Libido And Sex Drive

OP
A

Aztec

Quick update. Today was a good day. Even got some long wood popping while I showered. My anxiety was definitely kicking my ****. Tomorrow I will do acupuncture to restore mind, body, and spiritual energy. I have a feeling it will be healing and beneicial to embark on this new treatment option.

OP
A

Aztec

Last night I woke up and experienced night wood which was wonderful to feel! I noticed that anxiety was preventing me from feeling anything and high cortisol levels were not helping. Today I am doing acupuncture and will keep you all posted. Hormone levels coming soon.

namaste

Hi Aztec,

I'd focus on the hormone angle discussed in the main PFS thread in this subforum. Many of us with PSSD or PFS have chased diet modifications or unusual supplements for years with little to no success (although some have recovered). I'd say keeping stress levels down is a huge factor for healing. You might be interested in investigating some of the medications that users are trailing right now (caber, clomid, mifepristone are all being discussed). Best of luck!

Last edited:
OP
A

Aztec

Thanks Namaste. That is some good feedback. I need to manage my stress and anxiety. My libido last month was great and I felt well. This month I had terrible anxiety due to worries. I am getting rebalanced again

namaste

Thanks Namaste. That is some good feedback. I need to manage my stress and anxiety. My libido last month was great and I felt well. This month I had terrible anxiety due to worries. I am getting rebalanced again
I think it's huge. Since I began therapy for my issues with stress and trauma things have started to get better. When my stress has been at its lowest, my libido has returned to 50-75% of its original strength.

OP
A

Aztec

Yes, I agree 100% Namaste. The mind needs to be in a peaceful state in order to heal. The parasympathetic nervous system has to be activated to create homeostasis.

namaste

Yes, I agree 100% Namaste. The mind needs to be in a peaceful state in order to heal. The parasympathetic nervous system has to be activated to create homeostasis.
Yes, I'm glad you mentioned the parasympathetic system. When I 'crashed' last summer (a few years after I discontinued SSRI's) I had horrible symptoms of nervous system dysregulation for months. These have gotten slightly better over time. If you look up the symptoms of 'adrenal fatigue' they can almost all be explained by HPA and nervous system dysfunction, at least in my opinion. Fix those things and you will be well on your way to healing. Whether that involves medication such as the ones I mentioned previously is probably dependent on the individual.

Djukami

Stress ruins everything as always. Not having a peaceful mind is a complete struggle if one wants to have libido.
Still, what @dibble said, imo, can indeed contribute to boost the creation of hormones. Having them in your diet may help. Calories is, without a doubt, also very important.

If one day you feel like doing it, try this simple combo: liver (around 100g cooked in butter) + cheese (50g-100g). Or you can even substitute cheese to another full fat dairy (for instance, whole milk, full fat yoghurt). And see if it boosts your libido, sex drive. This, of course, if you can eat dairy. If not, try some ruminant meat with the fat added or even ruminant fat with liver. Dairy is stronger though, I think.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Going to try Phyto ADR by Pure Encapsulations. It's a blend of Ginsengs, Rhodiola, Astragalus, Ashwaganda. Yeah my libido or desire for sex is non existent, however once I'm next to my woman, everything works. Obviously, just premature ejaculation exists, which is unrelated to ED. I'm using the herbs to see if they'll get me motivated to do something with my life other than stay locked up in my home. There seems to be something missing in my core, desire ! Not just for sex, but life in general. Perhaps it's left over depression, perhaps it's apathy in my being, perhaps it's low Thyroid, idk.

JoeKool

Hey FrankDee, despite your 'ha ha ha' post after mine, I'll still offer this... PhytoADR is highly overpriced compared to buying the individual herbs listed from swanson, for example... and individual pills will yield higher dosages... at 1/4 the price for all of them... I just did a quick check of 3 of them, 3.99, 4.99 & 5.99... for 100 pills at several hundred mgs per pill... 10x better option... and you'll be able to modify based on what works for you... add dhea too... 5mg oral

Frankdee20

Ha ha, looks like the jokes on me. Then again, that's the story of my life.

Frankdee20

You're absolutely correct though Joe Kool, Pure Encapsulations is always overpriced. I could not believe this morning how much their plain Ascorbic Acid 1000mg product was, a lot ! Then I figured it must be their manufacturing process, sourcing, quality control, and lack of excipients. In my opinion though, they have potent products. Some things you can skimp to another company though.

OP
A

Aztec

Great feedback guys! I am learning a lot from the ideas shared. Here are some of my blood labs. Thankfully they are healthy and my testosterone is high. When they tested me I felt fragile because my appetite has been low and I lost even more body fat. I am waiting for DHT and a few others.

Component
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL
Your value 1,345 ng/dL
Standard range 240 - 871 ng/dL

Component DHEA-S
Your value 624 mcg/dL
Standard range 160 - 449 mcg/dL

Component FSH
Your value 1.9 mIU/mL

Component LH
Your value 3.1 mIU/mL

Component TSH
Your value 0.83 mcIU/mL
Standard range 0.35 - 4.00 mcIU/mL

Component HGBA1C%
Your value 5.4 %
Standard range 4.8 - 5.6 %

Frankdee20

Those are sexy numbers. The Total T, DHEA, and TSH.

Frankdee20

I'll bet nothing, just nature playing a cruel joke on us.

OP
A

Aztec

Haha thanks Frank! I do natural bodybuilding so pumping iron has been my passion. I stay lean and hard which helps. I supplement with pine pollen tincture occasionally and eat healthy. I need to consume more calories because the anxiety this month kicked my ****. I lost 17 pounds in about 1.5 months.

Frankdee20

Haha thanks Frank! I do natural bodybuilding so pumping iron has been my passion. I stay lean and hard which helps. I supplement with pine pollen tincture occasionally and eat healthy. I need to consume more calories because the anxiety this month kicked my ****. I lost 17 pounds in about 1.5 months.

What's your age for that 1200 T ? Want to sell me your blood ? The Pine Pollen supposedly has natural steroids, but I can't imagine that's what's pushing it up.

OP
A

Aztec

29 years young. I've naturally had high T. Lift iron and you will naturally increase hormonal response.

Frankdee20

Yeah this is true, waiting for my winged shoulders from long standing Magnesium deficiency to correct themselves. Otherwise, can't do upper body stuff. It's amazing how Magnesium helps correct tense muscles.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals