Live fast die old

K

Kayaker

Ah, so you symptom-tracked it to figure out that it was the fiber causing the symptoms. Nice work--sometimes it takes months or years for me to figure out what's causing certain symptoms. Have you gone completely fiber-less? Personally, I've found that while most fibers affect my gut and brain negatively, I do need some (ideally a good amount) tolerable fibers in my diet, otherwise my tongue gets coated, signifying that things aren't moving through quick enough.
I've been juicing the fruits in my mouth and spitting out the pulp so I probably swallow some fiber. I eat carrot, but no other fiber. Interesting about the tongue coating. My tongue is usually just a little coated. Back when I drank milk, it was moreso, and I chalked it up to being milk rather than bacterial growth since there was enough white on my tongue to rub it off against the roof of my mouth.
Well tolerated fibers (in order):
1. Carrots
2. Ripe melons, grapes, papayas
3. Ripe berries
4. White button mushrooms (if I eat them too many days in a row, I think I start to get anhedonia and a white tongue, but I'm still not sure what causes that).
That's it.
How ripe do you consider ripe for melons? When they're soft, I can split them in half and squeeze the juice out of them with my hands. I certainly prefer that than awful hard ones. I think the hard ones burn my mouth, maybe enzymes in unripe fruit.

Grapes give me a stomach ache. I'm not sure if it's the sulfites or sulfur dioxide, or the skin. Last time I came across ones free of the sulfate chemicals, I spit out the skin and pulp and I had no upset tummy.

I forgot what a papaya is. I think there was a Papaya Island or something. Is it something like a mango? Or should I say, Mamago? :shifty
Poorly tolerated fibers:
-oat bran (I have to update my thread on this, but it gave a deep intestinal feeling of pressure and stuck-ness)
-bamboo shoots (not sure if it's because the can or what, but they sit like a rock in my gut)
-unripe fruit (unfortunately, this is 90% of fruits in the store)
-all starches
First I hear there's a difference between ripe and unripe fiber. But it makes sense. Unripe fruit is hard, so the fiber is probably different somehow.
What about you? Which fibers do you tolerate best and worst?
I have no idea. I just know that I have less brain fog now that I spit out the fiber.

I'm going to go the extra mile and buy a cold-press juicer. It makes better juice with less fiber, and it's faster than a masticating juicer. Sure, I'll go broke, but it isn't money that matters at the moment, but time and energy, which this will save as compared with a different type of juicer.
I'm not sure how my gut responds to meat. My best digestive month (sleep and tongue and gut feeling) in recent memory occurred nearly two years ago, when I first transitioned out of carnivore and ate only frozen fruit and lamb. So I think I digest meat pretty well. But if my digestion isn't moving quickly, I think I can feel meat sit in my gut and rot. I also think my body odor gets worse when meat sits in my gut with slow digestion. So, I don't know. How well do you digest meat?
I have no problems digesting meat. I remember feeling strong somehow from meat. It reminds me of how someone said they have more energy from meat, but that it's unclean, but plant foods don't give as much energy and are clean. Interesting with the body odor. I don't have it and I previously attributed it to lowish ferritin.
Excellent analysis, with the creativity vs technological dichotomy. I agree that N64 games and Gamecube games maximized the two of those, more than anything that Sony or Microsoft has ever made. I've never really played Zelda, but from what I've gathered it's incredibly original and thoughtful--that's how I'd evaluate the Mari Games and SSB too, as well as Animal Crossing on gamecube. That might be my favorite game of all time.
There was a twitter link in another thread, I think the youth mental health one. It had a comic strip of a kid being given video games until adulthood, and him playing Animal Crossing while his father was dying. It must have offended someone since it got taken off for copyright. I own that game for GCN, but don't remember much of it. I have some sort of attachment to the Zelda world. I mean the one I perceived when I was a child and thought the game world existed beyond what were the boundaries of the overworld. I know that it's my own imagination in childhood that I have nostalgia for, but I have difficulty accepting a world in which there's order and civilization rather than being alone with a bunch of monsters running around, and there being treasure and many mysterious things. I guess the slightly more realistic version is the Fallout post-apocalyptic wasteland utopia. I haven't seen a realistic version of an adventurer in a depopulated, mostly ungoverned world with modern or futuristic technology. See, technocracy is okay as long as it's decentralized. If we win, maybe we'll someday have technology that's clean, reliable, and cheap, unlike the glitchy mess with constant updates, backdoors, patented software, and binary blobs that we have now.

Some of the GCN games resemble cheesy action films, and it's so great and nostalgic. Super Mario Sunshine felt like a vacation in another world. Paper Mario TTYD had such an immersive story that I told kids at school I was in a real life fight club, when I was really just enthralled with the Glitz Pit. You haven't mentioned the Sonic series. The best ones were the early 3D games for Dreamcast and GCN, imo. SA1 was rough around the edges. SA2 was the best. Cheesy, epic, and action-packed. Sonic Heroes gives me the feeling of warmth and romance. Maybe it was the "friendship" thing emphasized in it. Shadow the Hedgehog was badass. For slightly more mature audiences, it hit home as a goodbye to the series. I've played games newer than that, but they lacked "soul" like the previous ones. Some people say they liked the early 2D ones the most because they had only a few characters. I'd normally agree, but since the characters in SA2 were all charming and not made of cardboard, it was welcome. Before it wasn't fleshed out enough, and after, the characters started falling into stereotypes.

We now know that we don't have time to play games. We, the ones who love freedom, are fighting to keep the game from degenerating further into a boring smart city RPG with lots of grinding. I doubt with all the poisoned serotonergic people trained to be weak, we will succeed to create a game we look forward to playing. However far they get, turning people into degenerate robots:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohm5CVdutrw

"It doesn't matter what now happens. We will never give up the fight." :rockout

Vileplume

Darn. I’m sorry to hear Harmless Harvest treated you poorly. I had some bloating with TJ’s coconut water due to the little fibers in it, but started straining it through a coffee filter and this worked a charm. I get the grape juice from vitacost. It’s the Santa Cruz brand:

Phew…so I’m not that vintage then. Haha!
Awesome to know, about straining through a coffee filter. Thanks Jennifer.

Vileplume

Does the summerhill milk still taste pretty good? I’ve been thinking of giving up my raw milk because the farmer I buy it from no longer has a2/a2 cows. I’m just a bit skeptical because I’ve never tried pasteurized milk before.
The Summerhill milk is the best-tasting milk I've ever had. I tolerate raw goat milk the best, but I think Summerhill tastes better. Even though it's pasteurized, I still do really well with Summerhill. It's a good fallback when raw goat (or A2) milk isn't available.

Vileplume

I've been juicing the fruits in my mouth and spitting out the pulp so I probably swallow some fiber. I eat carrot, but no other fiber. Interesting about the tongue coating. My tongue is usually just a little coated. Back when I drank milk, it was moreso, and I chalked it up to being milk rather than bacterial growth since there was enough white on my tongue to rub it off against the roof of my mouth.
I think milk definitely applies a layer of white paint over the bacteria, making it more noticeable, but if it's still there in the morning, it's probably bacteria, right? My tongue will appear very coated in the morning, so I figure it's bacteria. Plus the degree of coating totally corresponds with cognitive symptoms. If yours wiped right off, it probably was just milk.
How ripe do you consider ripe for melons? When they're soft, I can split them in half and squeeze the juice out of them with my hands. I certainly prefer that than awful hard ones. I think the hard ones burn my mouth, maybe enzymes in unripe fruit.

Grapes give me a stomach ache. I'm not sure if it's the sulfites or sulfur dioxide, or the skin. Last time I came across ones free of the sulfate chemicals, I spit out the skin and pulp and I had no upset tummy.

I forgot what a papaya is. I think there was a Papaya Island or something. Is it something like a mango? Or should I say, Mamago? :shifty

First I hear there's a difference between ripe and unripe fiber. But it makes sense. Unripe fruit is hard, so the fiber is probably different somehow.
Softness, color, and sweetness are the main indicators. I love the melons that are soft and dripping, like you described. If they're not absolutely soaked soft with sweet juice, I don't tolerate them well. But when the melon is as you described, nothing makes me feel better--energy, happiness, great stomach feeling, good poops. Man, it's the best.

I've gotten upset stomach from grapes before too, but only when they're not sweet n' ripe. Plus, grapes are one of the most pesticide-rich foods, so it's important to get them organic.

Papayas are yellow on the outside and orange on the inside. And they're kinda like a less-sweet melon.

Yeah, I actually heard about the ripe vs. unripe difference from Ray. On a Herb Doctors show, he talked about how the polymers in unripe fruit haven't fully broken down and can therefore be toxic. Then I emailed him once about melon juice, and he replied something like Unless perfectly ripe, melons can contain enough starch to irritate the intestine. So I guess there's raw starch in fruit (and raw starch not only irritates the intestine, but can persorb into the blood) that turns into sugar during the ripening process. Ripe vs unripe is the difference between life-giving and toxic.
I'm going to go the extra mile and buy a cold-press juicer. It makes better juice with less fiber, and it's faster than a masticating juicer. Sure, I'll go broke, but it isn't money that matters at the moment, but time and energy, which this will save as compared with a different type of juicer.
Totally agree with that perspective. Let me know how the juice turns out.
See, technocracy is okay as long as it's decentralized. If we win, maybe we'll someday have technology that's clean, reliable, and cheap, unlike the glitchy mess with constant updates, backdoors, patented software, and binary blobs that we have now.
I agree. Now that centralization reigns supreme, it's difficult to sneak decentralization in before it gets stomped out by those in power. One day the intelligence of the universe will probably overpower any sort of human-run power system, but that seems like it could still be at least a century down the line. Cryptocurrency does provide a powerful decentralized economic system in its fully realized form, but it has its own exploitable drawbacks and in its current state, it's indirectly centralized because you need to buy crypto with fiat.
You haven't mentioned the Sonic series. The best ones were the early 3D games for Dreamcast and GCN, imo. SA1 was rough around the edges. SA2 was the best. Cheesy, epic, and action-packed. Sonic Heroes gives me the feeling of warmth and romance. Maybe it was the "friendship" thing emphasized in it. Shadow the Hedgehog was badass. For slightly more mature audiences, it hit home as a goodbye to the series. I've played games newer than that, but they lacked "soul" like the previous ones. Some people say they liked the early 2D ones the most because they had only a few characters. I'd normally agree, but since the characters in SA2 were all charming and not made of cardboard, it was welcome. Before it wasn't fleshed out enough, and after, the characters started falling into stereotypes.

We now know that we don't have time to play games. We, the ones who love freedom, are fighting to keep the game from degenerating further into a boring smart city RPG with lots of grinding. I doubt with all the poisoned serotonergic people trained to be weak, we will succeed to create a game we look forward to playing. However far they get, turning people into degenerate robots:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohm5CVdutrw

"It doesn't matter what now happens. We will never give up the fight." :rockout

I freaking LOVED Sonic Adventure 2. But I must admit, I think my favorite part of that game was raising Chaos in the little Chao zone. You could buy Chao eggs in the black market and then raise these cute little guys, who would develop skills and race and wrestle. And when you were tired of fighting bosses and digging up emeralds, you could go into the little side Chao world and just breathe. Overall, excellent game.

That song takes me back to the game's first level--racing down the street, grabbing rings.

Brandin

ok, let's face the simple fact. most members here are sick. it is not rice or potatoes. there is no an absolute diet. RP has many issues of his own, so he influences people. you need to find out what is good for you. RP is against fasting. this is crazy. Cortison and stuff? you get too much cortison, when you your body is broken. Fasting a day or two is good for everyone who is not sick. it is probably good for those who are sick as well, as long as they are not close to dying.
Actually the reason many people in here are unhealthy is because people find this place to fix their health issues. And then we have longterm peaters who just know how it feels to have amazing health and just deems things that is nowadays normal to be unhealthy (because it isnt actually healthy and avarage person just think so because its their normal state). I for example think I am unhealthy if I ever have a slight stomach ache or slight brainfog one day. The reason? = Because I generally dont experience it and it is unhealthy compared to my normal state.

What I were before peating was 10x more "unhealthy" than now but I still have things that are unhealthy (avarage humanbeing wouldnt even see those things as unhealthy). Does something bigger pop up here and there? yes.

Also its not cortison during fasting that is the problem, I believe you mean cortisol... The fact you used cortison and wrote it as a question points toward you not having alot of knowledge about fasting.

Actually the reason many people in here are unhealthy is because people find this place to fix their health issues. And then we have longterm peaters who just know how it feels to have amazing health and just deems things that is nowadays normal to be unhealthy (because it isnt actually healthy and avarage person just think so because its their normal state). I for example think I am unhealthy if I ever have a slight stomach ache or slight brainfog one day. The reason? = Because I generally dont experience it and it is unhealthy compared to my normal state.

What I were before peating was 10x more "unhealthy" than now but I still have things that are unhealthy (avarage humanbeing wouldnt even see those things as unhealthy). Does something bigger pop up here and there? yes.

Also its not cortison during fasting that is the problem, I believe you mean cortisol... The fact you used cortison and wrote it as a question points toward you not having alot of knowledge about fasting.
You explained that so well Brandin. I am exactly the same, only improving from Ray Peat's work. Fortunately for me I had already improved my health from seven years on the Blood Type Diet and three more going grain free before implementing my final Ray Peat stage five years ago. I am the healthiest I have ever been at 58, which is 500% better than I was in my 20's.

K

Kayaker

I think milk definitely applies a layer of white paint over the bacteria, making it more noticeable, but if it's still there in the morning, it's probably bacteria, right? My tongue will appear very coated in the morning, so I figure it's bacteria. Plus the degree of coating totally corresponds with cognitive symptoms. If yours wiped right off, it probably was just milk.
Peat doesn't think there's much of a difference between A1 and A2 milk. Do you feel a difference between raw A1 and raw A2?
Softness, color, and sweetness are the main indicators. I love the melons that are soft and dripping, like you described. If they're not absolutely soaked soft with sweet juice, I don't tolerate them well. But when the melon is as you described, nothing makes me feel better--energy, happiness, great stomach feeling, good poops. Man, it's the best.
Interesting. Maybe I'll try swallowing a ripe melon and see how I respond to it.
I've gotten upset stomach from grapes before too, but only when they're not sweet n' ripe. Plus, grapes are one of the most pesticide-rich foods, so it's important to get them organic.
So you think it's because they're unripe? What color of grapes do you eat? I've never seen organic grapes where I live. I'm a fan of the black ones, so maybe there were organic red or white ones and I didn't notice.
Papayas are yellow on the outside and orange on the inside. And they're kinda like a less-sweet melon.

Yeah, I actually heard about the ripe vs. unripe difference from Ray. On a Herb Doctors show, he talked about how the polymers in unripe fruit haven't fully broken down and can therefore be toxic. Then I emailed him once about melon juice, and he replied something like Unless perfectly ripe, melons can contain enough starch to irritate the intestine. So I guess there's raw starch in fruit (and raw starch not only irritates the intestine, but can persorb into the blood) that turns into sugar during the ripening process. Ripe vs unripe is the difference between life-giving and toxic.
When I ate mandarins by sucking out the juice and spitting out the pulp, I had some sort of breathing abnormality with coughs which were difficult to suppress, and I had watery stools not long after. Maybe it's because they say they're coated with vegetable wax, beeswax, or petroleum-based wax. I washed and peeled them beforehand, but I'm sure some got on the fruit while I was peeling. It could also be that they're unripe. But I didn't notice this from store-bought orange juice.

However, I always got watery stools from drinking too much OJ, especially if I neutralized it with baking soda. I now wonder if it's because the juice is unripe and irritating to the intestine, rather than just drinking too much fluid and it going the other way, which is what I previously thought. Lactose-free milk didn't have this effect, though I stopped drinking it because it caused a problem with reading and short-term memory. If I added sugar, especially with cocoa, it would actually cause slow, hard stools.

Do you have a way of telling if melons are ripe before cutting them open? I imagine they would yield more to being squeezed. One possibility I'm afraid of is waiting too long and the melon becoming rotten. By color, you are referring to the color of the flesh and not the skin, right?

It's so complicated. People ask you if you eat fruits, but that's not the whole story. Some fruits produce serotonin due to being shipped. Fruits are best washed in baking soda rather than water to soak up the pesticides. OJ has enzymes, flavor packets, and who knows what else. Plus the issue of ripeness. Peat prefers to drink cola, which doesn't have vitamins, when ripe OJ isn't available, so apparently it's bad enough that a fluid without (much) vitamin and mineral content is preferable.
Totally agree with that perspective. Let me know how the juice turns out.

I agree. Now that centralization reigns supreme, it's difficult to sneak decentralization in before it gets stomped out by those in power. One day the intelligence of the universe will probably overpower any sort of human-run power system, but that seems like it could still be at least a century down the line.
There were bills to repeal surveillance in 2013 and 2015, but for some reason, they never made it anywhere.

I don't understand how people accepted that the taxes they paid would be used on secret programs to begin with. Let alone used to spy on them. I think people are unaware of ways to be on the offensive, so instead, all they do is defend against upcoming attacks to liberty. If there's a reason to pass them, the fearful people around them give in to the terror.

When you think "terrorists", you may think of ISIS or Muslim bombers. But terrorism is causing terror. How are the people who run the MSM not considered terrorists, spreading false information that inspires terror in people? Then again, that line of thinking is dangerous, since authorities decide on definitions of words, and by their definition, anti-vaxxers could be terrorists. Truthful information such as that someone is driving toward a cliff would not be immoral. On the other hand, fearmongering for profit, especially to impose tyranny onto an entire population, is.
Cryptocurrency does provide a powerful decentralized economic system in its fully realized form, but it has its own exploitable drawbacks and in its current state, it's indirectly centralized because you need to buy crypto with fiat.
I believe the only useful crypto is Monero. Possibly including Zcash, which can also not record transactions, but there's an option to and it's not as popular. I see Bitcoin being pushed very hard onto people when I go on Twitter. Even Monero is just uselessly pulling money out of communities. Investing in organic farms and helping them grow is much wiser than stockpiling money.

Another way of fighting against the economic system is supporting the passing of a Balanced Budget Amendment. It's not fair for the government to reduce the value of your promissory notes.

People interpret what Biden said about inflation being a political asset as sarcastic. I believe it is an asset for the ruling class to create poverty and increase taxes to create more welfare programs and more control.
I freaking LOVED Sonic Adventure 2. But I must admit, I think my favorite part of that game was raising Chaos in the little Chao zone. You could buy Chao eggs in the black market and then raise these cute little guys, who would develop skills and race and wrestle. And when you were tired of fighting bosses and digging up emeralds, you could go into the little side Chao world and just breathe. Overall, excellent game.
That was a very natural hunting and gathering system. I'd go back and forth between collecting in levels and feeding the Chao in the Chao world. When I beat the Last Story, I worked on getting all A ranks, and amazingly, I succeeded. It seemed impossible. Looking back, I wasn't very good at video games requiring quick reflexes, possibly due to being hypothyroid.

I was a fan of Chao Fruit, which increased their stats equally. I bought the most expensive shiny eggs as well. The different Chao gardens were interesting. I made up a story about a strange figure standing beside the Dark Chao Garden entrance and one of my Chao disappearing, like a spooky Halloween story.

Later, I read about Sonic's super-bounce trick and tried to match speedruns I found online, of course I never got anywhere close. I noticed how the physics for SA2 and SSBM are quick. In future games, physics were slower and floaty, which I didn't like. Artstyle as well, SA2 and SSBM had darker artstyles.

Considering you have a Pokemon avatar, I will also praise Pokemon Colosseum. Very nostalgic game.
That song takes me back to the game's first level--racing down the street, grabbing rings.
Actually, I remembered that song being used in a 2-player city escape movie that appeared when you waited on the title screen. I looked for it, but I couldn't find it.

Remember the good 'ol days of split-screen 2-player? Now everyone must have their own console and game. I wonder if this was pushed to sell more of them, or something more nefarious like isolating people. Another thing I consider unthinkable is people having to connect to the internet to download a game which they bought online, or having to be connected to the internet to play an offline PC game. Things like these foreshadowed the majority of people accepting the experimental vaxx, and systems like covid pass. There's no question that people will accept BCI video games.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals