Lithium Experiences

GorillaHead

Anyone experience acne or hairloss on lithium orotate? I read that the hairloss is either due to you going hypothyroid or neutrophils. Which is unfortunate because since lithium Upregulates wnt activation it should be anabolic and pro hair

golder

Anyone have any quotes/references from ray specifically on Lithium Carbonate? Thanks guys!

ddjd

some quotes from the main man on Lithium:

"Chronic consumption of lithium blocks the release of adrenalin from the adrenal glands, and it also has extensive antiserotonin effects, inhibiting its release from some sites, and blocking its actions at others."

"Lithium has been demonstrated to restore the energy metabolism of mitochondria (Gulidova, 1977)."

"Therapies that have been successful in treating “schizophrenia” include penicillin, sleep therapy, hyperbaric oxygen, carbon dioxide therapy, thyroid, acetazolamide, lithium and vitamins. "

golder

Very very interesting. Thanks for these. Any ideas on what form of lithium and what dosage?

Dave Clark

Anyone experience acne or hairloss on lithium orotate? I read that the hairloss is either due to you going hypothyroid or neutrophils. Which is unfortunate because since lithium Upregulates wnt activation it should be anabolic and pro hair
For what it's worth, been using small dose lithium for years, stopped for a bit because I wasn't sure what Peat thought about it,and heard people make anti-thyroid claims about it, but heard him talk positive about it on an interview. Anyway, I have a full head of hair in my 6th decade, so I am doubting that a small dose has hairloss effects, but that is just my experience. Negative effects of a lot of nutrients may be dose dependent, especially when considering trace minerals.

GorillaHead

For what it's worth, been using small dose lithium for years, stopped for a bit because I wasn't sure what Peat thought about it,and heard people make anti-thyroid claims about it, but heard him talk positive about it on an interview. Anyway, I have a full head of hair in my 6th decade, so I am doubting that a small dose has hairloss effects, but that is just my experience. Negative effects of a lot of nutrients may be dose dependent, especially when considering trace minerals.

sounds like it helps hair. Any hairloss in the family or recession ? You feel like it helped your hair ?

also what benefits have you seen and are they lasting. Can I cycle this ?

Sorry for all the questions.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dave Clark

Hi Dave, what kind of Lithium are you using and at what dosage?
I use the orotate form, simply because it seems there are not many, if any, other forms to choose from. It is the standard 5 mg, one cap/day, and I take mine at night, not that I noticed but in case there is a calming effect. I know Peat isn't a fan of orotates, but I don't know of another form to use, Life Enhancement switched to orotates as well.

Goobz

Lithium orotate 5mg seems to reliably increase my slow wave / deep sleep, as measured by my Oura ring.

As for hair loss, I took lithium for months and didn't notice any change. But recently, after adding in higher dose boron, and DHEA / pregnenolone, I've noticed increases in my slightly receding hair line. Both boron and DHEA can increase DHT, so it makes sense to me at least.

But it's possible the lithium contributed, and had a delayed effect.

Dave Clark

sounds like it helps hair. Any hairloss in the family or recession ? You feel like it helped your hair ?

also what benefits have you seen and are they lasting. Can I cycle this ?

Sorry for all the questions.
Well, my father and brother have right/left temple receding hairlines, and so do I, but theirs is worse than mine (they do not use lithium). My father and brother use DHEA, but they do not use preg, prog, etc. which I do (I recently started using Idealab's 6-Keto Progesterone, so I am not sure what that will do to hair gain or loss). One thing I do, that my father and brother do not do, is use polysorbate 80 topically on my scalp, which emulsifies the waxy sebum that can choke out and kill the hair follicle (polysorbate 80 was in the Helsinki formula of the 80s). I really think the reason I preserved my hair all these years is because of the polysorbate 80, although there is no way to prove it without a proper study. I personally believe hormones are more the cause of hairloss than things like trace minerals, etc. I think the lithium hairloss thing may be very exaggerated, if even true at all for low dose, and maybe when you get into the pharma dosage range it could happen . On this forum is the first time I ever heard of it.

O

oldfriend

Is dissolving tablets of pharmaceutical grade lithium (carbonate) and taking small sub therapeutic doses advisable? Will the problems with excipients be alleviated?

Frankdee20

Is dissolving tablets of pharmaceutical grade lithium (carbonate) and taking small sub therapeutic doses advisable? Will the problems with excipients be alleviated?

How many MG or MCG are you seeking to try out ? If it’s relatively tiny, just use the chloride or citrate form..... That’s just too much work lol

O

oldfriend

Idk, this is free through insurance? I’ve been taking 150mg and not having the experience I expected at all. First dose was especially weird. Feel like it might be actually exacerbating my hypomania but also have a lot going on right now. Wondering if taking much smaller doses like 20mg is better, and if I can get that by dissolving in water and using a dropper for dosing.

Frankdee20

Idk, this is free through insurance? I’ve been taking 150mg and not having the experience I expected at all. First dose was especially weird. Feel like it might be actually exacerbating my hypomania but also have a lot going on right now. Wondering if taking much smaller doses like 20mg is better, and if I can get that by dissolving in water and using a dropper for dosing.

Lithium Carbonate is about 18 percent elemental Lithium

O

oldfriend

Oops, I'm dumb. So 150mg of lithium carbonate has about 27mg of elemental lithium. I'm just getting myself mixed up.

JamesGreenblattmd says "Additional testing has found that lithium can be effective when used at low-doses or supplemental levels, similar to those found naturally in water and foods. Studies are beginning to show that the benefits of pharmaceutical lithium (used at an average of 600-1200 mg daily) can be achieved with much smaller and safer doses (between 1-20 mg)."

I'm assuming he means 1-20mg of lithium carbonate there?

Frankdee20

That's interesting. I read it was close to 100% absorbable. I guess the quality of being elemental is different than absorbability

Correct and in contrast, Orotate is roughly 3-4 percent elemental

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals