Lipedema Aka Lipoedema On Legs

Birdie

I agree with @tara . In fact, the first few times I tried niacinamide without adequate simple carbohydrates, I felt extremely anxious and had the jitters as well. Accompanying it with some honey got rid of all that and I felt almost an immediate improvement in body tone.
Yes, that's right. That's how it works.
Apparently, if you're too high estrogen or something, taking food (carbs) doesn't curb the thing.

That's why I mentioned my response.
As I've said somewhere, 75mg niacin amide, with food is the most I tolerate.

This fits in with the edema, so makes it of interest here.

tara

As I've said somewhere, 75mg niacin amide, with food is the most I tolerate.
50-75mg at a dose may well be enough to get a lot of the benefit anyway.
I don't take more than 100mg at a time.

Birdie

Don't know if you're still here @Greenie, but I have an update on my niacinamide dose.
Yesterday and today I tried taking my 250 mg capsule in the late afternoon with sugar, starch and cheese.
No bad reaction.

Hope this will contribute to a good estrogen lowering and anti-inflammatory effect.

Here is that Peat article on edema:
When energy fails: Edema, heart failure, hypertension, sarcopenia, etc.

OP
G

Greenie

Don't know if you're still here @Greenie, but I have an update on my niacinamide dose.
Yesterday and today I tried taking my 250 mg capsule in the late afternoon with sugar, starch and cheese.
No bad reaction.

Hope this will contribute to a good estrogen lowering and anti-inflammatory effect.

Here is that Peat article on edema:
When energy fails: Edema, heart failure, hypertension, sarcopenia, etc.

Yes hi! I'm still here. Paying attention to this thread daily :). I had success with 2 small pinches of niacinimide with meals today. No bad reactions. Edema is still pretty bad though. It had cleared up some (the excess edema that accompanies the already fatty tissue) after a month of topical Mitolipn but then returned with my latest period and has yet to go back down in the past 11 days, even with the continuation of mitolipin. It's strange how some months, my edema is worse than others. It's gone down before for brief periods of time. Haven't put my finger on what triggers it to swell again

Birdie

Pretty interesting reports on various edema remedies at Earthclinic.

This morning I measured my ankles and the fattest part of my calves.
Less edema then, but by now, it's looking more "muscular" as things puff up.

In my searches I see 500mg of niacin amide 3X a day getting good results.
That's a lot.

My calves broke out in a rash at the front yesterday. I read that it's from the dmso drying out the skin.
So, skipped dams yesterday. Spellcheck I'm ignoring from now on.
Am using it just on knees for now.

Birdie

@Greenie I am trying MSM lotion on legs. Also have capsules on order.

Plan to take 1000mg MSM in the morning to start. And continue the lotion for a month or 6 weeks trial. And continue to use niacin amide as tolerated.

Hope you figure out why yours comes and goes.

OP
G

Greenie

More taurine seems to help reduce my edema some. But not always. Right now, I'm dealing with some constipation.. Ugh

Msm lotion, I'll have to check that out @Birdie

Birdie

I am back to having rapid heartbeat with niacinamide @Greenie. Can't imagine ever tolerating the 500mg three times a day that was recommended for edema....

Am also taking a 1000mg capsule of MSM with food.

tara

Am also taking a 1000mg capsule of MSM with food.
IIUC, MSM and DMSO can both make some other supplements much more effective, so that one may need less to get positive benefits, but also less before hitting unwanted side-effects?

OP
G

Greenie

checking in everyone.
I've decided to go forward with WAL liposuction. 2 surgeries are scheduled in 12 days. They'll do my lower legs and arms (found fibrotic fatty tissue there too) on the first surgery and upper legs on the second surgery. I decided to go ahead and do it now before it progresses into stage 2 lipedema. My skin quality is still pretty good while still in stage 1, so i'll have the best recovery the sooner we do it.

I wonder if just continuing with my regimen would've kept it stalled but honestly things seemed to be reversing since the spring, with increased edema and bulk in those areas. So, here i go. Will be researching the best ways to recover from liposuction- I'm sure Taurine and progesterone are on the list :)

Leonora

Thank you very much for starting this post. I suffer from the same. I'm a size small from my waist up and an XL from my waist down. Runs on both sides of my family and I've been this way since elementary school. I've eaten minuscule amounts for 1/2 of my life, exercised and still horrifically grotesque on my lower body. I am hoping this forum may help. I am desperate. Any and all recommendations welcome.

Birdie

checking in everyone.
I've decided to go forward with WAL liposuction. 2 surgeries are scheduled in 12 days. They'll do my lower legs and arms (found fibrotic fatty tissue there too) on the first surgery and upper legs on the second surgery. I decided to go ahead and do it now before it progresses into stage 2 lipedema. My skin quality is still pretty good while still in stage 1, so i'll have the best recovery the sooner we do it.

I wonder if just continuing with my regimen would've kept it stalled but honestly things seemed to be reversing since the spring, with increased edema and bulk in those areas. So, here i go. Will be researching the best ways to recover from liposuction- I'm sure Taurine and progesterone are on the list :)
I wonder how the liposuction went. I remember that somebody on the old Facebook group asked Ray about it. He said something about the fat removal part could be a good thing. The woman who did it was happy with her results...

tara

Any and all recommendations welcome.
I'm sorry you are struggling with this.
I have no expertise to offer about what may change the shape of your body.
My recommendation is that whatever else you decide to do or try, and whatever messages you may get from the rest of the world, that you honour your self and your own body with respect and love now and in the future. :) I'm sure you and your legs are beautiful now too.
If you have been starving yourself, it seems it has not had the effect you hoped for, and it may be doing you harm.

LeeLemonoil

Why are only women affected by such a condition?
Deciphering the cause(s) of this peculiar pathology free up so much knowledge about the crosstalk of genetics, epigenetics, energy-metabolism and hormones

Mauritio

Why are only women affected by such a condition?
Deciphering the cause(s) of this peculiar pathology free up so much knowledge about the crosstalk of genetics, epigenetics, energy-metabolism and hormones
Men are affected very rarely by it. Those that are, unsurprisingly have low T and high E.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals