Liposomal Glutathione Vs. L-Glutathion Vs. NAC Or Denaturated Whey-product

repeat

Has anybody any experience with these kind of products?

Is liposomal really that much better, or is it a matter of individual need?

Seems like the reduced glutathione bottles are really popular, and get good reviews, so one wonder if liposomal really is necessary.

OP
R

repeat

Anyone?

Hm, also I think it should be NON-denaturated whey.

ejalrp

Does anyone have an educated opinion on the safety and efficacy (for general health and longevity) of liposomal C-60?

Pointless

I wouldn't say an educated opinion, but the rat longevity study was quite impressive. There also seems to be an impressive array of metabolic benefits claimed anecdotally. I'm surprised this supplement isn't discussed more here. Most of the studies are done on water soluble fullerene analogs, and those are quite toxic. There needs to be more research to say anything for sure, I think, but I haven't been following it too much in the past few years.

Tarmander

I am waiting for more research. It definitely has one of those resveratol rings where everyone goes crazy thinking its amazing. Hey we discovered this new type of amazing carbon...oh and it makes you live to 150! We will see in the years ahead.

nograde

Does anyone have an educated opinion on the safety and efficacy (for general health and longevity) of liposomal C-60?

Peat would probably scoff at C60 as a cumbersome and probably dangerous compound that acts as electron acceptor. Instead just use safer alternatives like methylene blue, natural quinones (Vit. K, emodin) or even some more exotic "Koch" substances.

Last edited:

ejalrp

Peat would probably scoff at C60 as a cumbersome and probably dangerous compound that acts as electron acceptor. Instead just use safer alternatives like methylene blue, natural quinones (Vit. K, emodin) or even some more exotic "Koch" substances.

I'm sure he would, but it doesn't mean he's right and I would hope he studies the literature before rejecting it.

nograde

I'm sure he would, but it doesn't mean he's right and I would hope he studies the literature before rejecting it.

Hmm, I didn't mean that he would reject it. I think he would quickly identify the electron acceptor properties as the most likely "mechanism of action". But why would someone in his right mind ingest artificial and possibly dangerous "nano carbon balls" if the same effect can be achieved with much safer compounds, known for decades exactly for these properties? But hey, nothing against our lab-rats over at longecity ;-)

Last edited:

ejalrp

Hmm, I meant that he would quickly identify the electron acceptor properties as the most likely "mechanism of action". Why would someone in his right mind ingest artificial and possibly dangerous "nano carbon balls" if the same effect can be achieved with much safer compounds, known for decades exactly for these properties? But hey, nothing against our lab-rats over at longecity ;-)

Point taken, but there are very few compounds that have shown the life extension results that C-60 has in limited small studies of rats so although I fully understand and agree with your point, I'm also sympathetic to someone that might experiment with it (while perhaps choosing time-tested supplements as their primary protocol). That's why I asked the original question.

kiran

I believe C-60 switches you over to fat burning mode, and Peat believes that sugar burning is superior. Thats probably the main drawback.

nograde

Point taken, but there are very few compounds that have shown the life extension results that C-60 has in limited small studies of rats so although I fully understand and agree with your point, I'm also sympathetic to someone that might experiment with it (while perhaps choosing time-tested supplements as their primary protocol). That's why I asked the original question.

You seem to assume that all known compounds have already been thoroughly investigated for their life extending properties. Heh, by accident they "found out" that just ingesting activated charcoal gives you the same life extension as your fancy carbon balls. I mean "charcoal"!! How profane can it get? :-D

ejalrp

I believe C-60 switches you over to fat burning mode, and Peat believes that sugar burning is superior. Thats probably the main drawback.
This is not meant as criticism at all, it's just a question, but if well-designed trials in humans looked VERY promising and implied terrific life extension potential, would you not consider it because Peat frowns upon it for the above reason?

kiran

This is not meant as criticism at all, it's just a question, but if well-designed trials in humans looked VERY promising and implied terrific life extension potential, would you not consider it because Peat frowns upon it for the above reason?

Well I've done my share of experimentation. We're nowhere near human trials yet. Besides it would take a long time to get results from such trials because humans are really long lived.

I'm not keen on being on the bleeding edge anymore.

ejalrp

[QUOTE="kiran, post: 165763, We're nowhere near human trials yet. Besides it would take a long time to get results from such trials because humans are really long lived.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised if an increasing amount of these human "trials" are organized and carried out by volunteers working outside of the FDA regulated framework. With social media, websites like longecity and (hopefully) a boom in personal medical monitoring technology someone in their 60s or 70s may feel that experimentation is their only hope of a significant improvement in health and/or longevity. Many folks on this board are already taking some unusual compounds from Idea Labs and although nothing formal has been organized, I can see it happening down the road and am looking forward to it.

Laurence

I have been taking C60 dissolved in olive oil for around 4 years. 1 tablespoon per week of 600mg/L solution. 3 months on, 1 month off. 45 year old male, no existing health issues. Nothing unusual in blood tests apart from ongoing genetic issues - apoe 3/4 etc.

Noticeable increase in aerobic fitness whilst taking it. Increased resistance to sun burn. Can tolerate alcohol occasionally with negligible side effects. Generally feel better, sleep better whilst taking it.

I do agree that there are so many unknowns regarding this that I am potentially doing harm. We'll know more in 10-20 years. I have evaluated the current research on C60 and so far have seen nothing alarming. If you do decide to research this keep in mind that nC60 - aggregate, undissolved, is toxic and many studies show this. Longecity.org is the main source of info for those experimenting with this.

Waynish

I'm interested in seeing the list of claimed substances/nutrients that benefit from so-called "liposomal delivery" mechanisms.

DHT

i took every1 of the mentionedproduct you listed above it detoxed very well and fast maybe too fast which became a burden for my kidneys

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals