Life Ruined From Drinking 6 Liters Of Water For Weeks

Astolfo

One of my relatives had a skin condition. So she made a bit of research and wanted to try something. She drunk 5-6 liters of water 'a day' for two weeks, approximately. Also she took hyaluranic acid at the same time. One day she suddenly felt really bad. Spaced out, nausea, pressure in her head and eyes, headache etc. Since that day, for a few years, she's suffering bad. Salt, sugar and chocolate makes her feel a lot worse. She sometimes feel better and sometimes worse. She never got better, in fact, she feels more nauseating nowadays.
Doctors couldn't helped.

What did go wrong?

LLight

On the short term, I can see drinking too much water/liquid linked with lowered metabolic rate and lowered immune system efficiency, but nothing that would last that long.

wintagal

Bringing salt levels up too quickly after prolonged or severe low salt can cause brain damage. Recovery may be possible. Google pontine myelinosis. Just a hypothesis.

wintagal

Also take a look at water intoxication. . Cerebral edema from water intoxication was first recognized in the 1920s.

OP
A

Astolfo

but nothing that would last that long.
I understand. She really is suffering for a long time. I wish doctors could helped but they couldn't. In fact, they said she has meniere's disease.

Bringing salt levels up too quickly after prolonged or severe low salt can cause brain damage. Recovery may be possible. Google pontine myelinosis. Just a hypothesis.

But, she didn't attempt to correct any sodium deficiency. All this started after drinking that much water.

Also take a look at water intoxication. . Cerebral edema from water intoxication was first recognized in the 1920s.

Makes sense but what are we gonna do?

GAF

Salt her back up. The body will self regulate within a few hours or days. All animals know how to self regulate salt and water intake unless overridden by medical or nutrition experts or corporate or government marketing departments.

InChristAlone

Sounds like severe mineral depletion.

redsun

One of my relatives had a skin condition. So she made a bit of research and wanted to try something. She drunk 5-6 liters of water 'a day' for two weeks, approximately. Also she took hyaluranic acid at the same time. One day she suddenly felt really bad. Spaced out, nausea, pressure in her head and eyes, headache etc. Since that day, for a few years, she's suffering bad. Salt, sugar and chocolate makes her feel a lot worse. She sometimes feel better and sometimes worse. She never got better, in fact, she feels more nauseating nowadays.
Doctors couldn't helped.

What did go wrong?

Probably the massive unnecessary amounts of water caused mineral depletion as someone else say. Eating lots of mineral rich foods would probably fix it.

EIRE24

Probably the massive unnecessary amounts of water caused mineral depletion as someone else say. Eating lots of mineral rich foods would probably fix it.
What foods would you say are most mineral rich?

redsun

In this case salted milk is high in the electrolytes but low in the trace minerals iron, copper, manganese and zinc. For those veal liver, red meat, dark chocolate perhaps, tropical fruits. Depends in this case, usually electrolytes restore easier but if the trace minerals were messed with than it would take longer.

OP
A

Astolfo

Thanks everybody, but she says she's feeling a lot worse after salty foods. I doubt this is completely true, as she is prejudiced about salt(She avoids from salt as it retains water in the body.). but still I don't know how am I gonna convince her to eat more salt. She thinks salt is no no for her.

I too think that she has hyponatremia. Symptoms are quite matching. What's the safest way of fixing sodium deficiency? How much salt she should be taking daily? Also how am i gonna force her to eat more salt?

The-brains-adaptive-process-in-hyponatremia-and-the-effects-of-correction-on-brain.png

EH.jpg

OP
A

Astolfo

Hey, I asked her what she did first after got diseased. And she said that she tried consuming a lot of salt at first. And said that eating more salt made her really really worse, to the point that her vision got blurry. Rapid correction of hyponatremia leads to brain damage, yeah. But why does she still have the same symptoms that similar to those of hyponatremia?

Dry fasting !!! ( short spurts )

She's doing ramadan fast every year.

Hey, I asked her what she did first after got diseased. And she said that she tried consuming a lot of salt at first. And said that eating more salt made her really really worse, to the point that her vision got blurry. Rapid correction of hyponatremia leads to brain damage, yeah. But why does she still have the same symptoms that similar to those of hyponatremia?

She's doing ramadan fast every year.

Please ask Ray Peat about it,would be interesting to hear his opinion.And maybe it is meniere's disease?I also believe that Salt intake should be more in line with animal-intake.But whatever is done,make the changes very slow,not fast,so the organism can adapt itself.

OP
A

Astolfo

Please ask Ray Peat about it,would be interesting to hear his opinion

How can I ask him about this directly?

Also it would be better to link this topic because my english is not so good and I'm too impaired cognitively to talk right now.

I also believe that Salt intake should be more in line with animal-intake.But whatever is done,make the changes very slow,not fast,so the organism can adapt itself.

I dunno. Should i insist her to slowly get her salt intake higher?

By the way, salt is not the only thing that makes her feel so bad. Even slight physical efforts also affects her too much.

How can I ask him about this directly?

Also it would be better to link this topic because my english is not so good and I'm too impaired cognitively to talk right now.

I dunno. Should i insist her to slowly get her salt intake higher?

By the way, salt is not the only thing that makes her feel so bad. Even slight physical efforts also affects her too much.

I see.i do not have his email unfortunately.