Lisuride For Prolactinemia

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great find! I responded better to lisuride. I think changing my diet and lifestyle helped the most though since I've had my lowest prolactin readings ever since making changes based on Peat's work.

chispas

Great find! I responded better to lisuride. I think changing my diet and lifestyle helped the most though since I've had my lowest prolactin readings ever since making changes based on Peat's work.

I'm sorry if you have already shared this info before, but I was wondering what you currently eat and routines you carry out on a daily basis, particularly with regards to lowering of prolactin?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm sorry if you have already shared this info before, but I was wondering what you currently eat and routines you carry out on a daily basis, particularly with regards to lowering of prolactin?
No problem. I'm not super strict or anything and don't necessarily think what I eat will work for or appeal to everyone.
I eat a wide range of fruits and drink a lot of OJ and apple juice too . I also enjoy several servings of mostly low fat dairy products daily but occasionally I will have the full fat versions. I eat some muscle meats like beef, low fat fish or chicken breasts and just balance them out by including gelatin and eggshell calcium to balance the amino acids and phosphorus. I also usually have some starch most days like white rice or potatoes. Several times per week I will have eggs that I get from a friend who raises his own chickens (they are so fresh I have to wash the hay and poop off them) :hilarious:. I try to have shrimp every week. I find I can build a satisfying and enjoyable diet around these foods.
Occasionally I will drink Coca-Cola or Pepsi, eat potato chips made with coconut oil and even grab a bag of commercial gummy bears from the gas station in a pinch. I like making broths from oxtails, mushrooms and/or greens on my days off work. I've seriously slacked on the liver though and plan to add it back after I go to the farmer's market this weekend.
I've noticed I do best with plenty of protein >100 grams. The quote from Peat about eating foods one enjoys is the only real 'diet rule' I observe. I think it has helped me keep my prolactin in check because it's nutritious, not stressful and I get a good balance of carbs, proteins and fat to help my metabolism.
ETA: I also drink coffee daily and use as much honey, white sugar and salt as I desire.

chispas

I eat a wide range of fruits and drink a lot of OJ and apple juice too
ETA: I also drink coffee daily and use as much honey, white sugar and salt as I desire.

Cool. Thanks so much for that info.

How much is "a lot"? I mostly only have two glasses of juice a day. I also eat four to six pieces of fruit a day.

I have liverwurst instead of liver as it's more convenient and more pleasing to my tastebuds. I feel it has really made a difference.

Medjool dates seem to make me feel very good too, so I eat them a lot too.

So your lowering of prolactin is subjective? Have you done a blood test?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How much is "a lot"? I mostly only have two glasses of juice a day. I also eat four to six pieces of fruit a day.
I usually have 3 or 4 glasses of juice per day and about 2-3 whole fruits. I guess that's not really a lot for around here.
So your lowering of prolactin is subjective? Have you done a blood test?
My last prolactin blood test was ten point something last October and I wasn't taking any lisuride or bromocriptine at the time. It's not been elevated the way it used to be since I learned about Ray Peat. Sometimes I feel like it might be spiking a bit just by the way I feel but I've just gone back on a low dose of lisuride or bromocriptine for a couple months and that seems to work for me. The standard practice of endocrinologist these days in the U.S. (FWIW) is to keep people with a prolactinoma on meds for life similar to type 1 Diabetics so I'm not too concerned with taking meds intermittently if needed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks so much for your reply.
You're welcome. I checked my lab results for my prolactin from last October and it was actually 11.1 ng/ml so I was off by about one point in my previous post. IIRC according to Peat up to 12 is acceptable for females and in my case as someone with a prolactinoma I'm very pleased with that result.

tomisonbottom

You're welcome. I checked my lab results for my prolactin from last October and it was actually 11.1 ng/ml so I was off by about one point in my previous post. IIRC according to Peat up to 12 is acceptable for females and in my case as someone with a prolactinoma I'm very pleased with that result.

Do you feel a lot different after your prolactin going down?

And can I ask, what dose did you use for lisuride vs bromo?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals