LIPOSUCTION OF LOVE HANDLES FOR A MALE

andrei

Hey guys! I'd like to ask your educated opinions.

I am a guy, 24 y.o., quite lean and muscular. I have love handles though. Nothing too bad, but I just cannot get rid of them. It's the only fat I have on my body. The rest is really lean.

Just for aesthetic purposes, I'd love to get rid of these love handles. I've been a competitive athlete all my life, and I always had some fat there. I've been doing Peat guidelines for over a year, and I managed to get lean without effort, without counting calories. Avoiding pufa and starch pretty much did that for me. I guess the milk helped a bit too.

Nonetheless, my love handles have reduced but not eliminated. I am almost certain that some fat will stay there forever. What would it mean to get a liposuction? What consequences can there be?

DuggaDugga

Even the wikipedia page says that there is considerable risk of complications and the fat generally returns, and tends to return to the abdominal area, which is ominous.
Liposuction - Wikipedia

But let's take a moment and consider what's going on. It's surgery. You're making incisions in your body, and your body will respond by producing stress hormones. In one study of men undergoing prostatectomy they found increases in ACTH, prolactin, and TSH, along with decreases in T3. So a massive spike in stress hormones and decrease in efficient metabolism.
Increased levels of ACTH intraoperative in both anesthesia techniques applied, with a slightly larger increase in the value of the respondents with technique of general anesthesia. The values of ACTH after 24 hours showed a return to preoperative values in case of both techniques of anesthesia. Increased levels of PRL intraoperative in both anesthesia techniques applied, with larger peak values registered in patients under technique of general anesthesia (3554microIJ/L). High levels of PRL are maintained and postoperatively after 24 hours with both techniques applied anesthesia. Increased intraoperative levels of TSH in both anesthetic techniques, with higher maximum values in patients with technique of general anesthesia (7.20 mU/L). The values of TSH postoperatively after 24 hours showed a return to baseline in case of both applied technique of anesthesia. Low intraoperative values of T3 in both anesthetic techniques. Lower values of T3 are still continuing after 24 hours postoperatively in both applied techniques of anesthesia. The values of T4 hormone in subjects under general anesthesia did not show major deviations intraoperatively or postoperatively.
Effect of anesthesia on the changes in the hormones levels during and after transvesical prostatectomy. - PubMed - NCBI

In this study they found increases in growth hormone and decreased ability to use glucose.
This study was designed to clarify the details of any changes in serum growth hormone levels occurring in surgical patients. Intravenous glucose tolerance tests were performed upon three groups of six patients each, Group I, minor surgery (inguinal herniorrhaphy), Group II, moderate surgery (vagotomy and pyloroplasty), and Group III, major surgery (aortofemoral bypass). Plasma glucose and serum growth hormone levels were measured. Depression of glucose utilization occurred together with elevations of fasting growth hormone levels and increased growth hormone responses to intravenous glucose. It is suggested that the increased serum growth hormone levels are a response to the glucose intolerance caused by operation, modifying the pituitary growth hormone release.
The effect of surgical operation on growth hormone levels in plasma. - PubMed - NCBI

So, the procedure, like any other invasive procedure, is going to be massively stressful and remove you from thyroid-driven, healthy metabolism, which is really what you're after if you want to metabolize fat safely (inside the muscle, adipose, and liver, rather than release into circulation). I couldn't find any studies that looked at estrogen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't elevated for sometime.

OP
A

andrei

Thank u..yeah, i might be exagerrating going so far..i wanted to hear some outside opinions..thank u again

DuggaDugga

Thank u..yeah, i might be exagerrating going so far..i wanted to hear some outside opinions..thank u again

My pleasure. You might enjoy this podcast by Danny Roddy and haidut of this forum: