Lipofuscin Amongst Chinese In China - Need Studies

bk_

Hi all, this is all subjective I’d love to find studies to validate or disprove my observations but here goes...

I’ve done a lot of world travelling and travelled to China 5x already. One of my subjective observations of Chinese in China vs other people groups is the extreme prevalence of lipofuscin (liver spots) that I see on the faces of just about every adult from 30s onwards. You may not see it in some women due to make up and concealer but it’s almost without exception.

In contrast I saw very little lipofuscin in parts of the Middle East where the sun beats down on people and they are often tanned or sunburned. These people typically ate red meats and cooked with butter, ghee, or tallow though now they’ve switched to cheaper vegetables oils in part to globalism. I’ve now see a surge in degenerative diseases are on the rise amongst adults.

Prof Fed Kumerrow also has a great complexion at age 100+ having avoided PUFAs and fried foods.

I can’t help but attribute the lipofuscin in Chinese to excessive intake of PUFA. They liberally use seed and vegetable oil and fry their food in it. Their food is really greasy you can’t avoid the PUFA, for hot pot they literally dip their food in sesame seed oil before consuming. To top it off they consume a lot of fish, pork, and chicken meats.

Are there any studies on the prevalence of PUFA related degenerative diseases amongst Chinese? How about lipofuscin as well? When I inquire about their seed oil consumption they seem to also have bought in to the health claims of PUFA oils being good for heart health. They also say that they don’t have a prevalence for allergies, eczema, and other ailments that westerners have, any studies on this?

I’m also curious how other Asian groups fare such as Filipinos who I assume coconut oils almost exclusively. I have never been to the Philippines so I can’t compare though Filipinos I’ve met have much better complexion in spite of their sun exposure.

tallglass13

Filipino's use lots of canola and veg oils because they eat out , order out, and cook in abundance and don't follow old traditions d/t not being informed. I work in the medial field with lots of Filipinos and their health is the epitome of what happens when you eat pork and PUFA. Diabetes, stroke , dialysis. Chinese and Korean , pretty much the same. Lipofuscin on the face and wrinkly too, is often seen. I speak with a lot of people, and they just don't make the connection , and don't realize that its the oil and the type of oil used.

Nokoni

Very interesting about "liver spots" among Chinese. As for Filipinos, it does seem that degenerative disease is common. One Filipino lady I know, however, grew up poor in a remote province where they made their own coconut oil. Her health seems very good. Maybe corn oil, being from America, which has or at least had significant cache in the Philippines, such as with Spam, has caused them to shift over to PUFA oil in the better off areas, as well as here in America.

Richiebogie

Apparently age spots are known as solar lentigo.

The pufa and iron in the skin on the face or hands may cook or go rancid in the sunlight.

It is interesting that a lot occurs below the eyes.

Perhaps a low fat diet will reverse it.

OP
B

bk_

Chinese have it extremely bad when it comes to PUFA, the effects are literally visible all over their faces.

They sell 5L bottles of PUFA oil for 120 rmb and they literally use it to make dipping sauces to dip their food in. They also consume a lot of pork/chicken fat. I haven't seen a single home or restaurant cook with saturated fats.

I imagine if it wasn’t for their high carbs from eating rice (to mitigate cells from burning PUFAs) their health would be even worse.

lvysaur

I've definitely noticed it, and my immediate guess would be that they consume a lot more seafood, comparatively. I developed liver spots in my early 20s (not Asian) when I took fish oil. The seed oils could contribute too.

Westerners as a group are not a fish-eating population.

OP
B

bk_

Here are examples of the amount of vegetable oil used in chinese food, it’s unreal. Notice in the second picture how every dish is literally soaked in vegetable oil. It still astonishes me just how much lipofuscin I see on the faces of older adults in China, I can’t help but link this to extreme PUFA intake but I need studies.

Attachments

• 2B016715-06B7-4373-9EEC-6F5AD7B8E8A3.jpeg
    2B016715-06B7-4373-9EEC-6F5AD7B8E8A3.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 7BADAE0C-6CB0-43FB-8706-D77DD258801D.jpeg
    7BADAE0C-6CB0-43FB-8706-D77DD258801D.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

PandaPower

Typical Chinese breakfast is soy milk , fried bread sticks in seed oils.. Both kill

but prevalence of vegetable oil is outcome of pursuit of American diet standard. Before the plague hit China, our people mostly used lard as cooking oil... fallacy of unsaturated fat health

Typical Chinese breakfast is soy milk , fried bread sticks in seed oils.. Both kill
Lol. I recall reading that a a few years ago when I searched for something like "breakfast in different countries". Even back then, I thought something didn't feel right about that. Soy in itself already has a lot of PUFA and lectins, so good luck to the intestine of somebody who ate that. I guess that's the funtion of gluten in this meal: to numb the person through its opiod-like actions so that they won't notice how shitty they will feel afterwards. And no micronutrients either, just a bunch of PUFA with some poorly cooked starch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals