Liver juice

Karmeleon

Hey,

Did anyone try to juice a beef liver? I guess its more doable to just drink the goodie and skip eating it. I'm wondering if it is possible to juice it in a centrifugal juicer. Has anyone approached it that way? Or a technique guide maybe?

Hey,

Did anyone try to juice a beef liver? I guess its more doable to just drink the goodie and skip eating it. I'm wondering if it is possible to juice it in a centrifugal juicer. Has anyone approached it that way? Or a technique guide maybe?
That sounds so awful, like a vampire drinking blood! I ate my braunschweiger for my one once of liver today, but drinking liver juice would be something else :)

TradClare

For the Gerson therapy, it used to be ground together with carrots, then pressed in linen cloths in the press. They would serve it with a wedge of orange at the hospital to help get the taste out of your mouth. I never tried it, but it smelled awful. My mom did the therapy for a few years when I was little. It worked great! They don't use it anymore because it is so hard to find good clean livers.

OP
K

Karmeleon

Thanks for the input. I guess i stay with mixing it in ground beef to mask the taste and drink coke alongside it.
I was secondary interested in the liquid fraction of the liver, because it was used in very old studies to be injected in people alongside vitamin supplements for liver ailments and i think i once read a study about post radiation incident treatment (hiroshima and later one or two times).
There seems to be some fractions especially usefull that are maybe lost if cooked. Also those studies were from times were not all b-vitamins were discovered.
Also not all B-vitamins and other substances are fully studied (Q10, other vitamin like substances) or sold in vitamin supplements, so food is superior to purely artificial vitamins and minerals.
The only way i could extract a liquid fraction would be by using a centrifugal juicer, so not optimal, but maybe possible to juice a whole cow liver and exclude the more of the lipid portion (vitamin a overdose wise), and consume it for the enormous vitamin / mineral content in more concentrated form.