Liver Flush - Experiences?

Prosper

User @gbolduev mentioned liver flushes in his Q&A thread. It piqued my interest. Has anyone done these? How did it help you? What kind of recipe did you use?

Ingredients (The Most Simple Liver Flush):

1. one large grapefruit or 2 smaller grapefruits, enough to squeeze 1/2 cup of fresh juice ( other fruit can be used! )

2. 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( or any other natural oil )

What is the Liver Flush? What is the Gallbladder Flush? Flush recipe? How to cleanse the liver and the gallbladder?

Waynish

I did the master cleanse for 10 days down to the tee. Didn't get any lasting benefits that were significant enough to notice. It's part of a liver cleanse methodology iirc.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I did the master cleanse for 10 days down to the tee. Didn't get any lasting benefits that were significant enough to notice. It's part of a liver cleanse methodology iirc.
The flush gbold & the site I linked advocates is done in one day and is to be repeated every two weeks until you have done it 15 times in order to reap more lasting benefits. In this way it seems very different than the "sustained" cleanse you did.

Makrosky

@Prosper,

The protocol you posted is dangerous. You should use epsom salts as Andreas Moritz protocol. @gbolduev confirmed it is the Andreas Moritz protocol he used, no the one you posted.

Few things :
1st - You have to not eat fats a few days before the flush, so you have enough built up pressure in the gallbladder
2nd - I don't think you can do it every 2 weeks. It is just too much. Normally is one every 3-4 weeks.
3rd - You have to take malic acid or drink apple juice before the flush.
4th - You have to cleanse your entire colon after the flush.

I advise anyone wanting to to this to follow Andreas protocol to the smallest detail.

Last edited:
OP
Prosper

Prosper

@Prosper,

The protocol you posted is dangerous. You should use epsom salts as Andreas Moritz protocol. @gbolduev confirmed it is the Andreas Moritz protocol he used, no the one you posted.

Few things :
1st - You have to not eat fats a few days before the flush, so you have enough built up pressure in the gallbladder
2nd - I don't think you can do it every 2 weeks. It is just too much. Normally is one every 3-4 weeks.
3rd - You have to take malic acid or drink apple juice before the flush.
4th - You have to cleanse your entire colon after the flush.

I advise anyone wanting to to this to follow Andreas protocol to the smallest detail.

Thanks. Can you say why it is dangerous?

Herbie

I did the Dr Hulda Liver cleanse. Similar to what Gbold mentioned.

I had 1000s of stones, quite the ride.

Makrosky

Thanks. Can you say why it is dangerous?
Because of a few things :
1st - the epsom salts assure your bile ducts are dilated so the stones do not get stuck there.
2nd - the epsom salts kind of clear the colon so no stones (full of toxic waste) get stucked in the colon
3rd - the colon cleanse a few days after the flush assures nothing remains there which will cause toxin reabsorption.

It's just better to read Andreas book.

If it's required to build up "pressure" in the gallbladder. It's not much of a cleanse, no? It's more like a "build up excessive bile and then release it".

Makrosky

If it's require to build up "pressure" in the gallbladder. It's not much of a cleanse, no? It's more like a "build up excessive bile and then release it".
Yes that's the point. You build up pressure with a lot of bile, then expel it making the stones/toxins stored in the liver to move out of their places.

I don't think the typical "stones" one sees when doing a liver flush are actually on the liver. That's impossible. However I do really think there are some stones in the liver, smaller ones. I know for sure because a couple of times while doing coffee enemas with a special kind of coffe, much stronger content of caffeine, etc. I expeled some sand. Where was that if not in the liver ? I've done other kind of colon cleanses etc. and I never found any sand or gravel. This clearly came from the liver or gallbladder.

Yes that's the point. You build up pressure with a lot of bile, then expel it making the stones/toxins stored in the liver to move out of their places.

I don't think the typical "stones" one sees when doing a liver flush are actually on the liver. That's impossible. However I do really think there are some stones in the liver, smaller ones. I know for sure because a couple of times while doing coffee enemas with a special kind of coffe, much stronger content of caffeine, etc. I expeled some sand. Where was that if not in the liver ? I've done other kind of colon cleanses etc. and I never found any sand or gravel. This clearly came from the liver or gallbladder.
Have you tried plain simple UDCA for some weeks? (dissolves hardened bile)

Pointless

Once I got sand from a Moritz liver cleanse. I tried it a few other times with no stones or anything. Tudca never did anything for me.

snowboard111

I did it 5 times and let me tell you, it's absolutely atrocious... to each their own, obviously.

When I first got into "health" some of Moritz books and videos we're the first content I started with and being naturally drawn to the holistic approach I though; why not?
Anyway, did it 5 times, the mix of olive oil + grapefruit is disgusting and the epsom salts is just as bad. The last time I did it, I threw up next to my bed while semi-sleeping. Plus I've never seen such things as the "stones" during my experiments. Maybe they exist, I'm not sure.

I still think one should probably read the book and try it for himself and see. The liver "cleanse" with caffeine at 1200mg+ a day was more beneficial for me :handfist:

dbh25

Really, sand and stones?
I'd like to have an idea of what can happen before I try it

johnwester130

isn't this fake ??

taurine and glycine eaten over a period of a year should dissolve them, if they even exist

InChristAlone

Yeah I've done 3. The last one was probably stupid as I was pregnant and digestion is slower as pregnancy nears the end. I was nauseous all night and barely any stones came out. The first two tries got out a bunch of those green stones. Apparently once you start you can't stop because stones move forward during each one and then could get stuck or whatever. I don't want to go through that. Coffee enemas seem a more gentle route and as a benefit get to clean out the colon! Gbold makes it out like this is a fool proof method for excellent health but not so sure on that. Andreas moritz died an early death.

DDK

Yeah I've done 3. The last one was probably stupid as I was pregnant and digestion is slower as pregnancy nears the end. I was nauseous all night and barely any stones came out. The first two tries got out a bunch of those green stones. Apparently once you start you can't stop because stones move forward during each one and then could get stuck or whatever. I don't want to go through that. Coffee enemas seem a more gentle route and as a benefit get to clean out the colon! Gbold makes it out like this is a fool proof method for excellent health but not so sure on that. Andreas moritz died an early death.

The important factor is determining why you got the stones in the first place. Dealing with the reason for why the gallstones are forming is more important than trying to flush them out, because without dealing with the cause; they will just keep coming back. There are some reports of serious complications from these liver flushes, although I don't know how much of that can be chalked up to user error. Also, can't really diminish the flushes because the guy died an early death, since his cause of death is unknown.

RobertJM

The important factor is determining why you got the stones in the first place. Dealing with the reason for why the gallstones are forming is more important than trying to flush them out, because without dealing with the cause; they will just keep coming back. There are some reports of serious complications from these liver flushes, although I don't know how much of that can be chalked up to user error. Also, can't really diminish the flushes because the guy died an early death, since his cause of death is unknown.

And how does one stop from getting them in the first place? All you'll find on the internet is speculation from various sources on why they (apparently) form, from what I've seen (tried learning about).

My guess would be diet, lifestyle (getting to bed at a decent time, etc).