Lithium Experiences

johnsmith

150 micrograms is benign, and likely equates to a maintenance dose. I do believe it’s essential at some measure.
But take note that Lithium-orotate contains 3.83% of Elemental lithium. So if the dose measurement listed is "elemental lithium", it might confuse some people for being a smaller dose then it really is.

I just did the math and I think this means I'm taking around 6mg Lithium-Orotate, which is actually a lot more then I initially thought.

Frankdee20

But take note that Lithium-orotate contains 3.83% of Elemental lithium. So if the dose measurement listed is "elemental lithium", it might confuse some people for being a smaller dose then it really is.

I just did the math and I think this means I'm taking around 6mg Lithium-Orotate, which is actually a lot more then I initially thought.

Yes that makes more sense because most preparations come in 120 mg capsules supplying 4-5 mg Lithium. Even that may be too high a daily dose, maybe a quarter capsule is best.

Frankdee20

In that case, to spare the inconvenience, just get Lithium Citrate liquid drops. Pure Encapsulations makes a product supplying 1 mg per half dropper.

REOSIRENS

Can Lithium be supplemented sporadically? Just when noticing erratic moods or episodes of mania or depression? Or must it be built up in the system?
yes...but take very low doses(biotics research lithium forte is good)

high doses It is for food poisoning and high serotonin parathyroid levels

high doses help to tackle depression but not to take forever ....Lithium reduces by utilization dhea potassium thiamine magnesium... so If you go high check this nutrients time to time

REOSIRENS

Are the side effects manageable? I’m struggling to manage erratic moods currently but I’m loathed to set my metabolic rate back even further with medication. It’s sort of a matter of finding the lesser of two evils that will allow me to live an enjoyable life.

Lithium side effects disappear quite fast after stopping ... and the side effects are nothing to worry about

REOSIRENS

I have been using Life Enhancement's Lithium (Pearson & Shaw) for several years with no problems. My wife just started lithium orotate and it puts her right to sleep and gives her a deep sleep, so far. So far. positive benefits from both. Lithium Plus | Cardiovascular | Cognitive Enhancement | High-Benefit Reduced Cost Line | Gastrointestinal | Mood/Sleep Enhancement | Life Enhancement Products
Lithium is a stimulant like progesterone thyroid T3 vitamin b12 ...so shouldn't put you to sleep ...looks like orotic acid raising prolactin

" Recently, when calcium supplements haven't produced the intended effects, calcium was blamed, disregarding the other materials present in the supplements, such as citrate, phosphate, orotate, aspartate, and lactate."
Dr Raymond Peat

Just take minerals bonded to carbonic acid and chloride

Carbonic acid is anti parathyroid and prolactin

Chloride doesn't raise prolactin and parathyroid so it is good

Dave Clark

Lithium is a stimulant like progesterone thyroid T3 vitamin b12 ...so shouldn't put you to sleep ...looks like orotic acid raising prolactin

" Recently, when calcium supplements haven't produced the intended effects, calcium was blamed, disregarding the other materials present in the supplements, such as citrate, phosphate, orotate, aspartate, and lactate."
Dr Raymond Peat

Just take minerals bonded to carbonic acid and chloride

Carbonic acid is anti parathyroid and prolactin

Chloride doesn't raise prolactin and parathyroid so it is good
If you look at other member's experience with progesterone you will see that it relaxes them, that is why almost everybody uses it before bedtime. If you search the net about low dose lithium you will see the same testimonials, people say it relaxes them, so much so that they use it at night time. There may be science that is negative to orotates, but there is also decades of positive clinical evidence of it's use. Dr. Hans Nieper is the most well known to have used and studied it, along with the aspartates and other mineral transporters. Lithium carbonate is poorly absorbed and has to be used in high doses which creates the toxicity well known to prescription lithiun. Dr. Peat doesn't like a lot of things that have shown to be helpful to people with decades of successful use, theory is one thing, clinical evidence is another.

REOSIRENS

If you look at other member's experience with progesterone you will see that it relaxes them, that is why almost everybody uses it before bedtime. If you search the net about low dose lithium you will see the same testimonials, people say it relaxes them, so much so that they use it at night time. There may be science that is negative to orotates, but there is also decades of positive clinical evidence of it's use. Dr. Hans Nieper is the most well known to have used and studied it, along with the aspartates and other mineral transporters. Lithium carbonate is poorly absorbed and has to be used in high doses which creates the toxicity well known to prescription lithiun. Dr. Peat doesn't like a lot of things that have shown to be helpful to people with decades of successful use, theory is one thing, clinical evidence is another.
Low those of lithium or progesterone they relax nerves and decrease levels of anxiety but they don't put you to sleep like a sedative...I can sleep at times with low dose of caffeine but only when my glucose levels are high so caffeine will normalize and I can sleep normally without effort ...but caffeine progesterone lithium don't knock me out and I can sleep normally as well when I take them

REOSIRENS

Lithium carbonate is poorly absorbed and has to be used in high doses which creates the toxicity well known to prescription lithiun.
It is not true ...lithium carbonate is the best lithium to treat depression ...if you believe the lies of big pharma and supplement industry(they all try to sell a "new" supplement or drug)...People have troubles with lithium carbonate because they take massive doses... Lithium carbonate will brake down into lithium and carbonic acid both are very useful to lower parathyroid(very high in depression) ... try to take low dose of lithium carbonate and you will see how good it is...

Orotic acid acts like citric acid by raising prolactin

Don't know why people always fancy for "new" more expensive (less effective than old treatments) stuff this corrupt industry brings up every year just to rip you off

REOSIRENS

Dr. Peat doesn't like a lot of things that have shown to be helpful to people with decades of successful use, theory is one thing, clinical evidence is anothe
I do believe that there are quite a lot of people saying that ssri is good... estrogen is female hormone...sugar is nasty ...sodium is bad.... Pufa isn't that bad ...saturated fats will kill you... With fraudulent clinical evidence...

the ones telling you lithium isnt useful but new drugs being patented are the ones that will save you...

Last edited:

Dave Clark

It is not true ...lithium carbonate is the best lithium to treat depression ...if you believe the lies of big pharma and supplement industry(they all try to sell a "new" supplement or drug)...People have troubles with lithium carbonate because they take massive doses... Lithium carbonate will brake down into lithium and carbonic acid both are very useful to lower parathyroid(very high in depression) ... try to take low dose of lithium carbonate and you will see how good it is...

Orotic acid acts like citric acid by raising prolactin

Don't know why people always fancy for "new" more expensive (less effective than old treatments) stuff this corrupt industry brings up every year just to rip you off
Where can someone find lithium carbonate not in prescription? I have never seen any in supplement form (I am in the US), or perhaps don't know where to look.

Frankdee20

Where can someone find lithium carbonate not in prescription? I have never seen any in supplement form (I am in the US), or perhaps don't know where to look.

Only thing I’ve ever seen in US OTC is Orotate, Citrate, Chloride.

ebs

Are there any known interactions with farmaceutical medicines, such as Mirtazapine?

I just received Lithium Orotate 5mg and wanting to give it a try to see if it makes me feel better and perhaps help with sleep.

Owen B

Isn't it necessary to reach therapeutic blood levels of Lithium in order to experience benefit? This is standard practice in medicine and I'm sure there's good reason for doing it. It's the most studied substance in psychiatry even if it is currently in competition with the newer more expensive drugs.
Call me "anti-psychiatry", I don't mind but "therapeutic blood levels"? It's science fiction.

Doctors think hormones should be prescribed at "recommended doses" as if they were typical medicines which themselves they don't even know how to dose.

Prozac was originally intended to be marketed at a 2.5 mg dose per week. They were even thinking of a 10 mg a week. But they thought the public wouldn't take a drug seriously if it was dosed so low. I forget what the "recommended dose" is now; I think it's 10 maybe 20 a day. They have no idea what they're doing.

My philosophy is the smallest dose for the shortest amt of time to get a reasonable effect.

Less is more. Maybe I'm biased because my system is traumatized and it's very hard to get anything into it. But that's my 2c.

Luk3

I bought the Good State liquid lithium to try out. It’s only 500mcg per serving, so I’m not sure if I’ll notice anything. Hoping it will improve depression and brain fog. It says on the bottle not to take on an empty stomach. Any reason for this?

magnesiumania

I do mineral drops with lithium. 40 drops/1 serving has 1mg lithium which is the ideal daily dose i believe. I used to do lithium orotate about a year ago but it seemed to inhibit thyroid function in me....

I do notice the mineral drops but they have magnesium, boron and chloride aswell and you can really know what you respond to.

A youtuber warned against lithium as it cant leave the brain and build up but this specific type guy is very hard to place.