Listerine Changed My Life

achillea

A cold even to the point of pneumonia, take a tablespoon of Listerine in a small pot of water. bring it to a rolling bubble. Put a towel over your head, lean over the pot and inhale the vapor. It relieves a lot of discomfort.

Mastemah

Its an interoception drill. We use this kind of thing in Z Health. Ice in mouth for 30 secs, a warm drink like coffee, a chem stim like listerine, strong gargling, humming etc all drills that can improve function.

you can read more about sense of self in neuroscience by looking up

Bud Craig

How Do You Feel

he works at Barrow, has many vids etc on interoception, vagus nerve etc

yerrag

Growing up, it's my go-to for mosquito bites. Relieves the itch quickly. And when I had pimples, I also use it, but I don't know if it helped but the feeling it helps may help.

I stopped using it for gargling when there was word going around that it causes throat cancer. There was no internet in those days, so I don't know if it's true. I think it was the alcohol being blamed.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

I use the original Listerine in my bath water, clean the floors with it, soak my feet in it , use it as a mouthwash, use it as a toner on my skin, spray my house with it diluted in water , clean my fridge with it ..... it is one of those great products.

postman

All listerine I've ever seen have sodium flouride, which is very toxic to the thyroid.

OP
S

steel_reserve

Rinsing your mouth with listerine changed your life? How often do you do it?
Once at night.

The burning sensation wakes you up? Please explain!
I no longer feel drugged in the morning. I just get out of bed and get ready.

Glad the listerine is working for you... but you should probably get a sleep test or something because it sounds like you're in torpor/hibernation and not actually going into deep, restorative sleep
My sleep study lasted for 9 hours and I woke up 32 times. I only remembered about a third of those wakings.

The doc called it circadian rhythm and secondary narcolepsy. As soon as I got to that restorative sleep step I wake up. I immediately fall back asleep and have to go back down what looks like stair steps on the graph.

Changing to a peaty diet eliminated my sleep attacks at work but once I get home it's still a struggle to stay awake.

Now I have one less problem.

Praise God.

Last edited:

Jacob28

use the version without flouride though. It contains methyl-salicylate, menthol, eucalyptol, thymol, all nice terpenes. .. lots of ethanol. Tea tree oil doesnt need to be the deciding factor

Actually, as far as I know you can even use eucalyptol and similar substances, esp thymol, orally, but in a very low dose.
Thymol is an extremely strong antiseptic and antifungal in dose 50-100mg or up to 0.5g( but for a short time only and if your gut isn't oversensitive)
It surely irritates gut less or more though.
And interestingly, its absorption in the intestines is very low.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
All listerine I've ever seen have sodium flouride, which is very toxic to the thyroid.
I just checked my bottle of cool mint and it does not have sodium fluoride listed.

LeeLemonoil

That’s the terpenes yes, they make Listerine so effective.

And that’s why using essential oils for diy mouthwash is even better and cost efficient than listerine.
Cineol/Eukalyptol is in Eukalyptus or rosemary, thyme and oregano contain thymol and carvacrol, lemon and Orange for limonene (which listerine grotesquely Not contsims) wintergreen is pure methyl-salicylate and so forth. But some oleoresins into too or plain aspirin. It’s much cheaper in the long run than listerine, but listerine is the best of the shelf mouthwash. Only without fluoride though!!

Actually, as far as I know you can even use eucalyptol and similar substances, esp thymol, orally, but in a very low dose.
Thymol is an extremely strong antiseptic and antifungal in dose 50-100mg or up to 0.5g( but for a short time only and if your gut isn't oversensitive)
It surely irritates gut less or more though.
And interestingly, its absorption in the intestines is very low.

postman

I just checked my bottle of cool mint and it does not have sodium fluoride listed.
How peculiar. In my country even the Cool Mint has flouride listed as an ingedient, even says percentage and ppm.

KTownSatfats

Off brand mouthwash that looks exactly like Listerine and has the same ingredients (I always check) is one dollar at the dollar store. Just saying.

Lilac

I do Dr. Ellie's program, which uses Listerine. In the morning, and at other times, I feel it cleans up my mouth biome and lets me feel better and think better. But I am going to check out the ingredient list, as I want to avoid fluoride.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I do Dr. Ellie's program, which uses Listerine. In the morning, and at other times, I feel it cleans up my mouth biome and lets me feel better and think better. But I am going to check out the ingredient list, as I want to avoid fluoride.
Please let us know what you find. In the USA the Cool Mint does not list fluoride.

T

TheBeard

That's the messiest thread I've ever read, I don't understand the slightest bit.
Did OP swallow it to have "life changing" effects?
In case he just gargled with it, can he explain by what stretch of the imagination it revolutionized his sleep routine?

Mauritio

Yeah I too would find a little bit of context good.
Do you have a history of gut /mouth infection /endotoxin symptoms? Did it change your temps or skin quality?

As far as I understood he just gargles it once at night and does NOT swallow it and that's pretty much it.

Also would anyone know if its safe to put listerine In the ear for ear infection ?

Last edited:

boris

Please let us know what you find. In the USA the Cool Mint does not list fluoride.

German Listerine Cool Mint neither.
20130724_111952-530x366.jpg