Lidocaine Is An Endotoxin (TLR4) Antagonist

Adrenaline

In this study, Lidocaine protects kidneys and liver from endotoxin by down-regulating TLR4 receptor. It's not antagonist at receptor, actually it downregulates the receptor which means a better mechanism.

Lidocaine protects against renal and hepatic dysfunction in septic rats via downregulation of Toll‑like receptor 4. - PubMed - NCBI

The results demonstrated that 10% lidocaine treatment markedly decreased hepatic and nephridial injury in septic rats and inhibited the expression levels of TLR4, NF‑κB and IL‑6, which were upregulated in the sepsis model.

In addition, the results indicated that lidocaine protects against renal and hepatic dysfunction in septic rats, which may be mediated by the downregulation of TLR4 and associated signaling molecules and inhibition of the inflammatory response.

Mauritio

Thanks for all those lidocaine studies!
It seems to make a little comeback on the forum at the moment:)

The only concern I think is the mode of administration not everyone would apply IV injections of lidocaine. Do IM or SC injections give the same effect?

yerrag

Yet another endotoxin antagonist study. It seems like all these studies are a distraction, turning our attention towards substances that are mere role players. You can take a cornucopia of all these substances, and still not say good riddance to endotoxins within us. What is out there that's the big kahuna, the big banana - that is needed first and foremost? All these role players can enhance its effectiveness, but without it they are mere bit players, insignificant on their own or even together.

Mauritio

Yet another endotoxin antagonist study. It seems like all these studies are a distraction, turning our attention towards substances that are mere role players. You can take a cornucopia of all these substances, and still not say good riddance to endotoxins within us. What is out there that's the big kahuna, the big banana - that is needed first and foremost? All these role players can enhance its effectiveness, but without it they are mere bit players, insignificant on their own or even together.
I think lido being an endotoxin antagonist is not the main point. It has many other benefits and sometimes long lasting (epigenetic) changes . Being endotoxin antagonist is only a another cool feature.

Will topical lidocaine cream work? Its dirt cheap here. 50mg of lido per 1 gram of cream. 25 grams of cream for 70 cents.

OP
Adrenaline

Adrenaline

The only concern I think is the mode of administration not everyone would apply IV injections of lidocaine. Do IM or SC injections give the same effect?

Just drink the vial. That's how all we make it.

It should only contain water. No other additives.

I think the quest for the “holy grail” is a mistake. It is always going to be many factors. There is no Big Kahuna.

I think the key to endotoxins is gently speeding up gut transit time. Everything else falls into place over a few months.

Mauritio

Will topical lidocaine cream work? Its dirt cheap here. 50mg of lido per 1 gram of cream. 25 grams of cream for 70 cents.
Yes topical works as well. Just look at the additives .

yerrag

I think the quest for the “holy grail” is a mistake. It is always going to be many factors. There is no Big Kahuna.

I think the key to endotoxins is gently speeding up gut transit time. Everything else falls into place over a few months.
There is such a thing as wasting your time on substances that don't do squat because their positive effects are so insignificant by themselves. It's like shooting an arrow at a herd of elephants on a rampage.

OP
Adrenaline

Adrenaline

LOL. I mean such a dork..

I'm just researching and experiencing Lidocaine for a while. This is not an another endotoxin study. This is another Lidocaine study. It helped me a lot so I'm making a compilation about Lidocaine.

And you are calling this distraction and mere role player? Then why are you here?

People are free to share anything in here. Our purpose is develop. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's distraction.

I'm sorry you are just full of bs. No one cares you and your shitty time.

yerrag

LOL. I mean such a dork..

I'm just researching and experiencing Lidocaine for a while. This is not an another endotoxin study. This is another Lidocaine study. It helped me a lot so I'm making a compilation about Lidocaine.

And you are calling this distraction and mere role player? Then why are you here?

People are free to share anything in here. Our purpose is develop. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's distraction.

I'm sorry you are just full of bs. No one cares you and your shitty time.
I'm also free to say what I truly feel about the myriad endotoxin antagonists out there, not just lidocaine. Have to say it because I don't want people to raise their hopes up. Another one to try and later on to just set aside after... it worked... a little bit.

Sorry I happened to ***t on your thread. You just happen to be lucky enough to be there for my rant.

In the meantime, focus more on avoiding endotoxins and on excreting the endotoxin more quickly and more effectively.

How much do I apply topically? 50 or 100 mg? I bought it yesterday 15758958390008521816444672406699.jpg

Inaut

Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2000;8(3-4):124-37.
Antifungal activity of local anesthetics against Candida species.
Pina-Vaz C1, Rodrigues AG, Sansonetty F, Martinez-De-Oliveira J, Fonseca AF, Mårdh PA.
Author information
Department of Microbiology, Porto School of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal. [email protected]
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To evaluate the activity of benzydamine, lidocaine, and bupivacaine, three drugs with local anesthetic activity, against Candida albicans and non-albicans strains and to clarify their mechanism of activity.

METHODS:
The minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) was determined for 20 Candida strains (18 clinical isolates and two American Type Culture Collection strains). The fungistatic activity was studied with the fluorescent probe FUN-1 and observation under epifluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry. The fungicidal activity of the three drugs was assayed by viability counts. Membrane alterations induced in the yeast cells were evaluated by staining with propidium iodide, by quantitation of intracellular K+ leakage and by transmission electron microscopy of intact yeast cells and prepared spheroplasts.

RESULTS:
The MIC ranged from 12.5-50.0 microg/mL, 5.0-40.0 mg/mL, and 2.5-10.0 mg/mL for benzydamine, lidocaine, and bupivacaine, respectively. The inhibitory activity of these concentrations could be detected with the fluorescent probe FUN-1 after incubation for 60 minutes. A very fast fungicidal activity was shown by 0.2, 50, and 30 mg/mL of benzydamine, lidocaine, and bupivacaine, respectively.

CONCLUSIONS:
At lower concentrations, the tested drugs have a fungistatic activity, due to yeast metabolic impairment, while at higher concentrations they are fungicidal, due to direct damage to the cytoplasmic membrane.

Antifungal activity of local anesthetics against Candida species. - PubMed - NCBI

Mauritio

Inaut

I took 33 mg yesterday evening before retiring. Slept quite well although I awoke numerous times and felt rested in the morning.

I like and will continue to take at night

Dave Clark

Okay, not trying to change thread topic, but if lidocaine is an endotoxin antagonist, then can anyone tell me if procaine, i.e. GH-3 or Gerovital, etc. would be one? I know Peat had mentioned positive things about procaine when asked.

Vinny

The cream I bought, I applied it several times on my belly. Didn't feel anything. Then I put some of it in a gelatin capsule and swallowed it a couple of times - again nothing. Will try 2 capsules next time.

It worries me a bit that it contains hydrogenated Castor oil - a substance hardly someone knows what it brings if ingested ....

The cream I bought, I applied it several times on my belly. Didn't feel anything. Then I put some of it in a gelatin capsule and swallowed it a couple of times - again nothing. Will try 2 capsules next time.

It worries me a bit that it contains hydrogenated Castor oil - a substance hardly someone knows what it brings if ingested ....

Someone from this forum as far as I remember said if it doesn't work for you since the beginning from doses itlike 100mg it doesn't work at all and you don't need it.

Vinny

Someone from this forum as far as I remember said if it doesn't work for you since the beginning from doses itlike 100mg it doesn't work at all and you don't need it.
Ok, thanks