Living next to a dentist, radiation concerns.

imei3489

so i just rented a cheap room for a month, but i now realize its next to a dentist's office. im worried that the dentist may have the room where they take x-rays right next to my room. with only a wall in between, would i get tons of radiation? are there any sort of rule about what the x-ray room has to be like? like do the walls need to be made out of lead? it seems insane that you can live next a room where xrays are being taken all day but then again this is an insane world.
im also buying a new house soon, and i need an emf meter. however ive never used one. is it sufficient to get a cheap one, or do i need an expensive one? can anyone suggest a specific meter? and during the viewing, how would i go about measuring around the house and the property?

It doesn't look to be totally safe. This would mean the employees wouldn't be radiation free either.

Steve

I wouldn't think the radiation from dental x-rays would be strong enough to go thru the wall and have any affect on you, but I have absolutely zero facts to back that up. I am always amazed how dentists and their staff are 100% completely convinced that x-rays are harmless along with fluoride. The dentist and staff where I go actually get prescription toothpaste with extra fluoride. My original dentist had to quit due to some type of brain disease.

I wouldn't think the radiation from dental x-rays would be strong enough to go thru the wall and have any affect on you, but I have absolutely zero facts to back that up. I am always amazed how dentists and their staff are 100% completely convinced that x-rays are harmless along with fluoride. The dentist and staff where I go actually get prescription toothpaste with extra fluoride. My original dentist had to quit due to some type of brain disease.
Ray talks about early dentist and how they quit holding the x-ray films because they fingers were losing their fingers from holding them!

Hugh Johnson

so i just rented a cheap room for a month, but i now realize its next to a dentist's office. im worried that the dentist may have the room where they take x-rays right next to my room. with only a wall in between, would i get tons of radiation? are there any sort of rule about what the x-ray room has to be like? like do the walls need to be made out of lead? it seems insane that you can live next a room where xrays are being taken all day but then again this is an insane world.
im also buying a new house soon, and i need an emf meter. however ive never used one. is it sufficient to get a cheap one, or do i need an expensive one? can anyone suggest a specific meter? and during the viewing, how would i go about measuring around the house and the property?
Go ask. Then you'll know, and you can stay away from home during office hours.

FredSonoma

An EMF meter won't pick up x-rays because they are out of the frequency range. I'd still recommend one to anyone, they are very eye-opening. A great all around starter for ~$200 is a Cornet ED-88t

An EMF meter won't pick up x-rays because they are out of the frequency range. I'd still recommend one to anyone, they are very eye-opening. A great all around starter for ~$200 is a Cornet ED-88t
I bought one a few years back and it certainly explained a lot back pain, dizziness and headaches. Very good advice Fred!

SOMO

I worked in a dental office. I think you will be fine.

Those machines are super high tech and have to go through regular inspections. Also the sensors they put in your mouth to take a mouth x-ray are extremely sensitive, but if you don't place them just right, IN THE PATIENT'S MOUTH, you will be left with a blank x-ray meaning you took an x-ray of the air. (If you put the sensor a few inches away from the patient's mouth and take an x-ray, you won't be able to see anything on the x-ray meaning the x-ray wasn't absorbed.) If the x-rays were that strong, you should be able to snap an x-ray at a distance, but you can't. When you take a proper x-ray on one side of the mouth, you also can't see the other side meaning the x-ray doesn't even penetrate to the other side of the mouth.

I don't think you should stress out about this.

OP
I

imei3489

Go ask. Then you'll know, and you can stay away from home during office hours.
how would i even ask? i think they do more orthodontist-type work there, those people are the sleaziest fakest people i have ever come across, but i guess it wont hurt. i just imagine they would lie. i managed to move up into a room higher than their office though, so i think im safe.

I worked in a dental office. I think you will be fine.

Those machines are super high tech and have to go through regular inspections. Also the sensors they put in your mouth to take a mouth x-ray are extremely sensitive, but if you don't place them just right, IN THE PATIENT'S MOUTH, you will be left with a blank x-ray meaning you took an x-ray of the air. (If you put the sensor a few inches away from the patient's mouth and take an x-ray, you won't be able to see anything on the x-ray meaning the x-ray wasn't absorbed.) If the x-rays were that strong, you should be able to snap an x-ray at a distance, but you can't. When you take a proper x-ray on one side of the mouth, you also can't see the other side meaning the x-ray doesn't even penetrate to the other side of the mouth.

I don't think you should stress out about this.
thanks man, valuable information, i feel much more calm now.

thats much cheaper than i had imagined. ill order it right away