List Of Things That Kill Erectile Quality Or Cause ED

I've found that many guys have ideas for what creates good erections, but it's easier to make a list of what kills them.

I've found that monkeying with androsterone or too much progesterone or DHEA or pregnenolone can kill erections. I often wonder how Dr. Peat used 1 gram of pregnenolone for weeks or months at a time. Maybe this effect doesn't always happen, maybe it's just me.

I've also found that too many mushrooms seem to kill erections. Sadly.

Serotoninja

Pelvic tension, it’s very common if you sit or masturbate too much
I encourage everyone who has issues with erection quality to try squatting like this :
wide-knee-squat.jpg

My erections are much stronger now that my pelvic floor is fully relaxed

Frankdee20

I've found that many guys have ideas for what creates good erections, but it's easier to make a list of what kills them.

I've found that monkeying with androsterone or too much progesterone or DHEA or pregnenolone can kill erections. I often wonder how Dr. Peat used 1 gram of pregnenolone for weeks or months at a time. Maybe this effect doesn't always happen, maybe it's just me.

I've also found that too many mushrooms seem to kill erections. Sadly.

How much Pregnenalone are we talking about here ? I’ve noticed it has improved my sleep, and I’ve noticed night time erections. Perhaps via increased DHEA. I’m not sexually active so I can’t tell if it destroyed this capability lol

Palpatine

Pelvic tension, it’s very common if you sit or masturbate too much
I encourage everyone who has issues with erection quality to try squatting like this :
wide-knee-squat.jpg

My erections are much stronger now that my pelvic floor is fully relaxed
The longer I study this picture, to ascertain proper form, the better my erection quality seems to be.

OP
ecstatichamster
How much Pregnenalone are we talking about here ? I’ve noticed it has improved my sleep, and I’ve noticed night time erections. Perhaps via increased DHEA. I’m not sexually active so I can’t tell if it destroyed this capability lol

It is probably a result of my hormonal situation. In serum tests, my T is on the high side, estrone is high, DHT is okay, DHEA-S is on the low side of normal. I'm middle aged and on no medications and healthy.

I can take 2 milligrams of DHEA and 2 mg or maybe 5mg of pregnenolone with some improvements so that's what I take.

I take about 2-3 mg of progesterone also. 10mg or more of pregnenolone seems to put my erections in the shitter.

Wagner83

Focusing on morning wood/nightly erections (noticing them too much could be a sign of poor sleep though), I think too big of a meal right before sleep may be detrimental. Constipation is bad, rice may slow down transit time from what I've witnessed so far. Too much fiber is bad imo. Ejaculating too much, a boring life all decrease morning wood. I've read numerous times that people who increased their water intake greatly enhanced their EQ (much more constant). I'd agree on the pelvic floor thing. Sprints are great if not overdone, physical activity if overdone is a big no no.

Frankdee20

Focusing on morning wood/nightly erections (noticing them too much could be a sign of poor sleep though), I think too big of a meal right before sleep may be detrimental. Constipation is bad, rice may slow down transit time from what I've witnessed so far. Too much fiber is bad imo. Ejaculating too much, a boring life all decrease morning wood. I've read numerous times that people who increased their water intake greatly enhanced their EQ (much more constant). I'd agree on the pelvic floor thing. Sprints are great if not overdone, physical activity if overdone is a big no no.

Yeah but one could notice their morning erections due to normal cycles of sleep, and waking, every so often, whatever the intervals are, correct ? Also, personally, I’ve noticed if my sleep is poor, I get no morning erections, so it’s tough to say what is.

ddjd

Androsterone killed mine for a few days.

Serotonin will do it too

CoolTweetPete

Chronic consumption of alcohol. :cigar:

Frankdee20

Chronic consumption of alcohol. :cigar:

Alcohol definitely weakens erections, but if you’re so spiritually bankrupt, and not sexually active, does it truly matter ? The gain from alcohol (ones only support system) is greater than the loss (temporary ED)

Frankdee20

Why do you think andro kills it?

Wouldn’t the rise in dht and decrease in estrogen be beneficial for erections?

You’d think that theoretically. Unfortunately, everyone reacts differently to things though, it’s not uncommon to respond paradoxically. But yeah, I’d ask the same question

CoolTweetPete

Alcohol definitely weakens erections, but if you’re so spiritually bankrupt, and not sexually active, does it truly matter ? The gain from alcohol (ones only support system) is greater than the loss (temporary ED)

Sure, but alcohol has other detrimental health effects other than weak erections. It has definitely been the biggest impediment to my health improvements. Of course, like you, I experience positive psychological effects from it, but we may just be masking our dissatisfaction with life. Possibly a short sighted strategy, lol.

sladerunner69

Are you implying Pregnenalone deceases NO ? Enlighten me

Well perhaps pregnenlone can decrease NO because cortisol-estrogen-serotonin seem to all be catlysts of one another and NO is closely tied with serotonin I think. Iw as really referring to the other things he was talking about like mushrooms, androsterone, caffeine.

Wagner83

Androsterone killed mine for a few days.
Serotonin will do it too
andro kills it for me too.
So it's probably not that great a way to increase dht and inhibit aromatase some. It actually sounds like it has opposite effects of dht for you, like gbol said (without any explanation). There was this study that showed supplementing with dht and tanked estrogens did not lead to loss of libido nor any complaints.
Yeah but one could notice their morning erections due to normal cycles of sleep, and waking, every so often, whatever the intervals are, correct ? Also, personally, I’ve noticed if my sleep is poor, I get no morning erections, so it’s tough to say what is.
I was referring to night erections not morning wood, I think quite a few people do not notice morning wood regularly but have no issues, loss of size or fibrosis when they need to use it during the day, so not sure how morning wood alone is a reliable marker. This morning I woke a bit early and stressed from lack of food and noticed "morning wood".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals