Live fast die old

Peating Force

Hello world !

I have been lurking for quite some time and learned some very good things here (and I still am).

I started peating a year ago.

What made me try it is that I developed IBS 3 years ago after eating some cheap whey protein that wrecked my guts. Clever as I was, I finished the bag even though I had d and heartburn from eating it (" hey, I paid for the d*mn thing! " mindset). I just thought that everything would come back clean when I stopped... Worst mistake of my life (for now at least).
I am still cursed with this condition that forbids me from eating a lot of foods that I enjoyed: green vegetables, onions (that I ate daily before), most nuts, cheese (as a French this one is really cruel), coffee (still drinking it)...
And if I eat something I shouldn't and have a flare up, I know my day will be miserable: tiredness, irritability, d...

As you can guess from the "whey" part I'm quite the fitness enthousiast and live by Socrates' words : "what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" so being tired everyday and not being able to put on any weight is quite depressing on a day-to-day basis.

But... I am persuaded that what has been broken can be repaired ! That's how I started lurking here after haunting the forums of ibsgroup.
I won't list everything I tried to cure myself here as that would be quite long but I was thinking about creating an "IBS general" thread with advices for all types of IBS problems and - let's be crazy - hints to cure.
Let me know if it seems like a good idea.
I am also persuaded that it would be possible, in a future not so far, to have an AI that could determine the best supplements stack for you with just a blood test *</dream>*.

Since peating I gained: a fatty liver (may have overdone the whole coconut oil part haha, working on it rn), an orange tan (overdone the carrots part too eh...), supplements to reduce my flare ups and regained quite some hair (maybe 30%). I hope to have my long hair back somewhere in time (not in a hurry - IBS comes first).

Well it has been quite long, thanks for reading and glad to be here !

Eberhardt

Yep saw these threads, but I'm nowhere near supplementing 25K IU vit A daily...
I dont think you need to. According to scandinavian authorities you can start getting accute toxicity levels exceeding 3-5000IU daily. Thats easy. Also if you have some sort of elimination problem (be it bile constriction, liver fibrosis, presence of glyphosate and other pesticides) it might add up over time due to it piling up. But not going to force this idea on you, just wanted to make you aware of the possibility as I've had serious health issues due to this myself and it seemed your symptoms matched well.

youngsinatra

What foods are you typically eating on a day-to-day basis?
What is your current supplement routine?

I have IBS-D, but it‘s very good under control these days and I tolerate more foods again - even beans, whole grains and so on.
Pulsed high dose thiamin therapy, supplementing zinc and getting my vitamin D up helped me a lot.

OP
Peating Force

Peating Force

I dont think you need to. According to scandinavian authorities you can start getting accute toxicity levels exceeding 3-5000IU daily. Thats easy. Also if you have some sort of elimination problem (be it bile constriction, liver fibrosis, presence of glyphosate and other pesticides) it might add up over time due to it piling up. But not going to force this idea on you, just wanted to make you aware of the possibility as I've had serious health issues due to this myself and it seemed your symptoms matched well.
Well thank you. I just cut the carrots and switch coconut oil with olive 1-2 days per week and it seems to work.

What is your current supplement routine?
I saw your thread about thiamin so I started testing it but I reacted strongly to it. 100mg pills make my heart race and add difficulty to fall asleep too. Now I split the pill in half and take it on exercising days, works good but I'm afraid of going higher (all the males of my father's family (him included) have heart problems in their old age).
With that I take D3 5K, K2, vit E 1day/2, I'm trying to add some zinc here and there but I need to be careful as I had some bad previous experiences (even with low dosages (10mg pills)). I grind eggshells to use as calcium that I put in oats too.

Also, I'm about to try NAC, gluthathione and alpha lipoic acid.
I still use whey but isolate now which doesn't seem to cause any problems. In the past I tried well, almost everything. Often it goes 3-5 days without issues so I'm happy thinking I finally found something that's working but then everything collapses... again.

What foods are you typically eating on a day-to-day basis?

I'm mostly eating white rice, chicken, some (well tolerated) nuts, quinoa, pasta, oats and fruits (bananas, yellow kiwis, blueberries). I found that I tolerate sheep cheese well so that's a very big plus, missed the taste. My worst enemy may be myself as, as I said, I still drink coffee (2cups a day). Harder to quit than alcohol which I casually drink on weekends, I tried quitting for a month but it had no effects.

I have IBS-D, but it‘s very good under control these days and I tolerate more foods again - even beans, whole grains and so on.
Pulsed high dose thiamin therapy, supplementing zinc and getting my vitamin D up helped me a lot.
I won't say I'm jealous as I still aim for total recovery. Whole grains are tough on me but my worst triggers are excess fat, spices or lactose => huge cramping.

Kris

ok, let's face the simple fact. most members here are sick. it is not rice or potatoes. there is no an absolute diet. RP has many issues of his own, so he influences people. you need to find out what is good for you. RP is against fasting. this is crazy. Cortison and stuff? you get too much cortison, when you your body is broken. Fasting a day or two is good for everyone who is not sick. it is probably good for those who are sick as well, as long as they are not close to dying.

Last edited:

Vileplume

I'm mostly eating white rice, chicken, some (well tolerated) nuts, quinoa, pasta, oats and fruits (bananas, yellow kiwis, blueberries). I found that I tolerate sheep cheese well so that's a very big plus, missed the taste. My worst enemy may be myself as, as I said, I still drink coffee (2cups a day). Harder to quit than alcohol which I casually drink on weekends, I tried quitting for a month but it had no effects.
Hey Peating Force,

I have had a long history with IBS as well, and like you, mine started in a single meal. I was eating PB and J in my dad's car during my junior year of high school, after a year of anorexia, and I got this crazy bloating, followed by intense constipation which I'd never had before. Since then, 13 years ago, IBS has sabotaged my life, and it has improved a TON with Peating, but the key has been restrictiveness with my diet. My diet is quite restrictive, because that way, it's easier for me to identify when things cause me inflammatory reactions. I can try foods in small groups, paired with other foods that I know treat me well, and slowly expand my list of safe foods.

I would take a restrictive diet over an inflamed state any day.

Among the foods that you list, several of them irritate my GI tract and cause me inflammation. And inflammation itself is enough to cause the fatty liver, lower body temp, worse mood, brain fog. Not saying you have those things, but a single inflammatory food could really mess up everything. I also hope this message isn't exuding fear and orthorexia, because it's easy to say Wow restrictive diets are sooooo orthorexic. But if you're avoiding foods that make you inflamed, it's more of a reason-based decision than a fear-based one, and it's not orthorexic any more than a lactose intolerant person avoiding dairy is orthorexic.

Personally, rice causes me digestive irritation. Many people on here do well with it, but is causes me gas, personally, and makes my mood much foggier and worse. Nuts I avoid because they have PUFA. Quinoa, pasta, and oats, being grains, have defensive toxins inside them to prevent people from eating them. Whereas fruits want to be eaten so we can spread their seeds, grains don't want to be eaten. That's like us eating their fetuses. So, due to these defensive compounds, a lot of people get inflammatory responses to eating grains. Bananas make me super gassy, and I love kiwis and blueberries, although blueberries commonly have a lot of pesticides if they're not organic, and unripe fruit can be a real party-crasher.

If you do well on sheep cheese, have you tried an A2 milk? I find goat milk and sheep milk and A2 cow's milk to each digest very well. I also find I do great on sheep's cheese. Masa harina is a very easily digestible carb source, which I digest a lot better than rice or potatoes. Plus I find that fresh-squeezed orange juice causes me no digestive issues at all. Daily carrots are good, but you could also try some well-cooked white button mushrooms (you've probably read about them already) and eggs for nutrients. Most supplements cause me digestive irritation, but Idealabs products seem pretty chill so far.

Everyone's digestive system works differently, and the foods that irritate me and treat me well might have opposite effects for you. Just thought I'd share my experience in case it gives you any ideas for experiments.

Do you check your body temperature?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
Peating Force

Peating Force

ok, let's face the simple fact. most members here are sick. it is not rice or potatoes. there is no an absolute diet. RP has many issues of his own, so he influences people. you need to find out what is good for you. RP is against fasting. this is crazy. Cortison and stuff? you get too much cortison, when you your body is broken. Fasting a day or two is good for everyone who is not sick. it is probably good for those who are sick as well, as long as they are not close to dying.
I tried fasting. In fact, I fast everyday till noon. It eases symptoms on bad days. I can fast for 48hrs on weekend and I'm feeling great doing it but then it's hard to be strong for lifting.

I would take a restrictive diet over an inflamed state any day.
Yes, maybe I should say my farewell to my beloved morning coffee *sigh*... As it is now I have inflamed days almost half the week (sometimes more).

The thing is I wouldn't know what to eat if I cut grains. As I said I'm lifting weight and I don't know how to replace these easy carbs sources (same with coffee).
I forgot eggs but I eat them daily. Mushrooms are a clear no for me, as bad as onions.
Do you check your body temperature?
No, but now that you mention it, whenever I have an inflamed state I feel tired and weak PLUS hands are cold...
Hope this helps.
Thanks, I'll take every help I can get.

Eberhardt

Agree in general. Personallybfasting completly f**s me up. 1 day of fasting and I have swings in temperatur, dry mouth and glucose tolerance problems for up to 7 months.

K

Kayaker

Hey Peating Force,

I have had a long history with IBS as well, and like you, mine started in a single meal. I was eating PB and J in my dad's car during my junior year of high school, after a year of anorexia, and I got this crazy bloating, followed by intense constipation which I'd never had before. Since then, 13 years ago, IBS has sabotaged my life, and it has improved a TON with Peating, but the key has been restrictiveness with my diet. My diet is quite restrictive, because that way, it's easier for me to identify when things cause me inflammatory reactions. I can try foods in small groups, paired with other foods that I know treat me well, and slowly expand my list of safe foods.
Did you ever figure out the reason why you developed bowl inflammation from eating peanut butter in your dad's car?

Vileplume

Did you ever figure out the reason why you developed bowl inflammation from eating peanut butter in your dad's car?
No. And no doctor or test has ever been able to explain it, which isn't hard to believe. I'm still not sure if that incident catalyzed all the years of digestive problems that followed, BUT I think it did. The intense constipation, bloating, and inability to burp started that night, and while these symptoms have ebbed and flowed in the 13 years since, my digestion has been terrible the whole time.

Further, I don't know if that PB&J incident resulted directly from my anorexia (like a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kinda thing), or if it would have happened anyway. I think my starvation tanked my metabolism--I lost a lot of weight in a very short amount of time--which left me vulnerable to a weird stomach bug, immune reaction, or whatever acute experience happened that night.

I think for a vulnerable person, a single incident can catalyze chronic autoimmune or inflammatory symptoms, but this can give the false conclusion that the single incident caused those chronic symptoms. It's usually longstanding inflammation and metabolic problems that cause these issues, they just sometimes manifest all at once.

Jib

No. And no doctor or test has ever been able to explain it, which isn't hard to believe. I'm still not sure if that incident catalyzed all the years of digestive problems that followed, BUT I think it did. The intense constipation, bloating, and inability to burp started that night, and while these symptoms have ebbed and flowed in the 13 years since, my digestion has been terrible the whole time.

Further, I don't know if that PB&J incident resulted directly from my anorexia (like a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kinda thing), or if it would have happened anyway. I think my starvation tanked my metabolism--I lost a lot of weight in a very short amount of time--which left me vulnerable to a weird stomach bug, immune reaction, or whatever acute experience happened that night.

I think for a vulnerable person, a single incident can catalyze chronic autoimmune or inflammatory symptoms, but this can give the false conclusion that the single incident caused those chronic symptoms. It's usually longstanding inflammation and metabolic problems that cause these issues, they just sometimes manifest all at once.

Medical Medium might be super out there, but if you have an open mind, celery juice has helped my digestion more than anything else I've tried. First thing on the morning on an empty stomach, and strained through a sieve after juicing, 12 to 16 ounces. Was pretty shocked at how much my digestion improved when doing this. Acid reflux gone, even dared to have a bunch of pizza to celebrate with my friends and had zero issues.

I also have dealt with anorexia. It was many years ago, but it seemed to permanently affect my health for the worst. Major digestive issues started upon recovery, where it felt almost impossible to eat an entire small bowl of rice. Digestion was never the same since. So I do think anorexia can create a lot of problems on its own.

I got a bit cocky after the celery juice worked so well and stopped doing it. I'd like to start up again and see if I can get any other IBS remnants out of my life almost completely. Every once in a while it comes back but now it's the exception rather than the rule.

K

Kayaker

It reminds me of how some people are hypothyroid and they seem okay, but then they catch a virus, and they become chronically ill from it and develop "chronic fatigue syndrome", whereas other people heal completely. I think starving yourself made your system vulnerable to damage, and anything your body wasn't used to dealing with at the time would have caused disease. Have you tried resetting your intestine with procaine or another anesthetic?

Vileplume

Medical Medium might be super out there, but if you have an open mind, celery juice has helped my digestion more than anything else I've tried. First thing on the morning on an empty stomach, and strained through a sieve after juicing, 12 to 16 ounces. Was pretty shocked at how much my digestion improved when doing this. Acid reflux gone, even dared to have a bunch of pizza to celebrate with my friends and had zero issues.

I also have dealt with anorexia. It was many years ago, but it seemed to permanently affect my health for the worst. Major digestive issues started upon recovery, where it felt almost impossible to eat an entire small bowl of rice. Digestion was never the same since. So I do think anorexia can create a lot of problems on its own.

I got a bit cocky after the celery juice worked so well and stopped doing it. I'd like to start up again and see if I can get any other IBS remnants out of my life almost completely. Every once in a while it comes back but now it's the exception rather than the rule.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I’ve heard good things anecdotally from people I know, regarding celery juice, I just got turned off by negative evaluations from Peat. Since I have a juicer and sieve, it certainly would be worth a shot. Hopefully over the long run, we both bounce back fully from how we harmed our bodies.

Vileplume

It reminds me of how some people are hypothyroid and they seem okay, but then they catch a virus, and they become chronically ill from it and develop "chronic fatigue syndrome", whereas other people heal completely. I think starving yourself made your system vulnerable to damage, and anything your body wasn't used to dealing with at the time would have caused disease. Have you tried resetting your intestine with procaine or another anesthetic?
Yeah, I agree. It’s impossible to predict what pathogen will snake its way into your system and wreak havoc, when your cellular energy is low.

No I never have, and I don’t know anything about that method of resetting the intestine. Do you know of any good resources to learn more about that? Is procaine simile to lidocaine? Would enemas or colonics have any effect at resetting a person’s intestine?

AlaskaJono

Years ago I had digestion issues/gas bloating/eating a low sugar low starch diet for candida. I saw a Naturopathic Dr at that time and he gave me a special batch of microbes etc. . He had them made up for him, and he wasn't even packaging it yet for sale. So dirty pond scum water. It helped immensely. within a few weeks I was digesting food easily with no issues, and a month to 6 weeks later completely healed in that I got energy from food, and was not experiencing any gas or bloating, and poos normal.

Then a year later I went to India, and the program at the yoga centre I was at made every westerner do a fast (water and super light herbal tea) beginning with an salt water cleanout. Basically top to bottom cleans that does expand your belly untill you are super clean through out. There are movements to do inbetween, so I wouldnot recommend this. But also recommended was an enema every few days to purge any toxins that accumulated. Folks fasted from 3 to 11 days.

I have not done enemas for years, no need. But I have done the salt water cleanse probably once every 10 years since the 80s. I have spoken to colonic therapists in recent years and it can be a great for resetting the balance in the large instestines and bowels. Only problem is that some hard shellac material may be stuck in the rugae (intestinal folds) and not come out. And if people do not change their true behaviour, then a change in diet may not be enough.

Also of importance is to remember that the intestines and liver for example are innervated by the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. So if one is stressed (or scared) then yeah, you can "***t your pants. That is the sympathetic N.S. doing it's fight or flight thing.

True Relaxation is a 'thing', not just the absence of stress.

K

Kayaker

No I never have, and I don’t know anything about that method of resetting the intestine. Do you know of any good resources to learn more about that? Is procaine simile to lidocaine? Would enemas or colonics have any effect at resetting a person’s intestine?
I plan to try it. I believe they are similar and that procaine is the safest or most effective in the caine family and that lidocaine comes in second or third. I imagine it depends a lot on a person's response, but few people will try and be able to tell the probably subtle difference between multiple caines. As for a caine enema/colonic, it sounds pleasurable and I feel tempted to try it. It feels good to put it on lips and other bodyparts, but obviously diluted to an appropriate concentration. At least some caines are acidic as well, so one should verify how acidic it is and possibly alkalize with baking soda.

Vileplume

I plan to try it. I believe they are similar and that procaine is the safest or most effective in the caine family and that lidocaine comes in second or third. I imagine it depends a lot on a person's response, but few people will try and be able to tell the probably subtle difference between multiple caines. As for a caine enema/colonic, it sounds pleasurable and I feel tempted to try it. It feels good to put it on lips and other bodyparts, but obviously diluted to an appropriate concentration. At least some caines are acidic as well, so one should verify how acidic it is and possibly alkalize with baking soda.

Where do you find lidocaine or procaine? Do you use a topical cream?

K

Kayaker

Where do you find lidocaine or procaine? Do you use a topical cream?
Pure powder, which would be best suited for this purpose, is found on chemical sites. I previously experimented with oral gel, but I didn't drink it. The oral anesthetics have additives, whereas the powder can be mixed yourself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals