Light Cravings

Jon

lately when I think of orange light there's something very appealing about it. Because of recent forest fires in California, we here in Colorado have had some of the orangest sunsets I've ever seen. I realized there was something about the orange light I felt energized by.

I'm wondering if anyone knows why specifically I'd be yearning for Orange spectrum instead of red which is the common energy giving light that's talked about?

zewe

Hi @Jon maybe your attention to the color orange is metaphysical, calling for you to put something into action, change something in yourself/envirionment....only you could decipher what that is. Look for oportunities or impetus in your life.

The color orange stimulates creativity, productivity, pleasure, optimism, enthusiasm and emotional expression.

Orange is also the color of the 2nd chakra. Below I've posted an article on this chakra which might give you added clues as to why the attraction to orange. Or you can certainly search for other info on your own. All views expressed below may or may not be endorsed by myself.

THE SECOND CHAKRA
2016 by Dean Ramsden

The Second Chakra (Swadhisthana) is the chakra for initial and sustained attachment to other people. Beginning with the vital maternal chakra cord to the mother (and paternal cord to the father) we get our human needs met through meaningful and emotional relationships. Feelings flow through these, our Second Chakra cords, attaching us to both healthy and unhealthy people alike. Here also lies the etheric support for our addictions, and our repeating relationship patterns.

This energy center of human consciousness that emerges from the spine like a flower, and terminates in a six-petaled structure above the pubic bone. Its function is to provide an emotional connection to other people, as well as to the self. It accomplishes this by linking emotional reaction with relational attachment. The second chakra energizes relationships with desire (“I want it”) or with aversion (“Get away from me”).

The second chakra draws energy up from the Earth prana that is processed through the two feet chakras, up the legs, and into the pelvis (see diagram, below). From the base of the spine this prana nourishes the first chakra, before flowing up the spinal nadi (Sushumna) to just above the pubic bone. This energy center is also stimulated through food and other sensual delights. Visual appeal, tactile pleasure, pleasant sounds such as music, delicious tastes… all the human senses help to create aliveness in the second chakra that may then shared with others, or turned towards nourishing the self within.

In addition to its functioning as a sensory center that forms initial and healthy attachments to others the second chakra can also form attachment to unhealthy relationships, or can hold addictive relationships in place. The same mechanism designed to connect us to healthy people can also attach us to unhealthy and toxic individuals. The childlike (and pre-verbal) IQ of the second chakra may be unable to discern the difference between all these options for relationship until later in life.

If the second chakra develops well we are able to form healthy relationships with others that provide companionship, and with whom we can share pleasure. This is one of the reasons the second chakra is usually characterized as the sexual chakra: the center for longing and desire. But healers who work with the chakra system also acknowledge its place in building a healthy immune system, especially the necessary response to danger. Second chakra healing work usually includes additional support for the gastrointestinal immune system (GALT) – especially Peyer’s Patches – and the adrenals. These are the specific lymphatic and endocrine glands linked to the second chakra.

The vital energy created in the second chakra flows through all parts of the human body, to provide the fire that burns within us, to both create and maintain life. Unless we learn how to form attachments to others both in infancy and in later life we will not develop into fully functional people. The second chakra keeps you emotionally healthy, and your energy field and feeling body charged with life-giving prana. It also tells you what you don’t like, or warns you of potential danger. If something doesn’t “feel” right, or doesn’t “smell” good, it probably isn’t right. We refer to this as our “gut instinct”, the common experience of intuitively knowing something hidden about people, or sensing something about a situation that may cause us problems. This chakra also accesses the Enteric Nervous System, the primitive webbing of nerve cells intertwined throughout our gastrointestinal tract.

In Relational Energy Therapy we work directly with one important part of the functioning of the second chakra: how it forms non-visible cords of attachment – chakra cords – to significant people in our lives. This is how we all get our basic human needs met (infant survival), seek emotional nurturing, and how we sustain long-term relationships. Healing in these areas can be enhanced by work on two important second chakra connections: the chakra cord to the mother, and the chakra cord to the father. It is these two earliest connections (or substitute connections to other caregivers if the birth parents are absent) that most heavily influence our adult emotional life. Here is the matrix within which we will grow our emotional reality. These influences are often the unconscious, and yet the deciding factors, in many of our life choices. The experiences with our parents, and the download of DNA/heritage patterns from their family line, flows into our second chakra from the moment of birth. Many of the emotional challenges that we deal with stem from the non-conscious impact of family patterns downloaded into our emotional system. An important part of personal development is to see the difference between our own feelings and longings as separate from the issues in our family.

Of course, resolving family karma is always grist for the mill for personal development, and also is a part of our spiritual journey. Often when we clean the chakra cords, and clarify the emotional patterns laid down by our DNA/heritage, we can come to release the past more quickly, and make relational choices that are much more in alignment with our authentic self. We can come to live our lives for ourselves, and not live just as an extension of an ancestor’s karmic pattern.

At a practical level this means strengthening and clearing the second chakra as an energetic organ (so that if functions well), to heal trauma if present, and to support any lack of development in second chakra development. Then we can move into cleaning the chakra head of lower astral influences that may be feeding off any unresolved past emotion. One example is sentimentality – which is any lingering feeling state disproportionate to a real situation – as well as any other emotion pattern that keeps a person locked into the past. These emotional habits can be energetic food for the lower astral world. We all deserve to have our second chakras be in-the-moment, to be clean of history, and able to fully serve us in the moment.

The addition of chakra cord cleaning and repair work in Relational Energy Therapy is built upon other work done on the healthy functioning – or healing – of the second chakra. By directly addressing the cord connections to significant others we inventory those relationships so as to make vital in-the-moment decisions about are lives. Are you in a lingering relationship that no longer serves you, and saps your life energy? Are you with an addictive person who you can’t let go, or with someone who won’t let you go (even if the relationship has clearly ended)? These are two common examples of where cord work can help you move forward in your life. The cords of connection can be reset: from living in the past, to becoming rooted in the present. This therapeutic process is supported and enhanced by good psychotherapy.

We grow as human beings through relationships, and through the ending of relationships. Chakra cord connections into (or from) the second chakra provide the basic attachment functionality of our personality. They transmit the consciousness in how we make – or end – relationships. They energize our desires, and support our immune systems response to danger. The second chakra cords are the way we grow into our humanity, but they may unconsciously hold the consciousness of how we unknowingly restrict our potential. The pleasure and pain of human relationships rests on this, the “root” consciousness system flowing out of (and into) the second chakra. If you want to grow a healthy plant you have to nourish the roots. Human beings are energetically rooted into other people, and into family karmic patterns. Our strengths and problem-solving skills flow from our emotional functioning. We all know that if we don’t heal the past we will revisit it, again and again. Let’s get to the place in our unsatisfying relationships where enough is enough … let’s heal them, or move on from any restrictive, self-abusive habits of our past. Let’s embrace our full emotional potential now, rather than to die unfulfilled or to acknowledge a life full of regret.

SOURCE:
Second Chakra | Dean Ramsden.com

OP
Jon

Jon

Hi @Jon maybe your attention to the color orange is metaphysical, calling for you to put something into action, change something in yourself/envirionment....only you could decipher what that is. Look for oportunities or impetus in your life.

The color orange stimulates creativity, productivity, pleasure, optimism, enthusiasm and emotional expression.

Orange is also the color of the 2nd chakra. Below I've posted an article on this chakra which might give you added clues as to why the attraction to orange. Or you can certainly search for other info on your own. All views expressed below may or may not be endorsed by myself.

THE SECOND CHAKRA
2016 by Dean Ramsden

The Second Chakra (Swadhisthana) is the chakra for initial and sustained attachment to other people. Beginning with the vital maternal chakra cord to the mother (and paternal cord to the father) we get our human needs met through meaningful and emotional relationships. Feelings flow through these, our Second Chakra cords, attaching us to both healthy and unhealthy people alike. Here also lies the etheric support for our addictions, and our repeating relationship patterns.

This energy center of human consciousness that emerges from the spine like a flower, and terminates in a six-petaled structure above the pubic bone. Its function is to provide an emotional connection to other people, as well as to the self. It accomplishes this by linking emotional reaction with relational attachment. The second chakra energizes relationships with desire (“I want it”) or with aversion (“Get away from me”).

The second chakra draws energy up from the Earth prana that is processed through the two feet chakras, up the legs, and into the pelvis (see diagram, below). From the base of the spine this prana nourishes the first chakra, before flowing up the spinal nadi (Sushumna) to just above the pubic bone. This energy center is also stimulated through food and other sensual delights. Visual appeal, tactile pleasure, pleasant sounds such as music, delicious tastes… all the human senses help to create aliveness in the second chakra that may then shared with others, or turned towards nourishing the self within.

In addition to its functioning as a sensory center that forms initial and healthy attachments to others the second chakra can also form attachment to unhealthy relationships, or can hold addictive relationships in place. The same mechanism designed to connect us to healthy people can also attach us to unhealthy and toxic individuals. The childlike (and pre-verbal) IQ of the second chakra may be unable to discern the difference between all these options for relationship until later in life.

If the second chakra develops well we are able to form healthy relationships with others that provide companionship, and with whom we can share pleasure. This is one of the reasons the second chakra is usually characterized as the sexual chakra: the center for longing and desire. But healers who work with the chakra system also acknowledge its place in building a healthy immune system, especially the necessary response to danger. Second chakra healing work usually includes additional support for the gastrointestinal immune system (GALT) – especially Peyer’s Patches – and the adrenals. These are the specific lymphatic and endocrine glands linked to the second chakra.

The vital energy created in the second chakra flows through all parts of the human body, to provide the fire that burns within us, to both create and maintain life. Unless we learn how to form attachments to others both in infancy and in later life we will not develop into fully functional people. The second chakra keeps you emotionally healthy, and your energy field and feeling body charged with life-giving prana. It also tells you what you don’t like, or warns you of potential danger. If something doesn’t “feel” right, or doesn’t “smell” good, it probably isn’t right. We refer to this as our “gut instinct”, the common experience of intuitively knowing something hidden about people, or sensing something about a situation that may cause us problems. This chakra also accesses the Enteric Nervous System, the primitive webbing of nerve cells intertwined throughout our gastrointestinal tract.

In Relational Energy Therapy we work directly with one important part of the functioning of the second chakra: how it forms non-visible cords of attachment – chakra cords – to significant people in our lives. This is how we all get our basic human needs met (infant survival), seek emotional nurturing, and how we sustain long-term relationships. Healing in these areas can be enhanced by work on two important second chakra connections: the chakra cord to the mother, and the chakra cord to the father. It is these two earliest connections (or substitute connections to other caregivers if the birth parents are absent) that most heavily influence our adult emotional life. Here is the matrix within which we will grow our emotional reality. These influences are often the unconscious, and yet the deciding factors, in many of our life choices. The experiences with our parents, and the download of DNA/heritage patterns from their family line, flows into our second chakra from the moment of birth. Many of the emotional challenges that we deal with stem from the non-conscious impact of family patterns downloaded into our emotional system. An important part of personal development is to see the difference between our own feelings and longings as separate from the issues in our family.

Of course, resolving family karma is always grist for the mill for personal development, and also is a part of our spiritual journey. Often when we clean the chakra cords, and clarify the emotional patterns laid down by our DNA/heritage, we can come to release the past more quickly, and make relational choices that are much more in alignment with our authentic self. We can come to live our lives for ourselves, and not live just as an extension of an ancestor’s karmic pattern.

At a practical level this means strengthening and clearing the second chakra as an energetic organ (so that if functions well), to heal trauma if present, and to support any lack of development in second chakra development. Then we can move into cleaning the chakra head of lower astral influences that may be feeding off any unresolved past emotion. One example is sentimentality – which is any lingering feeling state disproportionate to a real situation – as well as any other emotion pattern that keeps a person locked into the past. These emotional habits can be energetic food for the lower astral world. We all deserve to have our second chakras be in-the-moment, to be clean of history, and able to fully serve us in the moment.

The addition of chakra cord cleaning and repair work in Relational Energy Therapy is built upon other work done on the healthy functioning – or healing – of the second chakra. By directly addressing the cord connections to significant others we inventory those relationships so as to make vital in-the-moment decisions about are lives. Are you in a lingering relationship that no longer serves you, and saps your life energy? Are you with an addictive person who you can’t let go, or with someone who won’t let you go (even if the relationship has clearly ended)? These are two common examples of where cord work can help you move forward in your life. The cords of connection can be reset: from living in the past, to becoming rooted in the present. This therapeutic process is supported and enhanced by good psychotherapy.

We grow as human beings through relationships, and through the ending of relationships. Chakra cord connections into (or from) the second chakra provide the basic attachment functionality of our personality. They transmit the consciousness in how we make – or end – relationships. They energize our desires, and support our immune systems response to danger. The second chakra cords are the way we grow into our humanity, but they may unconsciously hold the consciousness of how we unknowingly restrict our potential. The pleasure and pain of human relationships rests on this, the “root” consciousness system flowing out of (and into) the second chakra. If you want to grow a healthy plant you have to nourish the roots. Human beings are energetically rooted into other people, and into family karmic patterns. Our strengths and problem-solving skills flow from our emotional functioning. We all know that if we don’t heal the past we will revisit it, again and again. Let’s get to the place in our unsatisfying relationships where enough is enough … let’s heal them, or move on from any restrictive, self-abusive habits of our past. Let’s embrace our full emotional potential now, rather than to die unfulfilled or to acknowledge a life full of regret.

SOURCE:
Second Chakra | Dean Ramsden.com

Thank you so much! I appreciate the input!

Elephanto

What's your Zodiac sign just for fun ? Mine is Leo and the associated color is orange. The things zewe mentions it stimulates are also in descriptions of the Leo sign. It is warm and energetic without the anger that red can possess, also associated with abundance and affection. I find it's a motivating color and Leo's sign is characterized by will.

OP
Jon

Jon

What's your Zodiac sign just for fun ? Mine is Leo and the associated color is orange. The things zewe mentions it stimulates are also in descriptions of the Leo sign. It is warm and energetic without the anger that red can possess, also associated with abundance and affection. I find it's a motivating color and Leo's sign is characterized by will.

I'm a cancer lol

OP
Jon

Jon

Maybe my brain is saying it needs a boost:

Neuroscience: Orange light boosts brain power

This is from a thread by Haidut.

It could actually make sense. I've gone pretty hard in research and study as well as writing a couple strength training programs and advising some on their nutrition so my brain is definitely being worked more intensely than it has been it a long time

zewe

Maybe your soul's nudging you towards a creative endeavor; something you enjoy doing?

Elephanto

I'm a cancer lol
lol I wasn't guessing that you had to be a Leo, was just curious. We often are drawn to the things that complete us, and you are a water sign ruled by the Moon. But yeah, there's really no conclusion to draw here, I'm just throwing things around. Probably has more to do with your current state and what you want to get out of life. As a kid I was more on the Serotonin side and my favorite color was blue, I liked melancholic movies and songs, had feminine traits. I realized it changed a few years ago and now it's the red spectrum and white, and I have no interest for melancholic art unless something powerfully positive shines through.

Anyway the esoteric perspective that it is energizing at least matches scientific findings.

OP
Jon

Jon

Maybe your soul's nudging you towards a creative endeavor; something you enjoy doing?

I think I'm alil TOO creative lol but yes it could be! I do have some dreams I'd like to realize in the next 3 years lol.

OP
Jon

Jon

lol I wasn't guessing that you had to be a Leo, was just curious. We often are drawn to the things that complete us, and you are a water sign ruled by the Moon. But yeah, there's really no conclusion to draw here, I'm just throwing things around. Probably has more to do with your current state and what you want to get out of life. As a kid I was more on the Serotonin side and my favorite color was blue, I liked melancholic movies and songs, had feminine traits. I realized it changed a few years ago and now it's the red spectrum and white, and I have no interest for melancholic art unless something powerfully positive shines through.

Anyway the esoteric perspective that it is energizing at least matches scientific findings.

I'm sorry about my response earlier! I couldn't give a longer reply because I was preoccupied. Hope you didn't smtake it as me shooting you down! I think it's an interesting perspective between you and @zewe as my dad is a traditionally schooled doctor of acupuncture and herbalist medicine so I'm very familiar with eastern medicine and the different perspectives on energetics.

It definitely coincides with the scientific research. As I've said, my brain is probably in need of a recovery phase and perhaps a small break from the various medias I use for study lol.

zewe

The orange also translates as pleasure and emotional expression. 2nd chakra is about relationships.....have you been neglecting or needing relationship? Just tossing it out as @Elephanto says.

You're young; any romance in your life? That's one of things that made me enjoy my earthly life!:woo

Elephanto

@Jon Not at all, I found it amusing. I guess because today I've noticed 2 persons in my class with a leo sign tattoo so I wanted to see if I would stumble on another one.

OP
Jon

Jon

The orange also translates as pleasure and emotional expression. 2nd chakra is about relationships.....have you been neglecting or needing relationship? Just tossing it out as @Elephanto says.

You're young; any romance in your life? That's one of things that made me enjoy my earthly life!:woo

The romance front is peachy for me ;) I'm happily married lol and my wife is my best friend, we've actually known each other for 15 years :). Dated for 7 before marriage which was last year. She's actually the one who found this forum and Ray Peats work for me when my health was in the toilet!

I do think you're on to something with the creativity side to things. Life has actually opened some doors for me lately but it's EXHAUSTING lol and yeah I think my psyche needs a break.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMG_0899.JPG
You might enjoy a salt lamp. They have a beautiful orange glow.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wow, thanks@smith. I had no idea. I suppose the nice orange glow isn't worth it.

OP
Jon

Jon

That's great :jawdrop: I have one of these lol. Orange incandescent is the way to go apparently

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's great :jawdrop: I have one of these lol. Orange incandescent is the way to go apparently
Yeah, I'm bummed. Fortunately I usually only break mine out in winter because it gives the room a warm glow similar to a fireplace. That was nice on long, cold, dark days.
Kinda makes me wonder what else is lurking in my home that seems innocent but is actually toxic.:arghh:
I caught my dearly departed cat licking my salt lamp a few times.:banghead:

smith

Ye, I've been thinking that the pink color is from the high iron content which oxidizes red(like blood). So the blanker the better. I'm still interested in something that safely emits orange light though. @Blossom

check out this thread Red Light Experiment (120V Vs. 130V) @Jon My posts are pretty cringy though so watch out.

I found a bag of iron-fortified rice laying on a sidewalk being pecked at by some birds, so I took it and threw it in a trash can as fast as I could. Is this wrong?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals