Liver detox with K2 and caffeine—then what?

theoogabear

Hey y’all,

I’ve been peating for about 6 months, I come from a more low carb/strict IF lifestyle and I have been having trouble adapting to Peat’s principles.

Recently, I tried to supplement niacinamide, and while it helped me lose a lot of fat in my abdomen, I felt so tired I had to stop using it.

However, I found out last night that there’s a kind of adaptation period to coming to Peat’s principles, and that using things like aspirin and niacinamide when your liver isn’t healthy is a terrible idea. So I’ve decided to do the Vitamin K2 and Caffeine protocol.

So my question is, what is next after this two week period? My goal is sugar oxidation, so what do I do after?

Currently I am only taking:
Doxycycline 100mg x 1/day
1g of aspirin at night (might cut out)
15mg of K2 throughout the day
600mg of caffeine throughout the day
Methylene Blue .5mcg x 1/day
Cyno plus 1/4tablet x 2/day

To be honest, I do think the niacinamide set me back a bit. I couldn’t feel the affects of the cyno plus the moment I started taking it. Seriously, I could’ve been taking sugar pills. But I wanted the fat gone, and figured there was a growth period. However, it’s been a month and I can’t stand the fatigue anymore. Today is my first day without it and I feel much better.

Thank you all, this forum has helped me a ton!

Limon9

Miracle cures work well on paper because fat-livered rodents are given ample choline to export fat from the liver as VLDLs - a possible reason why the "protocol" just doesn't work for some. So... "next," you might want to see how much of that you're eating.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

Miracle cures work well on paper because fat-livered rodents are given ample choline to export fat from the liver as VLDLs - a possible reason why the "protocol" just doesn't work for some. So... "next," you might want to see how much of that you're eating.
I eat eggs everyday. Interesting I reacted negatively

dukesbobby777

I eat eggs everyday. Interesting I reacted negatively

What you get from food won't do anything dramatic. Some nutritional health gurus reccomend taking choline in grams to start exporting fat from the liver significantly. Eggs contain a few hundred mgs per egg. And the more of those you eat, the more PUFAs you clock up.

Did you have belly fat on your low carb/IF lifestyle?

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

What you get from food won't do anything dramatic. Some nutritional health gurus reccomend taking choline in grams to start exporting fat from the liver significantly. Eggs contain a few hundred mgs per egg. And the more of those you eat, the more PUFAs you clock up.

Did you have belly fat on your low carb/IF lifestyle?
Word. Does choline burn fat alone, or do I need to take niacinamide with it? Will it help the fatigue?

I started to towards the end, and that’s what made me switch.

edit: that’s why I’m taking the doxycycline. I’ve had gut issues for years which has set me on the low carb path, and to here. Carrot salads help deflate my belly, and so do the antioxidants, and b3 did for the 3 weeks I used it, but I can’t deal with the fatigue anymore.

Last edited:

Jessie

TUDCA, coffee, and glycine is the best protocol for leaning out your liver.

TUDCA (500mgs 2x daily)
Strong coffee (4-5 cups daily)
*Glycine (100mgs with each cup of coffee)

Stay on that protocol until you go back to the doctor for your next checkup. Eating a diet that's low in both fat and sugar would assist this protocol to a high degree. Focus mostly on lean protein and starches like rice and potato.

*You could also use a teaspoon of gelatin if you don't have pure glycine.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

TUDCA, coffee, and glycine is the best protocol for leaning out your liver.

TUDCA (500mgs 2x daily)
Strong coffee (4-5 cups daily)
*Glycine (100mgs with each cup of coffee)

Stay on that protocol until you go back to the doctor for your next checkup. Eating a diet that's low in both fat and sugar would assist this protocol to a high degree. Focus mostly on lean protein and starches like rice and potato.

*You could also use a teaspoon of gelatin if you don't have pure glycine.
Thanks! I’ve been eating gelatin a lot with oj, love it!