Life Extension Super K

OP
HealthisWealth
@Birdie

gluten? You mean the old formulation which has 2,700mcg total k2 or the maltodextrin are derived from gluten/wheat?

Regarding about the changes.... its actually @LucH who told me about the new super k... Thanks again lucH

LucH

I still have the old bottles but thanks for pointing out the changes. Maybe the amount of maltodextrin is small enough not to cause problems. I seem to recall it has gluten though.
Mine has no gluten, nor maltodextrine (Life extension with super K , with K1 1500 mcg, K2 MK4 1 mg and MK7 200 mcg)
Excipients:
10 mg ascorbyl palmitate, extra virgin oil, gelatin, glycerin beeswax, purified water and carob color.

Birdie

@Birdie

gluten? You mean the old formulation which has 2,700mcg total k2 or the maltodextrin are derived from gluten/wheat?

Regarding about the changes.... its actually @LucH who told me about the new super k... Thanks again lucH
Thanks, yes, I'd been wondering about the maltodextrin listed in one of the new formulas and seemed to recall it wasn't gluten free. May be wrong but if I were concerned about gluten, I would check on maltodextrin.

Birdie

Mine has no gluten, nor maltodextrine (Life extension with super K , with K1 1500 mcg, K2 MK4 1 mg and MK7 200 mcg)
Excipients:
10 mg ascorbyl palmitate, extra virgin oil, gelatin, glycerin beeswax, purified water and carob color.
Yes, mine is the same. Seems to be the old formula.

Birdie

https://www.quora.com/Is-maltodextrin-gluten-free

Maltodextrin can be made from a variety of starches, including corn, potato, rice or wheat.

Why you don’t need to worry: The source does not matter because maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the protein is removed, rendering it gluten free. Plus, if wheat is used to make maltodextrin, “wheat” will appear on the label. This might give you pause, but even in this case, the maltodextrin would be gluten free. In Canada, maltodextrin made from wheat was tested with one of the most sensitive tests available and no gluten was detected.

Why that’s a good thing: This additive is used in popular food products such as potato chips and jerky.

Birdie

But, I see why maltodextrin stuck in my mind in a negative way. I am allergic to potato and without knowing the source of the maltodextrin, I have to avoid it.
Gosh, it's hard to remember all the tiny details. Glad this thread made me look it up .... again...

OP
HealthisWealth
@Birdie or anyone

I still have the old formulation super k. Do you feel sometimes after taking it for 4-5hours you still taste it on your stomach like it didnt digested?

Birdie

@Birdie or anyone

I still have the old formulation super k. Do you feel sometimes after taking it for 4-5hours you still taste it on your stomach like it didnt digested?
Hi. Sounds unpleasant to get that taste... I don't notice any taste afterwards. I take it right after breakfast though. Do you take it with a big meal? That might make a difference if it gets diluted with a big meal.

TreasureVibe

Is the new Life Extension Super K formula worth it? I have a bottle here at home but unsure due to the soybean MK-7.

Birdie

Is the new Life Extension Super K formula worth it? I have a bottle here at home but unsure due to the soybean MK-7.
I'm having similar thoughts. Just got the new Super K. The soybeans were not listed on my old bottle and now the label says, "contains soybeans". I don't know if the amount would be enough to suppress the thyroid. I would imagine it wouldn't since the MK7 is just derived from soy. Sure wish they wouldn't keep changing the formula.

member11823

Do you think taking super k will drop glucose levels enough to cause depression?
I've been taking super k for years but now it seems it makes me feel depressed.
Im taking a lot of glycine daily too.

Birdie

There has been a label change. Reading the ingredients on amazon, I see that microcrystalline cellulose is now on the list.