Like night and day: Animal studies may not translate to humans if time of day is disregarded

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
“There are these dramatic daily fluctuations—in metabolism, in immune function, in learning and memory, in perception—and by the large, they get ignored,” said Randy Nelson, who led the study. “You just have to wonder: to what extent is that affecting the outcomes?”

"Even among the studies conducted at night, most didn’t describe in detail how the authors protected the rodents’ circadian rhythms. For example, at what times did the researchers observe the animals? Did they house the animals in the dark during the day? If so, how did they keep extraneous light from invading the room every time someone opened the door or turned on a hallway light? In most cases, it’s impossible to tell from the methods section."

"Failing to account for time of day doesn’t just jeopardize an animal study’s reproducibility. It can also make its results less applicable to humans."

Tarmander

I also think about where they do these tests. IE universities that have strong cell phone tower presence.

So many studies from this age are going to be just junk to be thrown out

What was it Nietzsche said, something like the real test now is whether truth can be institutionalized.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I also think about where they do these tests. IE universities that have strong cell phone tower presence.

So many studies from this age are going to be just junk to be thrown out

What was it Nietzsche said, something like the real test now is whether truth can be institutionalized.
I agree, any studies done within the manmade grid have to be questioned. How can you get true results within a fake magnetic, electrical, and radio field?

“There are these dramatic daily fluctuations—in metabolism, in immune function, in learning and memory, in perception—and by the large, they get ignored,” said Randy Nelson, who led the study. “You just have to wonder: to what extent is that affecting the outcomes?”

"Even among the studies conducted at night, most didn’t describe in detail how the authors protected the rodents’ circadian rhythms. For example, at what times did the researchers observe the animals? Did they house the animals in the dark during the day? If so, how did they keep extraneous light from invading the room every time someone opened the door or turned on a hallway light? In most cases, it’s impossible to tell from the methods section."

"Failing to account for time of day doesn’t just jeopardize an animal study’s reproducibility. It can also make its results less applicable to humans."

Yeah this is like developing film in a dark room and thinking the light doesn’t matter. This is why I wonder how accurate blood tests can be with so many variables that are continually changing according to food, sleep, stress and light.

“Interestingly enough, the study sounds an alarm about the fluorescent lights used in most animal care facilities, warning that long exposure to such light may be affecting the outcome of animal studies and needs to be a factor controlled for in statistical analysis. Yet, the study is silent about the same light exposure of humans in office buildings or at home. I guess, research animals are more valuable to the medical industry than a few billion peons wasting away in office buildings designed after maximum security prisons...”

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great thread. It explains a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals