LiFi the realistic solution to 5G?

RealNeat

I do not need 5G nor do I need a world that uses 5G or internet at those speeds. Regardless, its coming and though "the resitance" is fighting it, it seems inevitable.

In an attempt to build a new paradigm one of my areas of interest converged with the thought that made this post. Infrared. My father had a passion for experimenting with infrared, it carried over to me and I remain fascinated by its effects. Ive been working on inventing a sleep mask that is activated by an infrared timer signal to turn on lights to mimic a sunrise, infrared "AirPods" and all other forms of safe wireless tech.

Then one day I ran into the work of Harald Haas and LiFi (Light Fidelity) while researching. This tech uses LEDs to send information, internet, think of it like your router. Even though Im not a fan of LED lights (though the tech is getting healthier with low flicker and a balanced color pectrum) I saw the potential for an even better option, non visible light. This is where infrared LEDs would come into play. However even if "visible" light frequencies were used the experiments in the TED talk by Harald show that it doesnt need to be at high intensity and could be so dim the light would seem as thought it is off.

This then lead be to the company Light Fidelity (LiFi) Internet Service Provider Company - Oledcomm which has videos of their tech on youtube and use infrared for their LiFi tech.

Yes it has limitations but those limitations can also be shown as benefits. For exmaple, it is more secure since it can not penetrate walls. And an obvious one for those of us who think nnEMFs are unsafe, infrared seems a much less intrusive frequency of EMF, maybe even some benefit.

Why is this a solution to 5G?
1. I believe it can help us keep up with other countries but also retain our health at the same time. This might even give us an edge considering all the things that may (are) being caused by 5G exposure. It can use existing infrastructure, street lamps etc. It is FAST, "Considering that the fastest WiFi in the 60 GHz frequency band, WiGig, can achieve a maximum data rate of 7 GB per second, LiFi speed is 100 times faster than that! Not only that, but the rate per square meter or area data rate of a LiFi network can be 1,000 times higher than the area data rate of a WiFi network." - LiFi Speed | LiFi.co

2. It can beat out 5G especially if lasers are used, "SLD Laser recently exhibited its LiFi-based solution during CES 2020, promising data speeds multiple times faster than what 5G offers. SLD Laser’s products potentially offer even greater performance than other competing LiFi products due to them utilizing lasers instead of LED lights." - LiFi Explained: The Wireless Laser Tech That Could Leave 5G In The Dust

3. Its weaknesses are not worse than 5Gs weaknesses and have easy solutions.

4. Its benefits are attractive to the people who need incentives to change policy and can be a legitimate contender to 5G and other damaging RF.

For more info visit LiFi.co | Revolutionary Wireless Communication Technology
and watch

Now as for the internet of things, agenda 2030 and the implications of such an interwoven web of data and its integration into manuplulating people, LiFi probably wont do much...

P.S. one of the the ways the LiFi is powered is through PoE, this still seems like a pretty dirty way of doing things "electro pollution" wise as per this article Ethernet over power line (EOP/Powerline) the dangerous internet from the power point - en.geovital.com [EN] - so when calling for this (LiFi) tech to be implemented its important to also encourage properly shielded wires and good grounding sources.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

There is absolutely no chance flickering light might be beneficial to the health, no matter the spectrum. It might be actually worse than (distant) 5G transmitter.

Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

There is absolutely no chance flickering light might be beneficial to the health, no matter the spectrum. It might be actually worse than (distant) 5G transmitter.
I in no way support flickering visible light but theres no research that i know of showing harm in the non visible spectrum. And i also mentioned that this light can be so dim that the eyes cant even percieve a light is on even if visible spectrum is used. New LEDs flicker at such a rate that people who cant handle the older LEDs do fine on the newer ones. I do not think its even close to being as harmful as 5G is/ will be. If you can supply evidence ill definitely look into it. Once again im not fond of flickering light but its not a one way road there are ways around it, plus protecting yourself from flickering light is much easier than protecting yourself from microwave radiation... when outdoor daylight is considered the flicker is even less of an issue.

Tarmander

That is pretty interesting. If it doesn't go through walls, then I cannot imagine it gaining widespread acceptance just because wired would work better for those situations. Perhaps long distance military applications or something.

You are right about 5G coming. Too much money has been throw into that titanic to turn it around. Just make sure you aren't one of the ones who dies to teach everyone about its effects

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

That is pretty interesting. If it doesn't go through walls, then I cannot imagine it gaining widespread acceptance just because wired would work better for those situations. Perhaps long distance military applications or something.

You are right about 5G coming. Too much money has been throw into that titanic to turn it around. Just make sure you aren't one of the ones who dies to teach everyone about its effects
the infrastructure to implement it does not take nearly as much money as 5G. Current light posts can be used along with pretty much anything else that has the ablity to house a light. Wired is probably even better but 5G is not the best at penetrating things either. I really dont see any application where 5G would be a better option health effects aside.

BearWithMe

I in no way support flickering visible light but theres no research that i know of showing harm in the non visible spectrum. And i also mentioned that this light can be so dim that the eyes cant even percieve a light is on even if visible spectrum is used. New LEDs flicker at such a rate that people who cant handle the older LEDs do fine on the newer ones. I do not think its even close to being as harmful as 5G is/ will be. If you can supply evidence ill definitely look into it. Once again im not fond of flickering light but its not a one way road there are ways around it, plus protecting yourself from flickering light is much easier than protecting yourself from microwave radiation... when outdoor daylight is considered the flicker is even less of an issue.
Theres also no research proving otherwise. Theres simply no research at all.

There is research (and plenty anecdotal evidence) showing harm of flickering in visible spectrum, and there also is research (and even more anecdotal evidence) showing that human body perceive and react to light in non-visible spectrum.

This alone is very good reason to skepticism IMO.