Libido Gains From Alcohol

bromuda

Okey, I had a little too much t0 drink this past weekend. I have been going easy on the alcohol lately and probably haven't been seriously plastered since summer. Anyways I noticed incredible stamina in the bed department the day after. I think does have something to do with stress, I believe I'm low-key stressed all the time so going out drinking kind of resets the lever. More so, my anxiety was zero and I felt better as the day progressed. From feeling like dying to a million bucks within a couple hours. Anyone else experienced this when being hungover?

Runenight201

i think alcohol interacts with the gut that in some people produces a sterilizing effect of the bad bacteria which leads to anxiety. I know for a fact that the warm fuzzy feeling in my gut during drinking it corresponds with euphoric, relaxative states. But I’ve also consumed alcohol before where neither the warm happy gut feeling and relaxative effects weren’t there, so there’s more going on for sure.

I would look more into keeping your gut happy and digestion strong, with the avoidance of constipation and bloat, and you’d probably achieve the same effects you noted post alcohol consumption, minus the negative dehydration and poisonous effects.

sunraiser

Okey, I had a little too much t0 drink this past weekend. I have been going easy on the alcohol lately and probably haven't been seriously plastered since summer. Anyways I noticed incredible stamina in the bed department the day after. I think does have something to do with stress, I believe I'm low-key stressed all the time so going out drinking kind of resets the lever. More so, my anxiety was zero and I felt better as the day progressed. From feeling like dying to a million bucks within a couple hours. Anyone else experienced this when being hungover?

Have experienced it.

I think it's due to the added caloric intake. Beer and wine are "easily digestible" calories, but it comes at the cost of your liver.

Your metabolism might not be in a state in which you can eat enough calories (could be mineral deficiency or liver congestion or overstress or other), or you might simply be under eating if you're very busy?

The calories are only doing you good if you're hungry for them though so the worst thing you can do is force it (this kills the liver).

Perhaps it's something else at play. You can do a test via getting the same level of drunk off just vodka shots and see if it promps the same effect as calorie dense beer/wine.

redsun

This is simply the effects of the dopamine from drinking alcohol. If you think you have a low level of stress or constant anxiety you are probably right. You likely have chronically low dopamine thats why when you drink the next day anxiety is still gone because the levels of dopamine in your brain are still high enough to keep it away.

OP
B

bromuda

i think alcohol interacts with the gut that in some people produces a sterilizing effect of the bad bacteria which leads to anxiety. I know for a fact that the warm fuzzy feeling in my gut during drinking it corresponds with euphoric, relaxative states. But I’ve also consumed alcohol before where neither the warm happy gut feeling and relaxative effects weren’t there, so there’s more going on for sure.

I would look more into keeping your gut happy and digestion strong, with the avoidance of constipation and bloat, and you’d probably achieve the same effects you noted post alcohol consumption, minus the negative dehydration and poisonous effects.
That definitely could be the case, I've been experimenting with ACV and sodium bicarbonate lately and it seems to be working well with my stomach. I also took quite a lot of nicotine in the form of small pouches (like snus but without the tobacco). This might've increased the DHT thus leading too "better wellbeing". Anyways I'm always happy when my anxiety decreases, wasn't expecting it from being hungover though :D

ddjd

I get the same effect from alcohol in terms of libido shooting up. I'm convinced it's just the increase in Estrogen though

Makrosky

I get that too. I'd say it is probably a combination of reduced stress (including GABA) plus metabolism raise. To me it feels like estrogenic kind of sex while drunk but certainly not estrogenic feeling if sex is done the hangover day. Very different feeling.

Frankdee20

I love alcohol, it would make me see the ugliest chick in the room as attractive. It is like I feel bad for them, and I bless them with my loving. LOL

TheSir

My libido plummets while drunk but shoots up after I've sobered up. My heart beats faster, my thoughts are sharper and my penile sensitivity is godlike.

Frankdee20

My libido plummets while drunk but shoots up after I've sobered up. My heart beats faster, my thoughts are sharper and my penile sensitivity is godlike.

Glutaminergic rebound resulting from NMDA inhibition, and acute elevation of GABA from intoxication.

OP
B

bromuda

Yep, that's pretty much what happened to me. While drunk the sex is usually pretty bad

swarrior

Glutaminergic rebound resulting from NMDA inhibition, and acute elevation of GABA from intoxication.

How could that be imitated with supplementation?

Should we try to inhibit the NMDA system and over-activate GABA-a?

Thanks!

Frankdee20

How could that be imitated with supplementation?

Should we try to inhibit the NMDA system and over-activate GABA-a?

Thanks!
Sorry I meant to say Glutamate rebound next day results from GABA augmentation during intoxication, and NMDA blockade during intoxication.

Cirion

I love alcohol, it would make me see the ugliest chick in the room as attractive. It is like I feel bad for them, and I bless them with my loving. LOL

Honestly being picky about appearance in your mate is a libido problem I have found.

The few times I have been exceptionally healthy, with a very high libido, a much broader range of women I'd consider quite attractive, even those as low as maybe 3 or 4 on the "attractiveness" scale (out of 10). And without being drunk, either. What's more, with a high libido, the 3/4 woman could even result in spontaneous boners, whereas this often does not happen even with a 8 or 9 when I'm not healthy. Certainly in my state of being unhealthy, only 7-8/10+ women can garner much interest from me at all.

I used to wonder how completely jacked guys ended up with (who I consider to be low) on the attractiveness scale. I'm not trying to put down people like that or anything, just a curiosity. Now I think I realize how. Said jacked guy likely has anabolic hormones through the roof to where he is probably horny AF lol.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Honestly being picky about appearance in your mate is a libido problem I have found.

The few times I have been exceptionally healthy, with a very high libido, a much broader range of women I'd consider quite attractive, even those as low as maybe 3 or 4 on the "attractiveness" scale (out of 10). And without being drunk, either. What's more, with a high libido, the 3/4 woman could even result in spontaneous boners, whereas this often does not happen even with a 8 or 9 when I'm not healthy. Certainly in my state of being unhealthy, only 7-8/10+ women can garner much interest from me at all.

I used to wonder how completely jacked guys ended up with (who I consider to be low) on the attractiveness scale. I'm not trying to put down people like that or anything, just a curiosity. Now I think I realize how. Said jacked guy likely has anabolic hormones through the roof to where he is probably horny AF lol.

They also could be choosing mates who they deem lower to them in terms of selectability, so that they can be in charge and control of the relationship without expending a large amount of effort, because they know their partner won’t leave them, as he’s the “best she’s going to get”

But that’s just me reaching hard, I ain’t no social psychologist...

Cirion

They also could be choosing mates who they deem lower to them in terms of selectability, so that they can be in charge and control of the relationship without expending a large amount of effort, because they know their partner won’t leave them, as he’s the “best she’s going to get”

But that’s just me reaching hard, I ain’t no social psychologist...

Possibly, but like I say, when I was really healthy anything that was female was attractive lol. Ok, I meant, any HUMAN that is female LOL just to make sure that is clear.

griesburner

yes i know that feeling after you drink a lot of alcohol and i also wondered why my libido is so good after that when its otherwise non existent. and i dont think its estrogen driven cause it feels way better and more manly and androgenic. the most sense i think to me is the increased dopamine or gut sterilizing theory so far ^^. but neithee things like taurine nor antibiotics could mimick that feeling so maybe its something different.

swarrior

[QUOTE = "griesburner, post: 408642, miembro: 7077"] sí, conozco esa sensación después de beber mucho alcohol y también me pregunté por qué mi libido es tan buena después de eso, cuando de otra manera no existe. y no creo que sea debido a los estrógenos porque se siente mucho mejor y más viril y androgénico. el más sensato que pienso para mí es el aumento de la dopamina o la teoría de la esterilización intestinal hasta ahora ^^. pero ni las cosas como la taurina ni los antibióticos podrían imitar esa sensación, así que tal vez sea algo diferente. [/ QUOTE]

we must investigate it!
:)