Life Is Too Complicated For Me- Biological Cause?

Ben

What does this sound like? Serotonin dominance? Estrogen dominance? Low progesterone? High stress hormones? Hypothyroidism? Brain deformities? Low brain energy? Low brain blood flow?

I threw away almost everything I have! It feels too complicated to talk to people. To have friends, even friends I like. To have family. To get a job. To have hobbies. To eat more than a couple kinds of foods. To have goals, belief systems. Everything strains me! Even living is becoming too complicated now. I came to a point that I just want to die. I don't want to even live off off what money is still available to me. I don't want to even buy anything.

So I found my answer to why I can't get morivated, I don't want anything besides to get rid of everything in my life.

Why is everything too complicated to me? Why is it so hard for me to think? What the hell is wrong with me? How do I get out of this, if I can?

If I went to a psychiatrist, what would he say or give me? This probably isn't even a recognized disorder, probably a form of cognitive disability.

Blinkyrocket

Or better yet, what does the fact that you lament this so much mean? O_O let your own observations also be a symptom, and things may get a tad clearer.

Blinkyrocket

You could let some people cut open your brain or do an mri, what've you got to lose? You could see what parts of your brain are active and what aren't

(Cut open your brain was a little sarcastic)

OP
B

Ben

Let's see what you would do if you had this problem, smart guy. You would have no ability to deal with the complexities in life, whether it is friendships, relationships, people in general, jobs, hobbies, goals, education.

This leads to great frustration within you because you want to do stuff, you want to talk and do stuff, yet everything is too complicated for your brain to handle. You end up wanting nothing but to just end everything, because nothing is simple enough for you, everything strains your brain.

But then you feel bored and lonely, so no matter what you do, you're in a ***t state of mind. Then in the end, everybody thinks you're just lazy or whining. It's a serious and disabling condition but nobody thinks it's a big deal. Not that that part matters, it's the isolation and deprivation that matters.

Brian

Maybe you would do well with a change of scene for a few years. If I remember right you are in Denver? Personally I would hate it there, especially if I was trying to figure out my mental and physical health. I'm more of a smaller town kind of guy and prefer to be slightly rural. Ever thought about working on a small farm? It simplifies a lot of things. Eat the local produce, fresh eggs, meat, and milk. Work with your hands. Go to bed at dusk. Wake up at dawn. Spend most of the day outside. It's a nice life, if even just for a year or two.

You could even consider going to New Zealand to work on a farm there for awhile and take some breaks to enjoy some backpacking there. It's very easy for Americans to get a working visa there.

Farm life can heal a lot of metabolic, neurotransmitter, and hormonal issues without consciously even being aware of it through a perfect circadian rhythm, more movement, and really high quality food.

mt_dreams

Ben the difference b/w your desires, and your reality, appears to be causing you a lot of stress.
It's complicated b/c you are afraid to fail, be it consciously, or sub-consciously.

So you can learn to tolerate failing a little better, or you can move to a location where you can feel comfortable, and hopefully slowly removed these unattainable desires from your thought process. Here in Canada, it's common for the people who have some of the same issues you have to move north away from all the hustle & bustle.

I was observing my neighbor trying to teach his twin sons how to ride a bike without training wheels. One of the twins refused to even try riding the bike, even after seeing that any pain the brother suffered from falling, was short lived. So as of today, even though that child desires riding the bike like his brother, he desires avoiding the pain that might accompany that desires (bike riding) even more. So from an observers point of view, he is actually fulfilling his highest desire. Once his desire to learn how to ride the bike (falling & all) outweighs his desire to avoid that pain, he will more than likely learn how to ride a bike.

Blinkyrocket

Ben said:
Let's see what you would do if you had this problem, smart guy. You would have no ability to deal with the complexities in life, whether it is friendships, relationships, people in general, jobs, hobbies, goals, education.

This leads to great frustration within you because you want to do stuff, you want to talk and do stuff, yet everything is too complicated for your brain to handle. You end up wanting nothing but to just end everything, because nothing is simple enough for you, everything strains your brain.

But then you feel bored and lonely, so no matter what you do, you're in a s*** state of mind. Then in the end, everybody thinks you're just lazy or whining. It's a serious and disabling condition but nobody thinks it's a big deal. Not that that part matters, it's the isolation and deprivation that matters.
Everything you say makes it clear you weren't being smart by making this thread, if you know nothing works and you're still trying than you're not smart apparently. I've lived with this all my life, suffocation around people that I want to be around but can't. Diet doesn't help, because nobody can change. All the people who claim great results in this forum only experience a stronger version of their current state. Anybody on this forum who's happy has never really been miserable, etc. etc. course the reason for that is simple, we learn from past experiences and that's that, if you're unlucky than you can't change it.

I'd like to be proved wrong but I don't think I will be.

OP
B

Ben

Amazoniac said:
Seems legit. Have you benefitted from mineral balancing?

mt_dreams said:
Ben the difference b/w your desires, and your reality, appears to be causing you a lot of stress.
It's complicated b/c you are afraid to fail, be it consciously, or sub-consciously.

So you can learn to tolerate failing a little better, or you can move to a location where you can feel comfortable, and hopefully slowly removed these unattainable desires from your thought process. Here in Canada, it's common for the people who have some of the same issues you have to move north away from all the hustle & bustle.

I was observing my neighbor trying to teach his twin sons how to ride a bike without training wheels. One of the twins refused to even try riding the bike, even after seeing that any pain the brother suffered from falling, was short lived. So as of today, even though that child desires riding the bike like his brother, he desires avoiding the pain that might accompany that desires (bike riding) even more. So from an observers point of view, he is actually fulfilling his highest desire. Once his desire to learn how to ride the bike (falling & all) outweighs his desire to avoid that pain, he will more than likely learn how to ride a bike.
I don't think the problem is failure, but avoiding the unpleasant amount of effort required to attain something, which I may not even attain.

I never talk about serious stuff like life plans like other people do because it is so boring and ultimately I just don't care. So I don't say anything. On the other hand, I joke around with my few friends all the time. Maybe I see joking around as inappropriate.

I came to that conclusion once. I was completely silent around strangers and my friend but then when my friend and I left the place, I started joking around a lot. I don't get it. I should probably experiment with this. Maybe around my friends, it is fun mode, and around strangers, it is "make a good impression mode".

Brian said:
Maybe you would do well with a change of scene for a few years. If I remember right you are in Denver? Personally I would hate it there, especially if I was trying to figure out my mental and physical health. I'm more of a smaller town kind of guy and prefer to be slightly rural. Ever thought about working on a small farm? It simplifies a lot of things. Eat the local produce, fresh eggs, meat, and milk. Work with your hands. Go to bed at dusk. Wake up at dawn. Spend most of the day outside. It's a nice life, if even just for a year or two.

You could even consider going to New Zealand to work on a farm there for awhile and take some breaks to enjoy some backpacking there. It's very easy for Americans to get a working visa there.

Farm life can heal a lot of metabolic, neurotransmitter, and hormonal issues without consciously even being aware of it through a perfect circadian rhythm, more movement, and really high quality food.
I lived in a rural area my whole life then moved here last summer. And it's true, the culture here does suck. Most of the cool people I met here aren't even from Colorado. Unfortunately, I wanted to get rid of some acid before going home so I took 3.5 hits, then I got in trouble. So I will have to serve a year or two of probation here.

For some reason, I can't tolerate being in a rural area. I need excitement. It's been that way since I was a kid. I can recall my earliest memory as a baby, I was crying in a church because the boredom felt painful to me. And I remember a nightmare that I was in a field of yellow grass in which nothing happened.

I think I would be just fine if I had enough excitement all the time. I keep feeling a desire to find outwardly emotional people. I don't feel excited by much besides people being emotional, maybe that's why I don't want riches, success, or happiness. And maybe complicated stuff is so boring and difficult for me that it stresses me out. Indeed, the head tension I get when doing boring stuff, seems opposite to the soothing head sensation when I'm around people being emotional. It's like a breathe of fresh air to me.

So living in a city is definitely good, I just don't like the complicated bits. They are hard for me to work with. Maybe I'm suffering from sensory deprivation.

mt_dreams

Ben said:
I don't think the problem is failure, but avoiding the unpleasant amount of effort required to attain something, which I may not even attain.

I never talk about serious stuff like life plans like other people do because it is so boring and ultimately I just don't care. So I don't say anything. On the other hand, I joke around with my few friends all the time. Maybe I see joking around as inappropriate.

I came to that conclusion once. I was completely silent around strangers and my friend but then when my friend and I left the place, I started joking around a lot. I don't get it. I should probably experiment with this. Maybe around my friends, it is fun mode, and around strangers, it is "make a good impression mode".

Well, do you not want to put the effort b/c the exerted effort is not a guarantee that you will attain whatever it is? Or do you not want to put the effort b/c you don't feel like doing anything that requires effort? There's a big difference. The latter is a form of laziness, not a big deal, you'll learn to live with this. The former is a form of fear. Nothing in life is a guarantee, and that's is probably the best thing to this experience we call life.

The fact that you are silent around strangers, and then talkative/playful around close friends shows that you have a fear of 'what other people think' and you don't want to make a poor impression around people that don't know you well enough to already have a formed opinion of you. I'd say you would do well with a couple of 'foot in mouth' experiences. If that's too far of a stretch right now, try throwing in playful topics when you are amongst people talking about life plans. For all you know some of the other members of the group conversing would prefer this kind of banter. If they shoot down your topics (or you), find people to talk to who are better suited for your conversion style. The only way to do this is to be yourself from the start, and see who vibes well off this. Not everyone is going to like you, it's not a big deal.

Blinkyrocket

I keep getting you and answers found/lookingforanswers mixed up. o_O you obviously hate yourself and are trying to treat symptoms instead of finding out why. Plus, without boredom we wouldnt have creativity making works of art and crap. Boredom is for the imagination and if you can't tolerate boredom, than I suppose you have no imagination.

Edit: I guess you hate aspects of yourself but maybe not yourself, strictly speaking.

Blinkyrocket

I should consider myself lucky because nearly all of my friendships are based on people being friends with my brother and tolerating me, they're usually always hilarious enough to just be around them and enjoy them (seriously funny people, amazingly so) but if it comes my turn to talk it usually sucks. It's only once somebody points out that something you do is weird that you feel bad about it. I used to have fun with my friends until my brother kept telling them I had Aspergers for example. if everyone in the world had Aspergers I would probably be a happy happy guy.

Amazoniac

Ben said:
Amazoniac said:
Seems legit. Have you benefitted from mineral balancing?

Not at all because I haven't tried (yet) but it seems promising and relatively harmless. In the worst case scenario you'll end up with just another form of imbalance than you were before, and you'll know in a short period of time if it's working or not by feelings and cravings.

I would also consider some form of hypopboydism, something very common nowadays..

OP
B

Ben

mt_dreams said:
Ben said:

Well, do you not want to put the effort b/c the exerted effort is not a guarantee that you will attain whatever it is? Or do you not want to put the effort b/c you don't feel like doing anything that requires effort? There's a big difference. The latter is a form of laziness, not a big deal, you'll learn to live with this. The former is a form of fear. Nothing in life is a guarantee, and that's is probably the best thing to this experience we call life.

The fact that you are silent around strangers, and then talkative/playful around close friends shows that you have a fear of 'what other people think' and you don't want to make a poor impression around people that don't know you well enough to already have a formed opinion of you. I'd say you would do well with a couple of 'foot in mouth' experiences. If that's too far of a stretch right now, try throwing in playful topics when you are amongst people talking about life plans. For all you know some of the other members of the group conversing would prefer this kind of banter. If they shoot down your topics (or you), find people to talk to who are better suited for your conversion style. The only way to do this is to be yourself from the start, and see who vibes well off this. Not everyone is going to like you, it's not a big deal.
I think I'm afraid of becoming more angry than I already am. The rage inside of me is already tearing me apart. While a positive experience would have no benefit, a negative experience would only contribute to the rage that can't get out. My emotions are so powerful that my friend noticed my pupils are often big, and they were noticably bigger than her's when we looked in the mirror.

So I hope that I can confront and get rid of these emotions just by paying attention to my body and letting these emotions out. I think I found a solution for my problem, thanks mt_dreams and others who helped.

Giraffe

Amazoniac, I only skimmed the text you linked. I stumbled about this sentence:

"If your sodium level is low, eating a lot of salt will probably make your sodium level go even lower."

Why's that?

thegiantess

I've read about half of the linked article. The type and style is that of a total quack, BUT the text itself has resonated with me more than anything I've read in quite some time. The descriptions of how a truly energized/healthy person would behave (confident, passionate, spontaneous, etc) is so true and I've never really considered it. I have been brainstorming to try and think of any person I know that fits this bill and I cannot come up with one. The outgoing or surface happy people I know take anti depressants. Crazy! Does anyone know someone who fits his description of someone well energized?

M

marikay

I've read about half of the linked article. The type and style is that of a total quack, BUT the text itself has resonated with me more than anything I've read in quite some time. The descriptions of how a truly energized/healthy person would behave (confident, passionate, spontaneous, etc) is so true and I've never really considered it. I have been brainstorming to try and think of any person I know that fits this bill and I cannot come up with one. The outgoing or surface happy people I know take anti depressants. Crazy! Does anyone know someone who fits his description of someone well energized?

Maybe Ray?