Libido issues most of my life

OP
L

Llta123

I started taking P5P and vit C a few days ago, how long should it take to notice a change, assuming it's doing something?

OP
L

Llta123

Could be coincidence, but yesterday I had a big increase in libido which lasted for an hour maybe. It's not the first time it happens, but it was a long time since last time it happened. Also, this morning I woke up to a wet dream. These occur every now and then, so that itself isn't out of the ordinary, but this time it actually felt good. Usually they just feel forced and uncomfortable. So maybe vit C/p5p is helping, or it's just a coincidence.

Nomane Euger

Could be coincidence, but yesterday I had a big increase in libido which lasted for an hour maybe. It's not the first time it happens, but it was a long time since last time it happened. Also, this morning I woke up to a wet dream. These occur every now and then, so that itself isn't out of the ordinary, but this time it actually felt good. Usually they just feel forced and uncomfortable. So maybe vit C/p5p is helping, or it's just a coincidence.
Not a coincidence

OP
L

Llta123

Not a coincidence
It could still be, this has happened before, where I'd randomly get a spike in libido for a few hours or sometimes a day or two. I'd always hope that my problem was fixed, but that was never the case.

steel_reserve

Definitely start icing your balls if you haven't tried this yet. I did a video talking about the benefits:

Cold packs caused a (scary) lump on one testicle that required a sonogram to rule out cancer.

It was a calcification or something

T

TheBeard

Very unlikely to be a coincidence.

OP
L

Llta123

Shortly after taking my supplements I sometimes feel an increase in libido. Unfortunately it goes away a bit later. Other than this, I don't think I've noticed a change, but maybe I just have to give it more time?

I had a doctors appointment earlier today about this. As expected, it wasn't very encouraging. Her mentality is basically "If these 10 labs all fall within reference range, then there's nothing wrong with you physically, and it must be psychological". Her suggestion for me was to try to masturbate differently by using some special sensitizing lube, to see if it helps increase my libido... like what!? Anyway, she ordered some new labs, so I'll probably get the results next week.

OP
L

Llta123

Here are the labs:

Testosterone: 17.3 nmol/L (ref: 8.6-29)
SHBG: 32 nmol/L (ref: 18-54)
TSH: 1.56 (ref: 0.27-4.2)
Prolactin: 278 mIU/L (ref: 86 - 324)
Glucose: 5 mmol/L (ref: 4-6)

So apparently my free testosterone is about 60% higher than last time. Either the supplements are doing something, or the values fluctuate like crazy.
Prolactin looking quite high, no? Worth mentioning is that I had a wet dream the night before, not sure if that makes a difference.

I mentioned feeling a temporary peak in libido after starting the new supplements. This is no longer the case though. It seems like whenever I find something that works, it stops working because my body "re-calibrates" itself (receptor sensitivity or something maybe?) until my libido is low again. I don't know what I can really do...

Gustav3Y

I know guys with the same prolactin levels you have with short refractory periods.
I guess low prolactin does not really equate to high dopamine and high histamine activity, even it should in theory, maybe all can be low at the same time.

dlind70

Eat more acidic foods at night they has to do with the bottom part of the body. Roasted peanuts with salt eggs and lots of tuna fish.many on this website won't understand this answer and they will complain about poofa blah blah blah. It has to do with soil acidity and it's effect on the body. Many people struggle with basic logic. Once asked what a certain mineral does on the inside of the body. The answer is shockingly easy to grasp

Nomane Euger

Eat more acidic foods at night they has to do with the bottom part of the body. Roasted peanuts with salt eggs and lots of tuna fish.many on this website won't understand this answer and they will complain about poofa blah blah blah. It has to do with soil acidity and it's effect on the body. Many people struggle with basic logic. Once asked what a certain mineral does on the inside of the body. The answer is shockingly easy to grasp
Explicit it’s intriguing

theantagonist

Here are the labs:

Testosterone: 17.3 nmol/L (ref: 8.6-29)
SHBG: 32 nmol/L (ref: 18-54)
TSH: 1.56 (ref: 0.27-4.2)
Prolactin: 278 mIU/L (ref: 86 - 324)
Glucose: 5 mmol/L (ref: 4-6)

So apparently my free testosterone is about 60% higher than last time. Either the supplements are doing something, or the values fluctuate like crazy.
Prolactin looking quite high, no? Worth mentioning is that I had a wet dream the night before, not sure if that makes a difference.

I mentioned feeling a temporary peak in libido after starting the new supplements. This is no longer the case though. It seems like whenever I find something that works, it stops working because my body "re-calibrates" itself (receptor sensitivity or something maybe?) until my libido is low again. I don't know what I can really do...
- stop jerking it, every time you do, you're increasing your prolactin, the prolactin rise when masturbating is different from sex. For some the levels stay elevated for 2-3 days. If you're fapping each day, your prolactin will be chronically elevated.

- prolactin and dopamine are inversely correlated. If your prolactin is high, dopamine will be low, so will your libido.

- lookup deltafosB. DeltafosB is a molecule that accumulates in the brain, that sensitizes your brain to the substance or activity that causes the dopamine spike. It rewires your brain to crave the activity and lowers your stimulation for other activities, like normal sex and every day life. Delta fos B has a half life of 14 days, and takes 71 days to clear completely out of the brain.

- stop focussing on testosterone so much: get a full thyroid panel. Take temp and pulse. If you're thyroid is not working well. A lot of things are suboptimal. Thyroid is needed for converting cholesterol in all other steroids (preg, prog, dhea, preg).
I would test also DHT and androstanediol glucoronidate (which is a metabolite in tissues of DHT) DHT is crucial for libido.

- if prolactin is high, estrogen and serotonin will be too. I think we all now that's not great

- I would get another doctor. My only criteria is: they should do the lab work that you ask.
A younger male doctor might be a better match, that's just my experience
Make sure yu can explain why you ask for a specific test

OP
L

Llta123

Like I wrote earlier, I pretty much never masturbate. Maybe something like once a month at most, with my longest streak being around 120 days. I do ejaculate more often than that due to the occasional wet dream, but not much I can do about that.

Never heard of DeltafosB, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this info?

I remember doing a bigger thyroid panel a while ago and everything looked normal, but I don't remember what was tested. What labs do I want exactly for a full thyroid panel? I can't measure my temperature right now, but my pulse is typically around 60 bpm in bed when I wake up, and then something like 64-75 bpm during the day.

I can't choose what doctor I get unfortunately.

theantagonist

Like I wrote earlier, I pretty much never masturbate. Maybe something like once a month at most, with my longest streak being around 120 days. I do ejaculate more often than that due to the occasional wet dream, but not much I can do about that.
Sorry didn't catch that, then that doesn't apply to you, maybe someone else might find some benefit from it.

I remember doing a bigger thyroid panel a while ago and everything looked normal, but I don't remember what was tested. What labs do I want exactly for a full thyroid panel? I can't measure my temperature right now, but my pulse is typically around 60 bpm in bed when I wake up, and then something like 64-75 bpm during the day.

Thyroid is the master regulator, so i would definitely fix that first if that is an issue.

Nomane Euger

Sorry didn't catch that, then that doesn't apply to you, maybe someone else might find some benefit from it.

Thyroid is the master regulator, so i would definitely fix that first if that is an issue.
Do you know hoW much selenium is optimal?