Levosulpiride Efficacy and safety?

Cheese liver

As the title suggests would anyone happen to know or possess any information regarding this medication ? How does it work and is it safe ? My doctor prescribed it to me for IBS & GERD.

miquelangeles

It is usually effective but it causes hyperprolactinemia.
Short term (1-2 months) the benefits might outweigh the risks if you’re doing other things to fix the issues.
For me, it caused heels and ankle pain upon standing first thing in the morning. Also, when prescribed I was warned that it lowers libido (but not sexual potency).
IBS and GERD usually respond to antibiotics, but you might have to try several until you find one that fixes the issue, which also carries risks. It’s best to improve health, resilience and nutrition for a while before the antibiotic courses.

miquelangeles

You can give it a try and watch carefully how it makes you feel. You can always stop if something doesn’t feel right. As you probably know, it may improve other aspects as well since it has mood elevating properties.

OP
C

Cheese liver

It is usually effective but it causes hyperprolactinemia.
Short term (1-2 months) the benefits might outweigh the risks if you’re doing other things to fix the issues.
For me, it caused heels and ankle pain upon standing first thing in the morning. Also, when prescribed I was warned that it lowers libido (but not sexual potency).
IBS and GERD usually respond to antibiotics, but you might have to try several until you find one that fixes the issue, which also carries risks. It’s best to improve health, resilience and nutrition for a while before the antibiotic courses.
Thank you for sharing ! I have been prescribed for 3 weeks but the issues have resided so will stop. On the libido issue I have indeed noticed that my drive has decreased will take note of that one . I tried antibiotics before going this route and posted an entire thread on the forum.

OP
C

Cheese liver

You can give it a try and watch carefully how it makes you feel. You can always stop if something doesn’t feel right. As you probably know, it may improve other aspects as well since it has mood elevating properties.
Alright much appreciated mate.