southcesar

I live in a hot and humid climate and I feel a strong urge to drink fluids throughout the day. Since I started peating (I have been consuming a lot more salt than before), I started to feel less desire to drink liquids throughout the day, I stopped drinking pure water, nowadays I only drink water with a pinch of salt, juice or milk. I drink coffee for breakfast and after lunch, but drinking coffee throughout the hot day is torture. What other liquids are acceptable? Are chamomile, black tea, yerba mate, guarana good options? I know that some teas have a lot of fluoride and can end up being estrogenic, which options are not?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I live in a hot and humid climate and I feel a strong urge to drink fluids throughout the day. Since I started peating (I have been consuming a lot more salt than before), I started to feel less desire to drink liquids throughout the day, I stopped drinking pure water, nowadays I only drink water with a pinch of salt, juice or milk. I drink coffee for breakfast and after lunch, but drinking coffee throughout the hot day is torture. What other liquids are acceptable? Are chamomile, black tea, yerba mate, guarana good options? I know that some teas have a lot of fluoride and can end up being estrogenic, which options are not?
Why not drink a lot of fruit juice? It's superior to water for hydration. Or are you specifically looking for a coffee alternative?

OP
S

southcesar

Do you have access to fresh coconuts? That's my favourite.
Sometimes I have, they are also one of my favorites! I have more access to industrialized coconut water, some brands have fewer ingredients so I end up preferring them.

OP
S

southcesar

Why not drink a lot of fruit juice? It's superior to water for hydration. Or are you specifically looking for a coffee alternative?
I don't always have access to fruit juice and I don't always have a real desire to drink orange juice, for example. The real need is for something very hydrating because I end up sweating a lot throughout the day. And anything that also has caffeine will have additional benefits for what is believed in this forum, so it would be an "extra".

OP
S

southcesar

Yerba Mate
I went looking for the amount of fluoride in mate tea and I found something very interesting:

The Fluoride Content of Yerba Mate Depending on the Country of Origin and the Conditions of the Infusion

"The amount of fluoride released into the water differed statistically significantly depending on the country of origin. The most fluoride was determined in the infusions of yerba mate from Argentina (cold and hot infusion 1) and the least in infusions from Paraguay (hot infusions 1 , 2, and 3) and Brazil (cold infusion) (Fig. 2)"

The Brazilian mate tea had less fluoride compared to the others, because it was prepared in ice water?

Attachments

• 12011_2015_302_Fig2_HTML.jpg
    12011_2015_302_Fig2_HTML.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 12

dukesbobby777

I don't always have access to fruit juice and I don't always have a real desire to drink orange juice, for example. The real need is for something very hydrating because I end up sweating a lot throughout the day. And anything that also has caffeine will have additional benefits for what is believed in this forum, so it would be an "extra".

The caffeine will need fuel as well though. Water won’t fuel it. I guess it depends on where your carbs are coming from.

OP
S

southcesar

The caffeine will need fuel as well though. Water won’t fuel it. I guess it depends on where your carbs are coming from.
Adding sugar or honey to tea / coffee that would be enough to avoid stress hormones? Or is there a limit to what you can take each day without increasing stress, etc.? Is there any detail I'm missing? :lol::crazy:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Will you be able to make your own?

OP
S

southcesar

Will you be able to make your own?
Yes, sometimes I make tea at night and leave it in the fridge, in the morning I just put it in a bottle and I add sugar and sometimes a few slices of lime.

dukesbobby777

Adding sugar or honey to tea / coffee that would be enough to avoid stress hormones? Or is there a limit to what you can take each day without increasing stress, etc.? Is there any detail I'm missing? :lol::crazy:

Sugar/honey should do the job to quash the adrenalin spike which might occur otherwise.