Listerine Changed My Life

BearWithMe

I have read the 7 pages and still don't know what mouthwas to buy. Which one would be recommended?

I have Listerine "Menthol Smooth Flavor" or at least that's how it translates in english. Contains:

Aqua
Propylene Glycol
Sorbitol
Poloxamer 407
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Eucalyptol
Benzoic Acid
Sodium Benzoate
Methyl Salicylate
Thymol
Sodium Saccharin
Sodium Fluoride
Menthol
Sucralose
Aroma
CI 42053
Sodium fluoride
(220 ppm of fluoride).

Someone mentioned there's one without fluoride. But then again, I use Sensodyne Daily Protect with 1430 pm of fluoride as toothpaste.

Is fluoride really bad or is just nonsense? It's proven to help your teeth. Then again mouthwash is another story. But when I use the toothpaste it eventually gets elsewhere anyway so im not sure.

What would be a good toothpaste + mouthwash combo for daily usage?
Listerine Cool Mint (the dark blue emerald one, without fluoride and propylene glycol) + no toothpaste

Fluoride is neurotoxic

You get more fluoride from the mouthwash. It has less fluoride per ml, but you put waaay more of it into your mouth

Last edited:
L

LauriePartridge

I have read the 7 pages and still don't know what mouthwas to buy. Which one would be recommended?

I have Listerine "Menthol Smooth Flavor" or at least that's how it translates in english. Contains:

Aqua
Propylene Glycol
Sorbitol
Poloxamer 407
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Eucalyptol
Benzoic Acid
Sodium Benzoate
Methyl Salicylate
Thymol
Sodium Saccharin
Sodium Fluoride
Menthol
Sucralose
Aroma
CI 42053
Sodium fluoride
(220 ppm of fluoride).

Someone mentioned there's one without fluoride. But then again, I use Sensodyne Daily Protect with 1430 pm of fluoride as toothpaste.

Is fluoride really bad or is just nonsense? It's proven to help your teeth. Then again mouthwash is another story. But when I use the toothpaste it eventually gets elsewhere anyway so im not sure.

What would be a good toothpaste + mouthwash combo for daily usage?
I am still searching for a good toothpaste that doesn't seem toxic in some way. I use a toothpowder but maybe others can report what they use if they haven't already. I used to make my own with cocoa powder, magnesium, calcium carbonate, xylitol and coconut oil which I think worked pretty well except it's a bit weird brushing with cocoa.

I use the yellow Listerine which has minimal ingredients and no dye and no fluoride. I don't use fluoride as there has been ALOT of research showing it is toxic and very bad for thyroid. With that said, I thought I read on this forum, someone quoting Ray Peat saying he thought it was ok to brush with it occasionally to strengthen teeth. It might have been on the email exchange. Does anyone else know if that is accurate? I don't want to advertise false information so I would research that one if you are interested. It really surprised me to read that and I don't feel like fluoride is a good choice even minimally but maybe for some people it might be ok/not harmful. Just do your research.

My dental hygiene really improved after I stopped using fluoride and my son who does not use fluoride never gets cavities. But there are probably a lot of factors involved in maintaining healthy teeth. I believe dietary calcium is very significant but that's just from personal experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals