Lisuride And Libido

Discussion in 'Lisuride' started by Blossom, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I was curious if any one has tried Lisuride and experienced increased libido? I started this just yesterday and already have seen improvement. I didn't expect such rapid results in this area especially since I'm only taking a half tablet which is 0.1mg. Wow what a pleasant surprise. :D

2. HDD

HDD Member

3. jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

Yes, it works well. Its one of the safer ergot derivatives.

4. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

After 10 days of 0.1mg lisuride I have noticed even more stable temps and continued enhanced libido. The libido increased immediately but did not continue to increase after the first day, it just stayed at that improved level. I haven't had any negative side effects. The two sources I know of are mexmeds4you.com and medicinesmexico.com. It goes by various names such as: lisurida, dopergin, hidrogen maleate lisuride on these sites. Hopefully that helps.

5. Raypmom

Raypmom Member

@Blossom

I recently started to experience low libido. It's very new to me & I've never experienced it except from when I was pregnant. Now strictly on a metabolic all enhancing diet and unable to have OJ & fruit juices because of a very sensitive stomache/low acid etc. Baking soda doesn't help either. I've tried many different OJ's. Not much access to tropical safe fruit. I'm mostly liver, low fat milk, pastured eggs, sugar, gelatin, coconut oil, salt, occasional grasfed beef. Want to experience with ^^^ any thoughts on how to take it or doses? Thank you! I would love to fix the issue through diet, but don't know how. :/

6. Raypmom

Raypmom Member

Wow! This product is $60 dollars. Now I really wish there is a way to fix it with diet. I've noticed a little increase on days that I workout ? Any thoughts on that...

7. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Haidut has come up with a supplement formula you could try that may work along the same lines as lisuride. He doesn't sell it but you can buy the individual supplements which are: 1500 mg tyrosine, 1500 mg phenylalanine and 5 g BCAA. I know when I've taken just the BCAA they really have a warming effect. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was out of town for a couple weeks.

8. haidut

haidut Member

Lowering serotonin does seem to be a legitimate way of raising libido for BOTH sexes, confirming Ray's views once again. There is a female libido drug, which FDA blocked:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flibanserin

You can get it from Europe, but more importantly, its mechanism of action is very similar to lisuride:

"...Flibanserin is a 5-HT1A receptor agonist and 5-HT2A receptor antagonist that had initially been investigated as an antidepressant."

Lisuride is also reported as agonist for 5-HT1 and antagonist for 5-HT2. There is consensus that the libido enhancement comes antagonism of the 5-HT2 "receptor". Other drugs that are well known antagonists of 5-HT2 are cyproheptadine and LSD. Cyproheptadine is known to improve libido in both men and women taking SSRI (i.e. people with high serotonin). It is also much cheaper than lisuride and has less s"tigma" within the traditional medical circles since it is not related to an illegal drug like LSD. Check out its Wikipedia page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyproheptadine

That being said, a number of people on this forum and Peatarian.com reported huge boost in libido from taking the BCAA combo Blossom mentioned in her post. If the supplements are clear then I think that would a preferable way to lower serotonin rather than take any drugs, even something as safe as cyproheptadine.
    Finally, dopamine agonists have also been known to increase libido. Search Google for "pramipexole libido" to learn more. I think pretty much any dopamine agonist would have some effect on libido, but again, lowering serotonin is the preferred way.
    I hope that helps.

9. Philomath

Philomath Member

Looks like those are 2mg tabs (dopergin) Are you splitting each one into tenths of a tab? or 20 at .1mg? How the heck do you do that :?

10. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

The ones I took were 0.2mg per pill.

11. Philomath

Philomath Member

That must have been a typo. I checked another site and they're pills were .2 mg.

12. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I saw it on a website once that listed it as 2 mg instead of 0.2 mg but the picture of the package looked the same so it probably was a typo.

13. Rah

Rah Member

Ho

How did Lisuride play out for you.

14. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I’ve taken it off and on for years for my prolactinoma and it works great for me. I’m currently off of it since late summer and hopefully won’t need it anymore. It can definitely raise libido so proceed with caution.