Letrozole

bivic

Why is letrozole raising my Cholesterol? I have to take it for breast cancer. I eat low fat and I'm not over weight.

P

Peatness

Why is letrozole raising my Cholesterol? I have to take it for breast cancer. I eat low fat and I'm not over weight.
it looks like raise cholesterol is one of the side effects of the drug

OP
B

bivic

it looks like raise cholesterol is one of the side effects of the drug

yes it seems to be. I just wondered if there was something l could take. I would never take statins. Does someone know why blocking estrogen would raise my Cholesterol. I think it is something to do with my Mthfr gene 1298. In Chris masterjohn's choline calculator l need very high choline egg count that l don't take. I take ideal lab pyrucet and methylene blue with aspirin.
Thank you for replying.

P

Peatness

yes it seems to be. I just wondered if there was something l could take. I would never take statins. Does someone know why blocking estrogen would raise my Cholesterol. I think it is something to do with my Mthfr gene 1298. In Chris masterjohn's choline calculator l need very high choline egg count that l don't take. I take ideal lab pyrucet and methylene blue with aspirin.
Thank you for replying.
Dr Peat would suggest thyroid for high cholesterol. Taurine, fiber, and magnesium should help.

P

Peatness

Thank you. I take all that any way. When l calculate my total cholesterol it appears l have high good cholesterol so maybe it's okay.
Great.

Ray Peat said:

After the age of fifty, low cholesterol is clearly associated with an increased risk of dying from a variety of causes. A study of old women indicated that a cholesterol level of 270 mg. per 100 ml. was associated with the best longevity (Forette, et al., 1989). "Mortality was lowest at serum cholesterol 7.0 mmol/l [=270.6 mg%], 5.2 times higher than the minimum at serum cholesterol 4.0 mmol/l, and only 1.8 times higher when cholesterol concentration was 8.8 mmol/l. This relation held true irrespective of age, even when blood pressure, body weight, history of myocardial infarction, creatinine clearance, and plasma proteins were taken into account.

Ray Peat said:

The functions of cholesterol parallel the functions of other sterols in plants and other types of organism. Its functions have been refined and extended with the development of other steroids, such as progesterone, as biological requirements have evolved, but cholesterol is still at the center of this system. To deliberately interfere with its synthesis, as contemporary medicine does, reveals a terrible arrogance.

OP
B

bivic

Thank you. I am reassured. I will continue as l have been doing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals