Lidocaine Inhibits Collagen Accumulation (Fibrosis)

Adrenaline

Collagen accumulates with aging and causes fibrosis. Although this study only highlights aged donors, it shows that lidocaine antagonizes the pro-fibrotic effects of IGF-1, TGF Beta-1, collagen proteins and inhibits collagen accumulation.

Lidocaine impairs proliferative and biosynthetic functions of aged human dermal fibroblasts

Highlights:

Lidocaine and mepivacaine inhibited proliferation in aged HFB but not in young HFB.

Lidocaine decreased proliferation in aged HFB, which was abrogated by IGF-1. Lidocaine inhibited transcripts for IGF-1 and IGF1R in fibroblasts from aged donors.

Transcripts for collagen III were decreased after lidocaine exposure in aged and young HFB.

Similar to the transcripts, lidocaine also inhibited the protein expression of collagen III in young and aged HFB.

Philomath

Would lidocaine be good to use topically after surgery - on major incision lines and near grafted skin?

JohnHafterson

Topical lidocaine for reversing hair loss anyone?
Possibly read a substack on lidocaine being used for reducing hypoxic conditions in certain tissues bring certain cells out of the cell danger response ( injured not optimal ) and helping the body to kick them back into a non-injured viable energetic state away from glycolysis.

I'm going to experiment with topical lidocaine on scalp.

Applied some 4% lidocaine solution today. Formulation has some aloe vera juice unsure if that means it has any emodin in it.

Read a paper recently saying topical emodin was able to restore hair growth in study.

Probably need to run it for a few months - if I experience hair fall I'll stop otherwise I'll probably try applying a few times a week/month.

Last edited:

golder

Possibly read a substack on lidocaine being used for reducing hypoxic conditions in certain tissues bring certain cells out of the cell danger response ( injured not optimal ) and helping the body to kick them back into a non-injured viable energetic state away from glycolysis.

I'm going to experiment with topical lidocaine on scalp.

Applied some 4% lidocaine solution today. Formulation has some aloe vera juice unsure if that means it has any emodin in it.

Read a paper recently saying topical emodin was able to restore hair growth in study.

Probably need to run it for a few months - if I experience hair fall I'll stop otherwise I'll probably try applying a few times a week/month.
This is going to be an extremely interesting experiment man. I’ve got high hopes for this. Would you mind keeping us updated here?

Wait a minute, does IGF1 cause fibrosis? 😱🙄

JohnHafterson

Wait a minute, does IGF1 cause fibrosis? 😱🙄
Context is key - something else driving IGF1.

IGF1 necessary in body likely depends on what's driving it - i.e. is body increasing IGF1 out of necessity/injury/poor energy/disorder or driving it for beneficial reasons for example muscle growth cohesive/organized/energetic.

IGF1 can be beneficial or detrimental for hair growth depending on environment etc - imo - may be an oversimplication.

@JohnHafterson Thanks, I was evaluating it to help osteopenia and muscular dystrophy, L3 version seems to me to be the acronym for a global and non-local systemic effect. 20-40mcg per day in a cyclical way.