Lets Talk About Mast Cells And Their Connection To Hair

GorillaHead

So in my many autoimmune diseases. IGE antibodies are elevated and there is often mast cell destabilization.

Personally I was looking into this because of hair-loss. Recently they found jak inhibitors were very effective for alopecia areata and minimally effective for androgenic alopecia. But one thing they noticed that the effects weren’t permanent.

I have diffuse hairloss above my ears. Looks exactly like diffuse alopecia Areata. I have thinning all over my head for a few years now.

Thoughts on this? Ideas on lowering lymphocytes. Resetting immune function? Lowering mast cell activation.

I have allergies and my parents don’t have allergies at all. Is it even possible to permanently cure. Hmm

nbznj

It’s a tricky situation.

Find out what the triggers are. Could be diet, could be environment. Diet allergies could come from the wrong gut biome, a low stomach acid causing inflammation, histamine sensitivity (histamine is needed to make stomach acid, hence why people sneeze when they just ate), low bile acids, low vitamin D, hypothyroidism (t3 increases stomach acid), excess protein combined with a leaky gut triggering the immune system...

In my opinion, a very basic diet high in carbs that you know you can digest is a good start. You want to avoid gluten, casein, anything that’s hard to break down. You could supplement betaine HCL, or drink a shot of apple cider vinegar before a meal.