Listerine Changed My Life

mostlylurking

It can be erosive, yes. I use straight sb powder but not every day, for that reason.
You should try triphala rinse, it is very astringent and pulls out everything from every corner of your mouth. Great for digestive health as well, but you need to find a balanced dose. Taking too much can cause constipation through the same mechanism. It is particularly good at removing mucus from the GI tract, and taking too much leaves the intestine more exposed to irritants.
I've recently been using chlorine dioxide, 3000ppm solution in water, swishing for 30 seconds. I was having nerve pain one night that woke me up. It knocked out the pain very quickly. I've read/heard that it can help receded gums return to normal by keeping the bacteria knocked back. I haven't done it long enough (or frequently enough) to know yet whether it will work for that, hoping so.

BearWithMe

It is not about the money. I just want to keep it as simple as possible.
It will save you money because it is the only thing that really works without some nasty side effects.

Trust me, I have tried to avoid it, too.

Rasaari

Guys, what do you do to keep the toothbrush clean? I have thought about leaving it submerged in a glass of water with one of these diluted:
- iodine
- listerine
- MMS

What do you do norma
On one hand, I don't think reintroducing your own mouthbacteria is that bad, as after you brush you spit. On the other if you store your toothbrush in bathroom it can very well get some flying poop bacteria introduced in there...
I just looked and the uv light seems to be the cheapest and easiest option Amazon product ASIN B004ZXN3XOView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004ZXN3XO/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1ZXAPHRJ9UQIW&keywords=toothbrush+sanitizer&sprefix=toothbrush+sani%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-7&ascsubtag=ec1cc94df419452991278e827c27aa40%7Cfc182310-d6f0-474d-a893-d0027b4bbb06%7Cdtp&linkCode=g12&tag=cnet-onelink-uk-21

miquelangeles

The water flossing is for getting into the gum line where all the bacteria and pathogens like to hang out. Also I have a lot of food come out sometimes that doesn't come out with either swishing or toothbrushing. I have cavities that need to be filled. Hate the dentist!

I know, but the modern sonic brushes can do much of what water flossing does, through fluid dynamics effects.
They have a very high brush speed and they agitate the fluids in the mouth to reach into places that the brush can’t access, between teeth and below the gum line.
Sonicare 9900 for example has a speed 62,000 brush movements per minute.

Waynish

I use a Listerine bottle and make my own: methylene blue, salt, baking soda, turpentine, iodine, essential oils, xylitol, and I'm testing glycine. Shake each time before use. Cheaper and better and less acidic than Listerine.

BearWithMe

I use a Listerine bottle and make my own: methylene blue, salt, baking soda, turpentine, iodine, essential oils, xylitol, and I'm testing glycine. Shake each time before use. Cheaper and better and less acidic than Listerine.
I was thinking of doing that for the longest time.

Where are you sourcing turpentine and essential oils? Are you using food grade oils?

Waynish

I was thinking of doing that for the longest time.

Where are you sourcing turpentine and essential oils? Are you using food grade oils?
I didn't use food grade essential oils because I don't think they'd be provably better. Turp is the same as the stuff I drink from Diamond G.

rayban

On one hand, I don't think reintroducing your own mouthbacteria is that bad, as after you brush you spit. On the other if you store your toothbrush in bathroom it can very well get some flying poop bacteria introduced in there...
I just looked and the uv light seems to be the cheapest and easiest option Amazon product ASIN B004ZXN3XOView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004ZXN3XO/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1ZXAPHRJ9UQIW&keywords=toothbrush+sanitizer&sprefix=toothbrush+sani%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-7&ascsubtag=ec1cc94df419452991278e827c27aa40%7Cfc182310-d6f0-474d-a893-d0027b4bbb06%7Cdtp&linkCode=g12&tag=cnet-onelink-uk-21

I have one of these UV things. Are they safe to use? they dont emit any radiation, ozone or anything? Can you use your toothbrush right after using it with the UV? Im too lazy to use it daily.

Btw we also need a way to DRY the toothbrush. It's the most important thing. I use a kleenex to glently dry it but i've seen some devices that clean with a fan or with a thermal place as well as UV. Anyone tried these?

Btw, what toothpaste you guys use? I use Sensodyne Daily Protection. Has no SLS but has fluoride. Is there a point of using a toothpaste without flouride?

I use Listerine sometimes.

Tongue has still that white tone it, geographical tongue. Im going to the dentist soon and will ask for maybe clorhexidine.

rayban

The water flossing is for getting into the gum line where all the bacteria and pathogens like to hang out. Also I have a lot of food come out sometimes that doesn't come out with either swishing or toothbrushing. I have cavities that need to be filled. Hate the dentist!
Theres a problem with water flossing: mold. It builds up so quickly, so I ended up not using my waterpik. I haven't found a way to completely dry the thing.

rayban

Leaving to dry is the biggest thing. So if you brush morning and night use two different ones.
You can't leave the toothbrush moist all night, it has to be dry instantly otherwise mold can build up. I use a kleenex but like I said there are some devices that supposedly dry them but I haven't tested them.

BearWithMe

I didn't use food grade essential oils because I don't think they'd be provably better. Turp is the same as the stuff I drink from Diamond G.
Tank you very much! Diamond G shop looks awesome, I'm going to order some turpentine very soon.

Have you experienced any side effects from the turp?

BearWithMe

I have one of these UV things. Are they safe to use? they dont emit any radiation, ozone or anything? Can you use your toothbrush right after using it with the UV? Im too lazy to use it daily.

Btw we also need a way to DRY the toothbrush. It's the most important thing. I use a kleenex to glently dry it but i've seen some devices that clean with a fan or with a thermal place as well as UV. Anyone tried these?

Btw, what toothpaste you guys use? I use Sensodyne Daily Protection. Has no SLS but has fluoride. Is there a point of using a toothpaste without flouride?

I use Listerine sometimes.

Tongue has still that white tone it, geographical tongue. Im going to the dentist soon and will ask for maybe clorhexidine.
They are the safest way of sterilizing the toothbrush. They produce some ozone, but it is so miniscule amount you breathe like 1000000 times more ozone every time it rains. I can't smell it and I have super sensitive nose especially to ozone. You can use your toothbrush right after. It has small battery that lasts for ages, I highly doubt it would be able to produce any measurable levels of EMF with such a low power.

If you have white coating on your tongue, fix your digestion and gut first, no amount of dental products will help with that long term.

If everything goes moldy so easily, there is probably something wrong in your environment.

Also, you don't need toothpaste at all. It serves no real purpose and only adds unnecessary chemical exposure.

Waynish

Tank you very much! Diamond G shop looks awesome, I'm going to order some turpentine very soon.

Have you experienced any side effects from the turp?
Only when I didn't drink enough water. Otherwise no problems.

rayban

If you have white coating on your tongue, fix your digestion and gut first,
How? drs wouldn't investigate and try to find the root cause, they just give you products to remove it. I don't have the time to become an expert to the point I can do what drs wouldn't. That's not realistic. All I can do is randomly remove and add products on my diet. I removed milk for two weeks and it's still itchy for instance. I also added cetirizine nightly and its still itchy. The white is also there.

If everything goes moldy so easily, there is probably something wrong in your environment."

It will happen in most bathrooms if you use a waterpik and it's wet inside the product. Look at this crap:

That's why I stopped using it.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

It will happen in most bathrooms if you use a waterpik and it's wet inside the product. Look at this crap:

That's why I stopped using it.

Oh my... That's disgusting :oops:

How? drs wouldn't investigate and try to find the root cause, they just give you products to remove it. I don't have the time to become an expert to the point I can do what drs wouldn't. That's not realistic. All I can do is randomly remove and add products on my diet. I removed milk for two weeks and it's still itchy for instance. I also added cetirizine nightly and its still itchy. The white is also there.
Don't want to derail the topic, will DM you regarding this

rayban

Oh my... That's disgusting :oops:

Don't want to derail the topic, will DM you regarding this
Yeah, it has made me not want to use an irrigator ever again. Unless you take it appart and dry it from inside somehow, there is always risk of mold growing. So for a lack of a better alternative I will just use the toothbrush, and I may try to floss again but whenever I bought dental floss it's a bit crap because it can break and leave fiber between your teeth.

rayban

I know this thread is old but I have read research that says people who use anti bacterial mouthwash significantly reduce nitric oxide levels in the body because nitric oxide is formed from saliva and oral bacteria basically which is then destroyed by the mouthwash.

Because the plasma levels of nitrite are highly dependent on the amount of salivary nitrate and its reduction to nitrite, the use of an antibacterial mouthwash [27] and frequent spitting of saliva consequently decrease the plasma levels of nitrite [20].

So possibly there is a reduction in NO from the mouthwash that results in better health.
I have read the 7 pages and still don't know what mouthwas to buy. Which one would be recommended?

I have Listerine "Menthol Smooth Flavor" or at least that's how it translates in english. Contains:

Aqua
Propylene Glycol
Sorbitol
Poloxamer 407
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Eucalyptol
Benzoic Acid
Sodium Benzoate
Methyl Salicylate
Thymol
Sodium Saccharin
Sodium Fluoride
Menthol
Sucralose
Aroma
CI 42053
Sodium fluoride
(220 ppm of fluoride).

Someone mentioned there's one without fluoride. But then again, I use Sensodyne Daily Protect with 1430 pm of fluoride as toothpaste.

Is fluoride really bad or is just nonsense? It's proven to help your teeth. Then again mouthwash is another story. But when I use the toothpaste it eventually gets elsewhere anyway so im not sure.

What would be a good toothpaste + mouthwash combo for daily usage?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals