Liquid Supplement Drop Size

shepherdgirl

Hello, hoping maybe someone with pharmacy/chem background might have some insight into this problem. I am in the process of ordering vits. K2 and A and am trying to reconcile their respective drops per mL.
My liquid vit A contains retinol as palmitate, water and glycerin. A 0.6 imperial fluid oz container has 340 drops (600 drops/28 mL = 21 drops/mL).
My liquid vit K2 contains menatetrenone in MCT oil and mixed tocopherols. A 1 US fluid oz container has 1200 drops (1200 drops/30mL = 40 drops/mL).
Wikipedia "Drop(unit)" says drop volume can depend on many factors - relevant to this discussion it can depend on the dropper and the fluid's density and surface tension. Without knowing the actual values, I would expect the water/gly medium to have a larger surface tension and density than the oil medium, which would mean that the vit A drop volume would be smaller than the K2 drop volume. Also, to my eye, the vit A dropper opening seems slightly smaller than the K2 dropper opening. However, drop volume of the A is nearly twice that of the K2. Could anyone explain why this is so? Maybe I made a mistake somewhere? I am concerned that one of these numbers could be incorrect and that the dosing info could be wrong. Thanks in advance for any advice/comments!