Liver Makes Me Feel Amazing

aquaman

I'd tried liver before but never been able to eat it consistently - only once in a blue moon.

I tried Haidut's suggestion of liverwurst, or at least a very rough recipe for it. It's more like a meatloaf.

I did 1/3rd beef mince, 1/3rd pork mince (oh no, PUFA!), and 1/3rd liver - mixed chicken and lamb liver, mixed in with tons of herbs and spices.

It tastes really good. I made a big tray like a meatloaf and just eat a slice or two a day. Within 30 minutes I feel really mentally strong and just generally much better. I eat it virtually every day - probably an ounce or two's worth.

NOTHING has this sort of instant effect. No supplement has ever had an effect like this, and i've tried them all.

Tarmander

Nice!

I used to choke down raw liver and made the transition to liverwurst:

http://grasslandbeef.com/liverwurst

I actually feel better on the liverwurst compared to raw liver by itself.

If you start getting quick to temper and can't sleep you may want to back off for a few days. Usually takes awhile to build up though

FredSonoma

Nice!

I used to choke down raw liver and made the transition to liverwurst:

Beef Liverwurst

I actually feel better on the liverwurst compared to raw liver by itself.

If you start getting quick to temper and can't sleep you may want to back off for a few days. Usually takes awhile to build up though
What causes that? Excessive Vitamin A?

tyler

NOTHING has this sort of instant effect. No supplement has ever had an effect like this, and i've tried them all.
Couldn't agree more. No dose of B vitamins or vitamin A has anywhere near the effect eating liver has. Maybe it's the copper, or perhaps the balance of it all. But liver has been a game changer.
For those who can't stand it- I get that too. But it's worth finding a way to get it in. I usually fry up an ounce at a time. Few times a week, but more if I'm in need of a boost. Then without breathing through my nose, I chew thoroughly and swallow, then swish some coke or juice in my mouth. Then I finally breathe in through the nose. No leftover taste.

SarahBeara

I agree liver just does amazing things for my general wellbeing. I hate the taste so have found just covering it in Frank's hot sauce makes it palatable.

scarlettsmum

Yes, so true. I forgot all about liver. I thought I was eating enough calcium, eggs, homemade broth, seafood, freshly squeezed OJ, having magnesium baths and I was still feeling not right. Yesterday I made a very simple chicken liver pate and felt instant energy, no back pain, calmness, clear head, no anxiety and I felt warm! Truly a miracle food. I think I made the mistake of trying to eat beef liver before which I find repulsing. Chicken liver is so mild in comparison. Will be making it weekly now.

A.R

Popping a pill or rubbing in drops or creams is a lot easier than eating liver, but the thing is, nothing can replace eating liver, other than eating liver.

I've read up a bit about Dessicated liver tablets, anybody have any experience with them? Maybe they can replace eating liver :D

lvysaur

After chopping it up into pieces, I soak the liver in lemon water for 20 minutes, then flour it and pan-fry it. This removes a lot of the off-taste.

loess

Ray once said these two things to my friend when she inquired about grass-fed meat:

“I think grass feeding is the important thing, since the most concentrated contaminants are likely to be in the powdered food concentrates that they use for fattening the animals."

"liver has detoxifying enzymes, so it doesn’t have to be grass fed, it’s always naturally detoxified (about 96% free of the chemicals in muscle meats.)”

Personally I do go to some effort to source all of the meat (including liver) that I buy from local grass-fed farmers that I trust. I am inclined to think that it's probably not as crucial with liver; you just do the best you can with the resources that you have available.

scarlettsmum

Ray once said these two things to my friend when she inquired about grass-fed meat:

“I think grass feeding is the important thing, since the most concentrated contaminants are likely to be in the powdered food concentrates that they use for fattening the animals."

"liver has detoxifying enzymes, so it doesn’t have to be grass fed, it’s always naturally detoxified (about 96% free of the chemicals in muscle meats.)”

Personally I do go to some effort to source all of the meat (including liver) that I buy from local grass-fed farmers that I trust. I am inclined to think that it's probably not as crucial with liver; you just do the best you can with the resources that you have available.
Great, thanks for the quote of liver not needing to be from a grass fed animal. Sometimes I fancy duck livers which is even milder than chicken and can't get grass fed here.
Another thing I noticed yesterday after having my liver is that the adrenaline jolts that would wake me up and cause irregular heart beat just as I was about to dose off stopped after about 1 month of these becoming a regular annoying and scary part of my nighttime routine. I have done nothing else, only took cypro recently which didn't help with these. I really am amazed and I'm a convert. So simple and yet we try supplements, and god knows what and perhaps lots of us just need to make sure to have a regular serving of liver.

Xisca

It is difficult to get some liver here !
And I cannot believe that it does not have to be grass fed.... Liver is were all toxins arrive or not?!?!?
So ok it detox, but before it gets rid of them, they are in there...

I must say that I agree I get instantly better with liver....

loess

Liver is were all toxins arrive or not?!?!?
So ok it detox, but before it gets rid of them, they are in there...

There's a rather widespread myth that the liver is a storage organ for toxins in the body (be it human, cow or other mammal), and it is simply not true. While one of the primary roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins, a healthy liver will not absorb or store these substances. Rather, undesirable substances are likely to accumulate in the body’s fatty tissues and nervous systems. What a healthy liver does store are many important nutrients (vitamin A, D, E, K, B12, folic acid, minerals) and glycogen.

That being said, I think it's highly dependent on the specific context of your source of liver. Grass fed or not, if I have the choice I personally prefer not to consume meat that has been raised in on land that's been poisoned, full of heavy metals, toxic ag chemical runoff, etc. You mentioned it is difficult to obtain liver where you live...is there a mail-order source of grass-fed liver that you could use? Or perhaps go around and ask local butchers?

[QUOTE="scarlettsmum, post: 194865, member: 3102" So simple and yet we try supplements, and god knows what and perhaps lots of us just need to make sure to have a regular serving of liver.[/QUOTE]

Yes i agree. Its better to take whole foods than taking 10-15 supplement a day and not know if its really helping.

Supplements can be helpful until your body recovers. But there are some really important that needs to be taken consistently.

Cheese really heats me up plus the enjoyment of eating one of the best tasting food in the world.

Xisca

You mentioned it is difficult to obtain liver where you live...is there a mail-order source of grass-fed liver that you could use? Or perhaps go around and ask local butchers?
Well, local butchers do not have any and what do they do with it!!!!! or yes, they have beef liver, and i get nothing from it!
Only sheep liver Works as an instant boost!
Anyone any idea why?

And yes I can it ordered at a heath food store, but they do not get it that often...
I try to organise it better and better...
Thanks for your ideas and the sweet care I could feel behind it!

Makrosky

There's a rather widespread myth that the liver is a storage organ for toxins in the body (be it human, cow or other mammal), and it is simply not true. While one of the primary roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins, a healthy liver will not absorb or store these substances. Rather, undesirable substances are likely to accumulate in the body’s fatty tissues and nervous systems. What a healthy liver does store are many important nutrients (vitamin A, D, E, K, B12, folic acid, minerals) and glycogen.
hehe... you never did any Liver Cleanse, Andreas Moritz style, right ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals