick

100% Nick. There was no flu until electricity.
Yeah, at least to the degree that we are used to in modern times. I'm sure you are aware of this since you posted that chart, but for others, as I understand it there was some flu before electrification since things like solar magnetic activity could also activate the flu virus (or perhaps exosome), hence the name influenza because it was traditionally thought to be bought about by the influence of the stars.

Last edited:

J.R.K

I took a lot of Ivermectin over the winter, also I went to a tanning salon, took a 2 week vacation in Hawaii in february, and I take vitamin K drops every day from ideal labs (Kuinone)...

For the past two weeks I have been swimming laps every other day for about 45 minutes, in and outdoor pool really close to my house. I've also been laying in the sun, gardening, walking the dog, jogging a little along the river trails near me, and sleeping better. I'd say I've been long covid-free for a month or two now...
Thanks for sharing @LadyRae. There is a lot here, and I tend to look at the entire picture rather then specific items, the thing that jumps out at me is the large amount of natural light that’s part of your regimen, if I would be so bold to presume, the gardening, jogging and walking the dog in nature, would contribute to better sleep, via activation of mitochondria with sunlight, as well as stress reducing activities. This might be enough to help your body eliminate whatever it is that long COVID is.
Again just a hypothesis, but I am happy to hear your life has returned as close to normal as the current world allows for today.

J.R.K

I think in absence of a functional understanding of why it works, we can appreciate that it does and that it appears to be the least detrimental type of pharmacological remedy available.
Well if the studies and science would not convince you of the efficacy of Ivermectin. You know it has to be effective since the government banned it, at least in the five eyes countries anyway.

LadyRae

Thanks for sharing @LadyRae. There is a lot here, and I tend to look at the entire picture rather then specific items, the thing that jumps out at me is the large amount of natural light that’s part of your regimen, if I would be so bold to presume, the gardening, jogging and walking the dog in nature, would contribute to better sleep, via activation of mitochondria with sunlight, as well as stress reducing activities. This might be enough to help your body eliminate whatever it is that long COVID is.
Again just a hypothesis, but I am happy to hear your life has returned as close to normal as the current world allows for today.
Yes, I've always felt my best when I'm out in the sun, as much as possible- -
I can sunbathe for HOURS, and not get bored. Today I swam laps in the sun (89 here today)for an hour without stopping and I just completely zone out, it's like a meditation .

Thanks, yes, feeling better finally. I also eat a lot of watermelon. More than anyone I bet!

J.R.K

I can sunbathe for HOURS, and not get bored. Today I swam laps in the sun (89 here today)for an hour without stopping and I just completely zone out, it's like a meditation .

Thanks, yes, feeling better finally. I also eat a lot of watermelon. More than anyone I bet!
Very nice! @LadyRae! I am envious of your hot weather!
An hour of laps is quite impressive and if it is both relaxing and meaningful to you. I say do your thing.
As for watermelon if you want you can have my portion, I have never had a watermelon that I did not like. With that being said though I would be interested in your thoughts on how watermelon improved your long COVID or how it helps your energy stay at high levels.

LadyRae

Very nice! @LadyRae! I am envious of your hot weather!
An hour of laps is quite impressive and if it is both relaxing and meaningful to you. I say do your thing.
As for watermelon if you want you can have my portion, I have never had a watermelon that I did not like. With that being said though I would be interested in your thoughts on how watermelon improved your long COVID or how it helps your energy stay at high levels.
Well, when the weather is hot I like to have a giant bowl of salted watermelon, sometimes two bowls. It makes me feel relaxed and full even though in the night I will usually have to get up to pee because it can be quite a diuretic. I'm not sure if it relates to my long covid issues, it seems to be something I only crave when the weather is warmer... And perhaps spending a lot of time in the pool means that I need the nutrients and watermelon to recover?

I've always been a swimmer, I was 11 when I began to out swim my parents and my mother put me in a master's swim class that consisted of people in their twenties and thirties. Honestly I'm not trying to brag, there isn't a lot that I am really good at but I guess swimming is one? In college I was a scuba diver under a glass bottom boat in Hawaii and that was a great time. I think I have somehow figured out how to use my lungs as a buoyancy compensator..

Anyway, I find that the best way to pick a good watermelon was to make sure that when you press on the ends they are hard as a rock. I found really great watermelons year round at Walmart and Costco... And I always liberally salt my watermelon chunks, in layers in my bowl!

J.R.K

Well, when the weather is hot I like to have a giant bowl of salted watermelon, sometimes two bowls. It makes me feel relaxed and full even though in the night I will usually have to get up to pee because it can be quite a diuretic. I'm not sure if it relates to my long covid issues, it seems to be something I only crave when the weather is warmer... And perhaps spending a lot of time in the pool means that I need the nutrients and watermelon to recover?

I've always been a swimmer, I was 11 when I began to out swim my parents and my mother put me in a master's swim class that consisted of people in their twenties and thirties. Honestly I'm not trying to brag, there isn't a lot that I am really good at but I guess swimming is one? In college I was a scuba diver under a glass bottom boat in Hawaii and that was a great time. I think I have somehow figured out how to use my lungs as a buoyancy compensator..

Anyway, I find that the best way to pick a good watermelon was to make sure that when you press on the ends they are hard as a rock. I found really great watermelons year round at Walmart and Costco... And I always liberally salt my watermelon chunks, in layers in my bowl!
The idea of salting your watermelon is a new one to me, I know pineapple salted helps prevent the canker sores in the mouth when eating excess amounts of it.
I might on this recommendation consider trying it one more time. The relaxed feeling do you think it is more from the watermelon or the salt, since salt helps to promote sleep by lowering inflammation?
If you are only good at swimming @LadyRae which I highly doubt but for argument’s sake let’s say it is true, then you should do what you love to do. I find your buoyancy compensator idea to be interesting, amazing the skills you learn about your body when placed into a different environment.
The scuba diving under the glass bottom boat was on your latest trip @LadyRae?
I will keep your tips in mind on watermelon hunting though, how to stalk a prime one.

LadyRae

The idea of salting your watermelon is a new one to me, I know pineapple salted helps prevent the canker sores in the mouth when eating excess amounts of it.
I might on this recommendation consider trying it one more time. The relaxed feeling do you think it is more from the watermelon or the salt, since salt helps to promote sleep by lowering inflammation?
If you are only good at swimming @LadyRae which I highly doubt but for argument’s sake let’s say it is true, then you should do what you love to do. I find your buoyancy compensator idea to be interesting, amazing the skills you learn about your body when placed into a different environment.
The scuba diving under the glass bottom boat was on your latest trip @LadyRae?
I will keep your tips in mind on watermelon hunting though, how to stalk a prime one.
I definitely need a lot of added salt in my diet. If I don't get it I get really dizzy and lightheaded. Always I've thought that it's because I don't eat any processed food but maybe you're right, I need it to compensate for exercise induced inflammation?

Interestingly, I also drink my coffee in the morning with a half teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate stirred in. I absolutely love and crave the taste and it kind of makes it foamy.

The scuba diving job was 25 years ago LOL. If I could only convince my husband to move back over to Hawaii then I would do that again in a heartbeat -but here I am in Washington State

J.R.K

I definitely need a lot of added salt in my diet. If I don't get it I get really dizzy and lightheaded. Always I've thought that it's because I don't eat any processed food but maybe you're right, I need it to compensate for exercise induced inflammation?

Interestingly, I also drink my coffee in the morning with a half teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate stirred in. I absolutely love and crave the taste and it kind of makes it foamy.

The scuba diving job was 25 years ago LOL. If I could only convince my husband to move back over to Hawaii then I would do that again in a heartbeat -but here I am in Washington State
Interesting on the need for a lot of salt, if you perspire a lot you will lose salt at a higher rate. Washington state is pretty far North in the United States, so you would get, fairly moderate winters? I am thinking on par with British Columbia possibly a little less intense, to account for the year round need for salt, or is it high potassium levels in your diet that require the counterbalance of sodium to prevent hyperkalemia.
It would not take much to convince me to move to Hawaii save the cost of living there. But yes it is a tropical paradise without question.

LadyRae

Interesting on the need for a lot of salt, if you perspire a lot you will lose salt at a higher rate. Washington state is pretty far North in the United States, so you would get, fairly moderate winters? I am thinking on par with British Columbia possibly a little less intense, to account for the year round need for salt, or is it high potassium levels in your diet that require the counterbalance of sodium to prevent hyperkalemia.
It would not take much to convince me to move to Hawaii save the cost of living there. But yes it is a tropical paradise without question.
In eastern Washington we get a lot of sun, it's completely different than Seattle which is about 280 miles to the West.

Hawaii- cost of living, crappy school system, I think it's better to just visit in February.

J.R.K

In eastern Washington we get a lot of sun, it's completely different than Seattle which is about 280 miles to the West.

Hawaii- cost of living, crappy school system, I think it's better to just visit in February.
That is interesting about the sun in eastern Washington, maybe the lower levels of sunlight had something to do with the rise of the grunge sound coming out of Seattle?
You also would need to develop a taste for the local delicacy known as Spam in order to truly fit into the culture of Hawaii!
Do you hale from there originally @LadyRae

LadyRae

That is interesting about the sun in eastern Washington, maybe the lower levels of sunlight had something to do with the rise of the grunge sound coming out of Seattle?
You also would need to develop a taste for the local delicacy known as Spam in order to truly fit into the culture of Hawaii!
Do you hale from there originally @LadyRae
Well my grandparents bought a condo in Kona in the mid-70s and so I spent a lot of time there... You definitely see lots of spam varieties in the grocery stores but honestly it's the Asian influence that most attracts me. Foods like raw octopus pokey and scallops... Really cheap Island grass fed beef liver and other beef cuts, incredible papayas, cucumbers, oranges and mangoes, inexpensive sushi grade tuna that is delicious raw dipped in hot sauce...

Vesi

I lost my smell and taste on 12/19-12/20 of 2020. NO OTHER SYMPTOMS except a headache for four hours the night before when I went to bed. I still have not received my taste and smell back. I have posted before about this in other places here. From the tons of hours of research that I have read I do not see any virus at play here. In fact, I can't even find a gold standard for the covid test. Its a surrogate test and PCR is very iffy with numerous sensitivities. Now getting back to what happened to me. The only thing remotely close that I have found with long lasting loss of taste and smell is some form of radiation poisoning. What form? Your guess is as good as mine (I'm sure you can possibly think of some) but it is the only thing that adds up to what happened to me.

I had my so far first 'covid' last december, lost my smell and taste completely, for 4 days. After those 4 days i figured that as i dont taste anything, now i can eat raw garlic cloves and see if it helps. Ate half of one bulb, maybe 4 large cloves, it was like chewing moist fiber with no taste at all. Two hours later i had most of my taste and smell back, next day pretty much all of it. Fevers lasted one more week after that.

J.R.K

I had my so far first 'covid' last december, lost my smell and taste completely, for 4 days. After those 4 days i figured that as i dont taste anything, now i can eat raw garlic cloves and see if it helps. Ate half of one bulb, maybe 4 large cloves, it was like chewing moist fiber with no taste at all. Two hours later i had most of my taste and smell back, next day pretty much all of it. Fevers lasted one more week after that.
Interesting @Vesi you would attribute your recovery to the garlic. Was the loss of taste and smell like the sinus congestion associated with other head cold types of infection, or was it more like normal life just no taste or smell?

HeyThere

"Watermelon: Watermelon is a rich source of citrulline, an amino acid the body converts to arginine before converting to nitric oxide. In a January 2017 study in Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care , watermelon supplementation was shown to reduce resting blood pressure and improve exercise performance."

L-Citrulline is made from watermelon and it raises your N.O. wonderfully and dramatically.

Nitric Oxide kills viruses, and at the beginning of the pLandemic they were working on a nasal sp0ray to raise NO in the sinus where the virus mainly does its thing.

Watermelon is a HUGE diuretic. If you eat as much as you say LadyRae, then dehydration is probably why you need the salt to prevent your dizziness, etc.

HeyThere

Interesting @Vesi you would attribute your recovery to the garlic. Was the loss of taste and smell like the sinus congestion associated with other head cold types of infection, or was it more like normal life just no taste or smell?

Garlic kills bacteria and fungus, 2 things associated with covid and long covid. Bacteria and fungus is extremely common in sinuses, in fact that's what causes most all sinus infections, and this is why sense of smell is lost from covid in my very strong opinion, and also why the garlic helped. But it's difficult because the junk is way deep in the sinus cavity.

J.R.K

Garlic kills bacteria and fungus, 2 things associated with covid and long covid. Bacteria and fungus is extremely common in sinuses, in fact that's what causes most all sinus infections, and this is why sense of smell is lost from covid in my very strong opinion, and also why the garlic helped. But it's difficult because the junk is way deep in the sinus cavity.
Great information @HeyThere! I knew that garlic had a component called Alium sativum that has antiviral as well as antibacterial properties. I would suspect that chewing four large cloves would certainly have had a pathway to the sinuses, and the loss of taste and smell probably was a blessing for this experience.

Athrunzala

Great information @HeyThere! I knew that garlic had a component called Alium sativum that has antiviral as well as antibacterial properties. I would suspect that chewing four large cloves would certainly have had a pathway to the sinuses, and the loss of taste and smell probably was a blessing for this experience.

slice the garlic and leave it for 15 minutes for the chemical reaction to create the Allicin antibiotic