List Of Aromatase Inhibiting Foods

LeeLemonoil

I notice you always write „the“ aromatase.
It’s a subject name. You don’t write the testosterone, the cortisol ? Reads a bit off to me

Great info as usual !

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I notice you always write „the“ aromatase.
It’s a subject name. You don’t write the testosterone, the cortisol ? Reads a bit off to me
Research papers write "the aromatase" because it's a process that converts tosterone to estrogen. It's an enzyme. The aromatase enzyme. Things that block the process blocks the aromatase (enzyme).

LeeLemonoil

I know. But we seldomly use „the“ in science -papers, don’t you think?
I’d always write: process x inhibits testosterone... even with enzymes .... so and so increases 3-alpha dehydrogenase... just mentioning, it therefore sounds somewhat off to me, no offense intended

scoobydoo

I just got a mycotoxin test back showing elevated levels of ZEA (zearalanone). Suggestions on how to lower? I know that stuff is messing me up cause its pretty estrogenic. Perhaps go completely grain free? (I do eat a fair amount of white rice, and occasionally oats)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know. But we seldomly use „the“ in science -papers, don’t you think?
I’d always write: process x inhibits testosterone... even with enzymes .... so and so increases 3-alpha dehydrogenase... just mentioning, it therefore sounds somewhat off to me, no offense intended
No offense taken. I guess it just always sounded right to me as "the aromatase" due to reading it so much that way. I find most studies to say "the", so I'm not really sure if it's grammar thing or not.
The mineral calcium processes aromatase inhibiting properties.

Possess?
Yes, thanks. Fixed.:handok:

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I just got a mycotoxin test back showing elevated levels of ZEA (zearalanone). Suggestions on how to lower? I know that stuff is messing me up cause its pretty estrogenic. Perhaps go completely grain free? (I do eat a fair amount of white rice, and occasionally oats)
Yes, most food that can be stored for a long time can gather mold. Sticking to fresh food and avoiding all potentially moldy food is a good idea.
ZEA is excreted through the urine and bile, so supporting liver function is key. Using taurine or TUDCA can help get rid of it by stimulating bile release.
Hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, is able to degrade ZEA, so boosting metabolism will help. Methylene blue, vitamin C, vitamin K2 and red light can help speed up the electron transport chain and H2O2 production. Methylene blue is also a potent anti-fungal chemical.
So, in summary, I would:
  • Eliminate all problematic food
  • Support liver function
  • Promote bile flow with taurine or TUDCA
  • Increase H2O2 production with methylene blue and red light/sunlight and other electron transport chain promotors
  • Use montmorillonite, bentonite clay or activated charcoal that will bind to it in the gut for excretion
  • Increase glutathione, as it's needed for detoxification and also because ZEA lowers its production
  • Inhibit the estrogen receptor, as ZEA activates it. Inhibitors are discussed here: 14 Ways to Decrease and Inactivate Estrogen Receptors » MenElite

scoobydoo

Yes, most food that can be stored for a long time can gather mold. Sticking to fresh food and avoiding all potentially moldy food is a good idea.
ZEA is excreted through the urine and bile, so supporting liver function is key. Using taurine or TUDCA can help get rid of it by stimulating bile release.
Hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, is able to degrade ZEA, so boosting metabolism will help. Methylene blue, vitamin C, vitamin K2 and red light can help speed up the electron transport chain and H2O2 production. Methylene blue is also a potent anti-fungal chemical.
So, in summary, I would:
  • Eliminate all problematic food
  • Support liver function
  • Promote bile flow with taurine or TUDCA
  • Increase H2O2 production with methylene blue and red light/sunlight and other electron transport chain promotors
  • Use montmorillonite, bentonite clay or activated charcoal that will bind to it in the gut for excretion
  • Increase glutathione, as it's needed for detoxification and also because ZEA lowers its production
  • Inhibit the estrogen receptor, as ZEA activates it. Inhibitors are discussed here: 14 Ways to Decrease and Inactivate Estrogen Receptors » MenElite

Thanks so much!

-Luke-

Your blog is really great, Hans. One of the best resources out there. Keep up the good work!

I wasn't aware that beef kidney is a great source of selenium (I tried Brazil Nuts for a few days a few years ago but stopped because of the PUFA). I'll see If I can get it at a local butcher. What about coconut?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your blog is really great, Hans. One of the best resources out there. Keep up the good work!

I wasn't aware that beef kidney is a great source of selenium (I tried Brazil Nuts for a few days a few years ago but stopped because of the PUFA). I'll see If I can get it at a local butcher. What about coconut?
Thanks man!
Just 100g of kidney contains 141mcg of selenium, which is a lot, but not as high as Brazil nuts. But because the selenium contains varies a lot and due to the high PUFA, I don't prefer Brazil nuts as a good source of selenium.
Coconut for selenium or as an aromatase inhibitor? It's not a good source of selenium at all and I can't find research that it inhibits the aromatase. It's definitely better than PUFAs, which can actually increase the aromatase.

-Luke-

I had in mind that coconut was a great source of selenium. But according to nutritiondata it has 10.1 mcg per 100g, so not nearly as good as kidney.

Marcine

I'm put off by the goitrogens and oxylates on your list. Thyroid disruptors to enhance aromatase seems ironic. But I think you are a goldmine of good info. Thanks!

Grapelander

#5 Wow - I'll have to try ants again. When I was a kid and visiting Maine - some ants attacked our picnic table. My uncle declared, "Pull their heads off and eat them".
So me and my brother and sisters ate a bunch of ants.
# 15 Pomegranates - they are also carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
#5 Wow - I'll have to try ants again. When I was a kid and visiting Maine - some ants attacked our picnic table. My uncle declared, "Pull their heads off and eat them".
So me and my brother and sisters ate a bunch of ants.
# 15 Pomegranates - they are also carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
Thanks for sharing the study.

David90

@Hans
I didn't know Black Ants are SO Nutritious. I Should get my Hands on them as soon as possible. I might raise some Eyebrows over here in Germany tho....:sweatsmile:

• Also have Eaten (Dark-) Chocolate Bars (70%) as well. So good, if you can get your hands on a Organic One......

• I Eat every Weekend a hole Package of Fresh White Button Mushrooms (400g Package, after cooking in the Pan, only 200-250g). I Eat it all in one Day. I Ceartainly feel the Anti-Estrogenic Effect afterwards. Even the Girl's can assure that, hehe.....:grin:

• Also Coffee is a No-Brainer. Like i said in a other Thread, 2-3 Cups Daily are Normal for me nowadays....

• I kinda chicken out on the Nicotine Gum's and Patches tho, i dont know why....

• I Eat Spinach almost Every Day. I make sure i cook it well with Kerrygold-Butter. I Find also your ''Green Broth'' Part (in another former Article from you) quite Interesting. There you said, that you can ''get Magnesium out of it by barely covering it with Water and cooking it for 10 Minutes and drink the Broth'' and so on. How Much Spinach do i have to use for this Trick exactly???

• Beef Liver is also a No-Brainer. Before my Blood Test in November 2019 i have eaten 60-80g of it EVERY Day for Three to Four Weeks beforehand....

• Same with Cheese. Like i Mentioned in the Testosterone-Optimiazation Thread, i eat almost an entire Package (125-150g) every Day. Therefore i don't eat that much, if any Meat at all tho.....

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
I didn't know Black Ants are SO Nutritious. I Should get my Hands on them as soon as possible. I might raise some Eyebrows over here in Germany tho....:sweatsmile:

• Also have Eaten (Dark-) Chocolate Bars (70%) as well. So good, if you can get your hands on a Organic One......

• I Eat every Weekend a hole Package of Fresh White Button Mushrooms (400g Package, after cooking in the Pan, only 200-250g). I Eat it all in one Day. I Ceartainly feel the Anti-Estrogenic Effect afterwards. Even the Girl's can assure that, hehe.....:grin:

• Also Coffee is a No-Brainer. Like i said in a other Thread, 2-3 Cups Daily are Normal for me nowadays....

• I kinda chicken out on the Nicotine Gum's and Patches tho, i dont know why....

• I Eat Spinach almost Every Day. I make sure i cook it well with Kerrygold-Butter. I Find also your ''Green Broth'' Part (in another former Article from you) quite Interesting. There you said, that you can ''get Magnesium out of it by barely covering it with Water and cooking it for 10 Minutes and drink the Broth'' and so on. How Much Spinach do i have to use for this Trick exactly???

• Beef Liver is also a No-Brainer. Before my Blood Test in November 2019 i have eaten 60-80g of it EVERY Day for Three to Four Weeks beforehand....

• Same with Cheese. Like i Mentioned in the Testosterone-Optimiazation Thread, i eat almost an entire Package (125-150g) every Day. Therefore i don't eat that much, if any Meat at all tho.....
Seems like you got your diet sorted. :D
For the spinach broth, I'd use 100-200g chopped. Then top with water, boil, cool and drink. You can use more ofc, but that's just what I do.

David90

Seems like you got your diet sorted. :D
For the spinach broth, I'd use 100-200g chopped. Then top with water, boil, cool and drink. You can use more ofc, but that's just what I do.
Sure. I have my Diet Quite Sorted.....
But i do a 80/20 Approach. 80% Whole Nutritious Foods. And the Other 20% i Eat or Drink what i want (Ice Cream, Chocolate, Vodka, Whiskey and so forth).
Seems to Work for me tho....

Thanks for the Info and Help. I try it out as soon as Possible ....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals