Lions Mane Experience

Melba

I have been reading a lot about Lions mane mushroom being beneficial for brain by
  • Improved cognitive function

• Nerve regeneration, remyelination, and increased Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)

• Improved digestive function and relief from gastritis

• Immunosupportive, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant

• Anticoagulant; mild ACE inhibitor; improved lipid profile

• Has anyone had experience with Lions mane ?

tanneron

Several years ago we gave it to our son who had a profound brain injury. Lions Mane was able to completely stop a specific seizure type for 5 weeks, but then it became ineffective. Last year we tried it again for about 10 days and it actually led to a lower seizure threshold resulting in seizures. When we stopped the Lions Mane there were no more seizures of that type. It must be powerful if it can both stop and trigger seizure activity.

OP
M

Melba

Since starting this thread and further research into Lions Mane and having experimented with it I have come to the conclusion that lions mane can enhance both the positive and negative in the brain.
After only a few days on lions mane I was in a difficult situation (social) and my reaction to that situation can only be described as out of character so much so it scared me and everyone else.
The only difference in my life was lions mane, I'm now putting it in the bin.

Dave Clark

Thanks for the feedback on lion's mane, I was recently considering adding it to my medicinal mushroom regimen. I think I might put that on hold for now.

Fon

I tried Lions Mane recently after reading a post by Tim Ferris, he raved about it. (Light bulbs turning on in his head etc.) My experience was much less noticable, but since running out of it, The synapses dont seem to be firing as well. I miss it and will be getting another bottle on payday. Will keep u posted. U mentioned an incident. I take it u lost your temper? Lost c9ntrol? What happened?

magnesiumania

Ive been using Lions Mane for many years occasionally. Latly ive been through some nerve degeneration and try to rebuild myelin etc...I notice electronic music sound more raspy and fresh...actually i use electronic music as a diagnostic tool for my neuronal health... =)

Just remember only the alchohol extract support NGF....while the capsules etc is good for immunomodulation.

Diogo

In this study if referers to Lion Mane´s ability to increase Mithocondria Membrane Potential, ATP, reduce NOS and protection against gloutamate.

The brain feeling it gives me, for some reason, resembles the nootropic effects of Thiamine Hcl. Perhaps because of the enhanced MEK/ERK and PI3K-Akt pathways signaling.

Also, there was a sensation of lesser exausthion from short bursts of physical exercise and a greater integrity between thoughts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals