Lion's Mane 5ar Inhibition

Hitchens

I became a big fan of Lion's Mane mushroom after listening to the joe rogan paul stamets podcast and trying host defense's product. I am a little bit concerned about the 5ar inhibition however, I recall trying finasteride and commenting on how even adderal could not overcome the brain fog while I was at university. I found high doses of curcumin can have a similar effect, most noticeably on vision before fogginess. I have been on lions mane for a month and so far my libido and brain are working well, is this issue more complicated than meets the eye? I have read k2 can cause 5ar inhibition as well, Ive been on idea labs kuinone for 2 years :/

bk_

Mushrooms in general are mild 5ar inhibitors. There are a number of foods that act as mild 5ar inhibitors in your diet that you probably arent even aware of like tomatoes and certain grains.

I wouldnt worry about mushrooms or other foods as finesteride and other drugs are extremely powerful in comparison (even in sub-mg amounts). As far as i know from anecdotes on the Post finasteride forums, the only foods and supplements that have caused PFS symptoms are Saw Palmetto and Licorice root. Other than that no evidence of mushrooms, tomatoes, brown rice, or any other foods causing the dreaded PFS.

OP
Hitchens

Hitchens

Mushrooms in general are mild 5ar inhibitors. There are a number of foods that act as mild 5ar inhibitors in your diet that you probably arent even aware of like tomatoes and certain grains.

I wouldnt worry about mushrooms or other foods as finesteride and other drugs are extremely powerful in comparison (even in sub-mg amounts). As far as i know from anecdotes on the Post finasteride forums, the only foods and supplements that have caused PFS symptoms are Saw Palmetto and Licorice root. Other than that no evidence of mushrooms, tomatoes, brown rice, or any other foods causing the dreaded PFS.
I believe Lion's mane decreases 5ar by 20 percent. The only side effect I noticed was having to get up multiple times in the night to urinate.

Ras

On the Nootropics subreddit, there are many accounts of people losing their libido after taking lion's mane. Cordyceps is the only fungus that I know of that has been found to increase 5-AR activity.

Paul Stamets, though knowledgeable, does sells bad products - his "mushroom" products, if you can even call them that, logically, are more than half rice, and the other half is just mycelium. They're pathetic.

Experienced

I became a big fan of Lion's Mane mushroom after listening to the joe rogan paul stamets podcast and trying host defense's product. I am a little bit concerned about the 5ar inhibition however, I recall trying finasteride and commenting on how even adderal could not overcome the brain fog while I was at university. I found high doses of curcumin can have a similar effect, most noticeably on vision before fogginess. I have been on lions mane for a month and so far my libido and brain are working well, is this issue more complicated than meets the eye? I have read k2 can cause 5ar inhibition as well, Ive been on idea labs kuinone for 2 years :/
Make sure you get a better product.

Host defense is known for putting additives filler starch etc.

Measurement of β-Glucan in Mushrooms and Mycelial Products - with brand names : MushroomSupplements

Lion's Mane and its nootropic potential. What is the best supplement ? : MushroomSupplements

sladerunner69

I have lots and brown rice has me feeling like a basket case.

sladerunner69

Where did you find that about k2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom