Light Breaks Mitigate Harmful Effects Of Sedentary Lifestyles

Discussion in 'Light' started by DaveFoster, Jul 28, 2018.

1. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
  2. Texon

Texon Member

Someone has said recently that sitting is the new smoking

3. OP
    DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    Caffeine has many of the same anti-aging benefits as exercise.

Dr. Peat lives a sedentary lifestyle, but he drinks very strong coffee. Larger amounts of caffeine administered prior to exercise results in elevates (FFA) after exercise, a sign of an activated stress response.

4. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

I didn't know that about coffee prior to exercise. Is this why B3 is often recommended to use during workouts? Due to the FFA release.

5. OP
    DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    Vitamin B3 may have a beneficial effect, but I've never read anything regarding its use as an ergogenic aid. Mildronate lowers FFA and enhanced brain function as well as exercise performance.

6. CoolTweetPete

CoolTweetPete Member

Telecommunications / Health & Fitness
    Do you think an active lifestyle is somehow less desirable? I feel an incredible amount of energy if I limit my sitting to ~2-3 hours a day maximum. Typically this is forced upon me because of driving and school, but I notice my digestion begins to suffer if I get into the 4-6 hour range.

The lymphatic system of the human body is said to "not have a pumping system" according to traditional biology. I don't know if Dr. Peat somehow refutes that. The comparison they make is to the vascular & respiratory systems which certainly seem to have pumping mechanisms (heart & lungs). They say this means the lymphatic system requires kinetic energy (movement) to do it's job.

I can imagine a scenario where an active lifestyle is more energetic but possibly accelerates aging due to elevations in stress hormones. But then again Dr. Peat has said athletes are able to adapt to a level where they do not produce much lactate until they reach heavy exertion. This also sounds desirable. Interesting post. Thanks.

7. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

I thought B3 inhibit the release of FFA, therefore being useful while working out as the stress from working out may liberate FFA into the bloodstream.

Still learning here so please correct me if I'm off. Possibly with a good reference to learn more about this.

8. OP
    DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    If you're talking about recovery and protection against some of the oxidative stress caused by exercise, then B3 may have a beneficial effect.