Liver Health

BobbyDukes

TMG is supposed to be some sort of miracle for revitalising a compromised liver, but it goes against Ray Peat's guidelines on avoiding methylating agents.

Amazoniac

Linking intestinal homeostasis and liver disease

By the way, I know a person that turns maniac after consuming thickening agents. The first contact or reintroduction is quite shocking, the reaction is almost funny (not as a coincidence, involves a mix of depression and aggression), but then the person adapts and it only manifests as joint inflammation a few days later. When I witnessed this I offered charcoal but it was refused, apparently it looks scarier than the reaction.
Simple things such as these agents can be the initiating factors.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

hi Dave, how long it take for you to see results?
It was a few months in between tests.

There's a phenomenon where aspirin initially elevates AST enzymes, but after repeated administration they will drop.

Last edited:

Lucenzo01

All the fat-solubles are great for the liver as well as niacinamide. Ray Peat has said that Vitamin D can reverse fatty liver.

aquaman

It's pretty mainstream but milk thistle is another thing that is proven to support liver health.

I trialled milk thistle last few months and it 100% affected my sleep, VERY badly. Couldn't figure out what it was for a while. Then went off it for a week and sleep got much better. Then took it for 1 night and sleep was terrible. Something in it is too stimulating for me - probably stimulates adrenaline/cortisol.

L

lollipop

I trialled milk thistle last few months and it 100% affected my sleep, VERY badly. Couldn't figure out what it was for a while. Then went off it for a week and sleep got much better. Then took it for 1 night and sleep was terrible. Something in it is too stimulating for me - probably stimulates adrenaline/cortisol.
What time of day did you take it and how much? Both my husband and myself got excellent results taking it first thing in the morning and ONLY one 500mg capsule. Anything above 500mg has estrogenic effects. Using this protocol, it never bothered our sleep.

YourUniverse

I just went 11 hours without getting hungry, must be a personal record.

I think my liver health has noticeably improved since peating. I think I'm now able to store tremendous glycogen.

I had ~1700 calories for lunch (and ~300 for breakfast): 3 cups of rice, 280g of liver in coconut oil, a few cups of coffee, some orange juice, a pineapple, a cucumber, candy, salt, and 3 cups of 1% milk. I lifted hard this morning, so my appetite should have been ravenous.

haidut must be right - coffee & vitamin K, and patience. GL all

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals