Long-Covid incidence, severity no worse than post-influenza syndrome

Mauritio

Nattokinase helped a LOT ( I had shooting pain and numbness down my left arm, shortness of breath, dizzy spells, pain and pressure under my left breast, exhaustion, and I could hardly go for a walk with the dog without huffing and puffing)...

Also in mid-november when I started my period that is when I felt completely better, as far as the pericarditis symptoms went. But it took months to get over the exhaustion and the shortness of breath, and for a long time throughout the winter when I would wake up in the morning I would have a cough with fluid coming out of my lungs...

It might be worth mentioning that I don't have any health issues as a 45 year old woman. I'm 5' 11 and 130 lb so I don't have any obesity issues...

At the end of August I completed 300 miles backpacking in the Pacific Crest trail in Washington State a trip that only took three and a half weeks so I know I put my body through a lot of stress. Of course it was wonderful and amazing but I can't help but wonder if that set me back so that when I got covid I actually wasn't as healthy as I could have been if I just experienced a regular summer with swimming and walks...
Hey,
I remember texting you about both our hiking trips last year. As it seems , we both had the same experience. I got COVID (i assume) or some other viral thing in September after I finished my Camino through Spain, which was wonderful but it certainly is a stress on the body. Previously I never got COVID even when sitting across from infected people , so there seems to be a correlation between the walking and the infection.

After i semi-recovered i was still very susceptible to infections including symptoms like chest tightness , tiredness, etc basically low grade viral infections. It felt like the virus was still inside me waiting for an opportunity to come back out.
It took me until a couple weeks ago to really recover .

What helped me was to stop eating liver : for some reason I would always get a relapse after eating liverwurst . I tried 3 different kinds including chicken and pig but they all made me more sick again. Does anybody have any idea why ?

Then to fully recover black cumin seeds helped the most! It really was a day and night difference.
Diamant also helped quite a bit .

No, it isn't gaslighting. That is the title of the actual article and the findings of the study. Nobody is telling you or anybody else long-covid is all in your head. All the study says is that the risk and severity of long-covid is not higher than the flu. I can introduce you to people who have/had long-flu and they will prob tell you that you are gaslighting them by telling them long-covid is more severe than their long-flu. This is not about you or them. It is about comparison of risk and severity, on average.
You're responding to someone that isn't interested in the subject of the thread. You see the same thing all over this forum and others where anything even vaguely threatening to an individual's personal experience is rejected and shouted down, regardless of actual content or context.

Something the medical media and general social commentary has neglected to discuss is just how much of an effect the virus has had on people as a whole - not just the physical effects on the body of those infected, but the combined psychological, social, physical, spiritual etc. effect. I believe that many people who got Covid experienced a placebo(?) effect where being told it was X amount harmful or Y/Z lethal to contract lead them to have a worse prognosis and subsequent worse recovery. When people who are already in a state of constant fear and stress from 'the world ending' end up with a pretty weird illness, and they're told it's going to kill them and their families, they will probably have a worse go of recovering physically and a very hard time recovering psychologically from the forced-guilt of getting sick). This was a global catastrophe - whether it was 'as bad' as people said it was or not, the effect to the general psyche of most people was the same. Most people believed covid was (lethal/caused mega AIDS/destroyed your ability to love) for basically everyone, regardless of underlying health, so it became just that. People had a belief that it was terrible in all cases, they were told constantly that Long Covid was happening and it was (X symptoms for Y length) and I'm sure many people manifested those symptoms for themselves. I also believe that people like the one who got so wrongly angry at your post did experience those symptoms, and it did hurt them in those ways. But the vast, overwhelming majority of people were themselves victims of a self-promoted physical psyop.

Cases in point - I was dating a girl who was doubly shot up with the Pfizer drug. I was/am unvaxxed and had never really been exposed (knowingly) to the virus at that time. She traveled, followed procedures, masked, gloved, hand sanitizered, distanced, whatever - picked up covid at a wedding and I picked her up from the airport, and we both got sick. I took HCQ, ivermectin, vitamins D/C/K and ate as much healthy food as I could + drank milk and bone broth. I had a nasty fever for 3 days, felt awful and had limited smell/taste. After my fever broke I got back to normal within 2 weeks. She was fighting her fever for a week, took a month to get back to 'pretty normal' and about 3 months to admit that she felt 100%. She worked in public health, had bought into all the narratives regarding vaccination + risk + morbidity etc. and took 4 months to recover. I ignored mask mandates when I could and took the horse pills and got better in 2 weeks. The guilt she felt about 1) contracting the virus and 2) giving it to someone she cared about (cardinal sin!!!) absolutely had an effect on her mindset and body's ability to recover. The thread makes sense.

The title of this post is Psyop. It's gaslighting.

This is 100% = to anti gay people crying that being gay is a choice. They were never gay, so there is no way in a sane mind they can claim such a thing.

People who didn't get long covid, or the WEIRD effects of covid itself cannot claim what people experienced.

I got covid before it was ever uttered/know by the public. A customer was all feverish and glassy eyed and her boss with her refused to touch her or handle her money. I guess I caught her "illness".

Why did Tabasco taste like water? Why was my gut destroyed? Why was my skin looking like alien breakouts I've never seen before on my body? Why were my eyes almost blood red (not pink eye). Why was my blood pressure through the roof for a year? Why was I smelling rotten meat for a year? Why was I smelling burning tire smell? Why did refreshing mint essential oil smell exactly like burning oily tires straight out of the bottle, only for a year later to smell exactly as it is, a refreshing mint smell? Why did I have brain fog back then that descended me into an abyss of terror?

That's just after-effects of the flu lol.

GTFOH.

Take a step back and re-read the title of the article: "Long COVID incidence and severity no worse than post viral influenza syndrome: Study"

Incidence & severity (ON AVERAGE, IN GENERAL) is meant to be inferred from the content of the study. Nobody is trying intentionally to gaslight or put you in doubt of your own lived experience. If some dumbass intern who proofreads these studies doesn't say 'hey this title could invalidate the personal lived experience of an individual (outlier in the study)' then it doesn't get changed - it's not the medical community coming to get you, it's just a reminder that these people are incompetent and fallible and you should only glean what is real and observable from their work. Read the study and come up with a meaningful conclusion beyond 'wah they didn't take MY experience into account when titling the study :mad:(('

To
Something the medical media and general social commentary has neglected to discuss is just how much of an effect the virus has had on people as a whole - not just the physical effects on the body of those infected, but the combined psychological, social, physical, spiritual etc. effect. I believe that many people who got Covid experienced a placebo(?) effect where being told it was X amount harmful or Y/Z lethal to contract lead them to have a worse prognosis and subsequent worse recovery. When people who are already in a state of constant fear and stress from 'the world ending' end up with a pretty weird illness, and they're told it's going to kill them and their families, they will probably have a worse go of recovering physically and a very hard time recovering psychologically from the forced-guilt of getting sick).
To anecdotally bolster this concept, just turn to the long covid reddit threads themselves:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongCovid/comments/13kjw04/getting_a_flare_up_right_before_vacation/

"Hi everyone I’ve been a long hauler for 2 years now… all the symptoms you name it I had them and still do. Tomorrow is my first vacation to the beach, 12 hr drive."
>Stay strong. You can do this.
Just remember you are sick and need to make your health your first priority.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongCovid/comments/13j1k65/how_long_did_it_take_you_to_recover_fully/

"im currently on month 17 of being I’ll and I have noticed pretty big improvement in the last month with my fatigue being less severe and my energy levels a bit better , however I’m still suffering with gastro problems , nerve pains in neck and left arm with pains in ear and pressure headaches
"I started taking some supplements which seemed to help they were
Omega 3 fish oil 1000mg x3 a day Qualia mind and resilience- although very expensive Probiotic complex"

My point in referencing these posts is not to discredit the experience or felt-symptoms of the OP's - it's to point towards this psychological belief that once one gets covid, they are forever bound by it to experience the symptoms they have attributed to covid. These people are clearly not pursuing alternate care paths, outside of supplementation and 'listening to calming music'. Nobody is suggesting ivermectin, because it's reddit and I'm sure that's bannable, but they have put themselves into this extremely rigid state of mind wherein they are sufferers of this THING - Covid, that becomes long covid, that becomes a 2+ year time period of feeling like ***t constantly? Spend a few minutes browsing these threads and you can see that many of the symptoms these people experience are reminiscent of hypothyroidism, general dis-ease from low quality nutrition or lack of healthy environment, a near-neurotic fear of travel and outdoor activity, etc. They're taking fish oils and ASHWAGANDA (qualia mind and resilience is a hokum pill) for nerve pain. They are not operating with a complete picture to begin with.

I am certain they actually are experiencing discomfort and dis-ease - but how much of it is virally-associated and how much is psychological? How much is due to a worse state of mind, and associated dysfunction of their bodies? I think the same phenomena happens to posters on this forum as well. People are given an explanation for their state of being and that becomes their cross to die on and fight from.

LadyRae

Hey,
I remember texting you about both our hiking trips last year. As it seems , we both had the same experience. I got COVID (i assume) or some other viral thing in September after I finished my Camino through Spain, which was wonderful but it certainly is a stress on the body. Previously I never got COVID even when sitting across from infected people , so there seems to be a correlation between the walking and the infection.

After i semi-recovered i was still very susceptible to infections including symptoms like chest tightness , tiredness, etc basically low grade viral infections. It felt like the virus was still inside me waiting for an opportunity to come back out.
It took me until a couple weeks ago to really recover .

What helped me was to stop eating liver : for some reason I would always get a relapse after eating liverwurst . I tried 3 different kinds including chicken and pig but they all made me more sick again. Does anybody have any idea why ?

Then to fully recover black cumin seeds helped the most! It really was a day and night difference.
Diamant also helped quite a bit .
Wow!
My 14-year-old daughter had covid in early July and I was caring for her for multiple days, in and out of her room, I thought for sure I would get it but I never did...

I haven't been eating as much liver lately but I'm not sure if I noticed any correlation with symptoms...

LadyRae

To

To anecdotally bolster this concept, just turn to the long covid reddit threads themselves:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongCovid/comments/13kjw04/getting_a_flare_up_right_before_vacation/

"Hi everyone I’ve been a long hauler for 2 years now… all the symptoms you name it I had them and still do. Tomorrow is my first vacation to the beach, 12 hr drive."
>Stay strong. You can do this.
Just remember you are sick and need to make your health your first priority.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongCovid/comments/13j1k65/how_long_did_it_take_you_to_recover_fully/

"im currently on month 17 of being I’ll and I have noticed pretty big improvement in the last month with my fatigue being less severe and my energy levels a bit better , however I’m still suffering with gastro problems , nerve pains in neck and left arm with pains in ear and pressure headaches
"I started taking some supplements which seemed to help they were
Omega 3 fish oil 1000mg x3 a day Qualia mind and resilience- although very expensive Probiotic complex"

My point in referencing these posts is not to discredit the experience or felt-symptoms of the OP's - it's to point towards this psychological belief that once one gets covid, they are forever bound by it to experience the symptoms they have attributed to covid. These people are clearly not pursuing alternate care paths, outside of supplementation and 'listening to calming music'. Nobody is suggesting ivermectin, because it's reddit and I'm sure that's bannable, but they have put themselves into this extremely rigid state of mind wherein they are sufferers of this THING - Covid, that becomes long covid, that becomes a 2+ year time period of feeling like ***t constantly? Spend a few minutes browsing these threads and you can see that many of the symptoms these people experience are reminiscent of hypothyroidism, general dis-ease from low quality nutrition or lack of healthy environment, a near-neurotic fear of travel and outdoor activity, etc. They're taking fish oils and ASHWAGANDA (qualia mind and resilience is a hokum pill) for nerve pain. They are not operating with a complete picture to begin with.

I am certain they actually are experiencing discomfort and dis-ease - but how much of it is virally-associated and how much is psychological? How much is due to a worse state of mind, and associated dysfunction of their bodies? I think the same phenomena happens to posters on this forum as well. People are given an explanation for their state of being and that becomes their cross to die on and fight from.

NO

I am an extremely healthy 45 year old woman and I was convinced that if I got covid I wouldn't even have symptoms...

NO

I am an extremely healthy 45 year old woman and I was convinced that if I got covid I wouldn't even have symptoms...
And your perspective on your health is similarly changed based on that source. Nothing I've said has diminished your personal experience, lady. The whole point of the thread is that the vast majority of "long covid" cases last as long and are as severe as the vast majority of "post-influenza" patients.

Nick

Flu, "post-influenza," "long covid" are basically the same thing. Read "The Invisible Rainbow" if you want to know what causes the flu. Loss of smell is an effect of wireless radiation poisoning.

valzim

Flu, "post-influenza," "long covid" are basically the same thing. Read "The Invisible Rainbow" if you want to know what causes the flu. Loss of smell is an effect of wireless radiation poisoning.
100% Nick. There was no flu until electricity.

Attachments

• 1B494E01-E5BB-4EC4-8965-5080C51D3590.png
    1B494E01-E5BB-4EC4-8965-5080C51D3590.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 24

HeyThere

I swear this place sometimes....

Yes. Yes, Nick, thousands upon thousands of cell phone users all lost their sense of smell within the same time frame because of radiation and not the covid crap they went through. And they got it back when that cell phone radiation was switched off and the little elves inside went back home.

You want a conspiracy theory? How an actual believable one like.. there was no flu until vaccines.

LadyRae

And your perspective on your health is similarly changed based on that source. Nothing I've said has diminished your personal experience, lady. The whole point of the thread is that the vast majority of "long covid" cases last as long and are as severe as the vast majority of "post-influenza" patients.
I swear this place sometimes....

Yes. Yes, Nick, thousands upon thousands of cell phone users all lost their sense of smell within the same time frame because of radiation and not the covid crap they went through. And they got it back when that cell phone radiation was switched off and the little elves inside went back home.

You want a conspiracy theory? How an actual believable one like.. there was no flu until vaccines.
I know, sometimes I'm really close to moving on from this forum.

This thread has finally run it's course. Thanks for your intelligent comments👍

J.R.K

Nobody is saying it is in your head, at least not me. All the study says is that the incidence and severity of long-COVID is about the same as long-influenza (in that study group). A lot people are saying they don't know anybody who got long-flu...but how would one know that if the condition is so unknown among the general public? If somebody got severe flu and that person got severe pulmonary, cardiovascular, metabolic, etc chronic condition say 6-12 months later how many people would even associate that with the flu this person had? I think most people underestimate the long-term damage flu can do simply because doctors don't even know about long-flu and ascribe its after effects to something else. The study is about comparing severity of flu and COVID-19. I agree, from personal experience with COVID-19, that the "rona" is more severe than flu as an acute disease. However, that does not mean its after-effects are also more severe than the ones of flu.
I wonder what your thoughts might be on how one might reverse this syndrome, much of this post infection long term after effects appear to be energy deficient in nature.
Like @LadyRae who follows a bioenergenic principled lifestyle, she seemed to suffer for a long period of time, as she mentioned nattokinase was extremely helpful, my thoughts would gravitate towards a potential vitamin K2 pathway, being part of the solution, but since vitamin K2 is part of the vitamin D uptake perhaps the levels of vitamin D are lowered and have issues that block this uptake of vitamin D into the cell. A hypothetical at best but I would put it forward to discussion. Not just for long COVID but also for long influenza or potentially any other post viral infection with long haul symptoms.
The phenomenon itself is interesting and one of things brought to light from this,”pandemic”.

I wonder what your thoughts might be on how one might reverse this syndrome, much of this post infection long term after effects appear to be energy deficient in nature.
Like @LadyRae who follows a bioenergenic principled lifestyle, she seemed to suffer for a long period of time, as she mentioned nattokinase was extremely helpful, my thoughts would gravitate towards a potential vitamin K2 pathway, being part of the solution, but since vitamin K2 is part of the vitamin D uptake perhaps the levels of vitamin D are lowered and have issues that block this uptake of vitamin D into the cell. A hypothetical at best but I would put it forward to discussion. Not just for long COVID but also for long influenza or potentially any other post viral infection with long haul symptoms.
The phenomenon itself is interesting and one of things brought to light from this,”pandemic”.
Unironically, just take a medium length course of ivermectin. The FLCCC protocol works. People just don't understand why.

J.R.K

Unironically, just take a medium length course of ivermectin. The FLCCC protocol works. People just don't understand why.
This is the question I would also like to know as well, the how’s and why’s of how the protocol works. What is impaired from normal functions, how and why it is impaired for extended periods of time for some, and others it is like a cold and flu for a few days and recovery is full and complete?

This is the question I would also like to know as well, the how’s and why’s of how the protocol works. What is impaired from normal functions, how and why it is impaired for extended periods of time for some, and others it is like a cold and flu for a few days and recovery is full and complete?
I think in absence of a functional understanding of why it works, we can appreciate that it does and that it appears to be the least detrimental type of pharmacological remedy available.

LadyRae

I took a lot of Ivermectin over the winter, also I went to a tanning salon, took a 2 week vacation in Hawaii in february, and I take vitamin K drops every day from ideal labs (Kuinone)...

For the past two weeks I have been swimming laps every other day for about 45 minutes, in and outdoor pool really close to my house. I've also been laying in the sun, gardening, walking the dog, jogging a little along the river trails near me, and sleeping better. I'd say I've been long covid-free for a month or two now...

HeyThere

Ivermec creates autophagy (that's big right there), lowers inflammation, kills parasites, acts against fungus/virus, it does all sorts of things. It is a bacterial culture so it targets the gut where our personal "universe" depends on it being healthy and properly functional.