Lithium Orotate

Jing

I'm thinking of trying lithium for depression and anxiety what are peoples experiences with this? Does it effect sex drive and erections?

Frankdee20

No one have any experiences?

I tried this supplement during a stressful time in my life and severe implications for events that were unfolding.... They all come in 5 mg of elemental lithium per capsule... I did find it helpful, like you don’t think about what was bothering you.... you have to play with the dosing..... Over time, I felt drugged from it, and I stopped using it, but I can’t say for sure with conviction that I wouldn’t use it again.... obviously, doses are tricky, and what helps you might not help someone else.... I use the pure Encapsulations product but it also had NAC in it, so I don’t know how that effected me separate from Lithium....

Nokoni

No one have any experiences?
Sorry didn't see this. I use it daily 15 mg in divided doses. It definitely helps smooth out the ride. There are many videos on it. Here's one:

I haven't noticed any sexual effects. To me it's an essential mineral nutrient.

Anybody with anxiety should try allithiamine. It's a lipid soluble form of B-1 so it's much better absorbed that the water soluble versions. In higher doses it acts as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, which therefore increases tissue levels of CO2, which improves blood flow and calms the cells. I find it seriously calms me.

cdg

I tried this supplement during a stressful time in my life and severe implications for events that were unfolding.... They all come in 5 mg of elemental lithium per capsule... I did find it helpful, like you don’t think about what was bothering you.... you have to play with the dosing..... Over time, I felt drugged from it, and I stopped using it, but I can’t say for sure with conviction that I wouldn’t use it again.... obviously, doses are tricky, and what helps you might not help someone else.... I use the pure Encapsulations product but it also had NAC in it, so I don’t know how that effected me separate from Lithium....

Be very careful. It seems to affect the thyriod. I tried a very small does of 1mg and it seemed to negatively affect my thyroid significantly.

golder

Sorry didn't see this. I use it daily 15 mg in divided doses. It definitely helps smooth out the ride. There are many videos on it. Here's one:

Anybody with anxiety should try allithiamine. It's a lipid soluble form of B-1 so it's much better absorbed that the water soluble versions. In higher doses it acts as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, which therefore increases tissue levels of CO2, which improves blood flow and calms the cells. I find it seriously calms me.

Could you link to Tempe allithiamine product you use. I’m having difficulty finding it but really enjoying reading your positive experiences with it! Thanks in advance.

Nokoni

Nokoni

Be very careful. It seems to affect the thyriod. I tried a very small does of 1mg and it seemed to negatively affect my thyroid significantly.
Yeah everything has goods and bads. I don't feel I get any thyroid hit from it, but I also don't feel the concern. I have a variety of thyroid supplements from which to choose, though I'm not using any of them at the moment, so if I feel I need a bit more thyroid I just supplement it. Haidut once said that boron is anti-androgenic so he won't go near the stuff, and I felt the same thing then. The boron is extremely helpful for people with arthritis, etc., and if it has side effects that are manageable, then who cares? I take one drop of androsterone daily and feel plenty of androgenicity.

OP
J

Jing

Any negatives to your sexual function?I want to try allithiamine but it's way too expensive lol

Nokoni

Any negatives to your sexual function?I want to try allithiamine but it's way too expensive lol
As I said, I haven't noticed any sexual effects.

Vinny

I'm thinking of trying lithium for depression and anxiety what are peoples experiences with this? Does it effect sex drive and erections?
I tried it once. High doses as well. Still having unfinished bottle somewhere. It did absolutely nothing to me.

Zoiros

I’ve been experimenting with lithium for a couple months and here’s my take on it: I read that the orotate form could potentially have some negative side effects, so I opted to try lithium chloride. I take between 250-500 mcg (liquid) in the morning with OJ, and I find it to be cognitively stimulating, but not causing jitteriness. It’s especially helpful on days when I’m not able to get much sleep.

@Jing Any update on whether Lithium helped you, or did you leave it alone?
Lithium supposedly has anti-serotonergic effects

OP
J

Jing

@Jing Any update on whether Lithium helped you, or did you leave it alone?
Lithium supposedly has anti-serotonergic effects
Yh I started using 5mg and I'm pretty sure it's helping my sleep and I think it's helping my anxiety throughout the day abit . I've used up to 20mg a few times not sure if I get any additional benefits with higher dose .

Yh I started using 5mg and I'm pretty sure it's helping my sleep and I think it's helping my anxiety throughout the day abit . I've used up to 20mg a few times not sure if I get any additional benefits with higher dose .
@Jing Thanks jing, I would stick with the low dose, many times less is more, if you know what I mean.
Did you manage to pinpoint your anxiety?
Are you still listening to janus refeence your penor, lol.

OP
J

Jing

@Jing Thanks jing, I would stick with the low dose, many times less is more, if you know what I mean.
Did you manage to pinpoint your anxiety?
Are you still listening to janus refeence your penor, lol.
Just seem to be abit more confident talking to people since lithium it seems .
And kind of lol I'm still doing his exercises but I'm not sticking to a proper routine or following his diet.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
It definitely helps, even 5mg doses. As someone with bipolar disorder I can always tell when something works for quieting the mind, and when something doesn’t. Lithium has a power for turning mountains back into molehills.

golder

It definitely helps, even 5mg doses. As someone with bipolar disorder I can always tell when something works for quieting the mind, and when something doesn’t. Lithium has a power for turning mountains back into molehills.
Amazing, thanks. Which brand and dose of lithium do you take? Much appreciated!

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Amazing, thanks. Which brand and dose of lithium do you take? Much appreciated!

All I could find was the KAL brand on iHerb. I didn’t look around much, but I’m sure there would be more options around. I just used 5mg. I have another friend who has substance abuse issues (likely a mood disorder) and he also reported powerful calming and stabilizing effects on his emotions from only 5mg dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals