Letrozole: What Can Go Wrong?

Ron J

Hello everyone
I know exemestane is suggested over letrozole, but I'd like to give it a try for an anti-gyno protocol. I'm currently not interested in using DHT as an alternative.

LCohen

Using it for 3 weeks.

First week I had some joint pain (especially first days) , hot flushes, diarrhea. Now they are went away. I'm okay with it.

Only thing that bothers me will be rebound effect when I quit. Exemestane don't have this problem. Exemestane is also more tolerable. Letrozole is harsh but not bad.

OP
R

Ron J

Using it for 3 weeks.

First week I had some joint pain (especially first days) , hot flushes, diarrhea. Now they are went away. I'm okay with it.

Only thing that bothers me will be rebound effect when I quit. Exemestane don't have this problem. Exemestane is also more tolerable. Letrozole is harsh but not bad.
I left out that I plan to use exemestane after letrozole(depending how bad it is), to mitigate the rebound effects of letrozole.

sebastian_r

Using AI for gyno removal not optimal.

Toremifene / tamoxifen / raloxifene / clomid can get the work done better.

If you still want to use letro, daily small dosage is the way to go. Half life is less than everybody is talking about, especially if your not on steroids.

With a functional hpta, AIs work different than on steroid cycle or TRT. Would go with 1/5 to 1/10 of a tablet per day.

Last edited:

LCohen

Using AI for gyno removal not optimal.

Toremifene / tamoxifen / raloxifene / clomid can get the work done better.

If you still want to use letro, daily small dosage is the way to go. Half life is less than everybody is talking about, especially if your not on steroids.

With a functional hpta, AIs work different than on steroid cycle or TRT. Would go with 1/5 to 1/10 of a tablet per day.

SERMS will carry estrogen to the liver from breasts. Your body still have that estrogen. Those stuffs are toxic to liver
(except Clomid)

I would try to inhibit/decrease estrogen instead of changing its place.

DaveFoster

Hello everyone
I know exemestane is suggested over letrozole, but I'd like to give it a try for an anti-gyno protocol. I'm currently not interested in using DHT as an alternative.

Here's something from the other letrozole thread.

Letrozole - Experiences

"Acne cleared up, muscles became firm, and all my water weight went away. Hot flashes, dizzy spells, anxiety, paranoia, constant unquenchable thirst, horrible insomnia, borderline panic attacks, and restlessness were undesirable symptoms.​

From the Ray Peat forum member Dookie: "When you say "0.5 mg and I was in hell for 2 weeks." do you mean you took one single 0.5 mg dose, and the effects were there for 2 weeks, or did you take 0.5 mg/day for a period of days/weeks?

What about depression - notice any increase or decrease in that? How would you describe the restlessness - like can't stop moving or walking type, or just can't get your mind together to read a book, etc?"

"Like I couldn't stop moving; there were intermittent periods of high metabolism with adequate hydration and sugar (Gatorade); I felt focused and assertive.

I took I took approximately 0.5 mg total; 1 drop from the bottle, waited a day, then another drop; day four I took 3 drops. It floored my estrogen, and I went to the ER after almost passing out in class. Absolutely terrifying experience."
I took raloxifene for several months at the anecdotal dosages to reverse gynecomastia, and I took letrozole for a few days, although the effects of letrozole lasted for a few weeks. Both raloxifene and letrozole in combination had no effect whatsoever on a mild case of gynecomastia, specifically a small lump behind my left nipple that I've had since before 12 years of age or so. I initially took raloxifene and letrozole after my 19th birthday, although I used it in high school as well, still to no avail.

OP
R

Ron J

I may just do a trial for a few months, if it's safe enough. I read several threads before, including the one you posted, and it doesn't seem too bad.

OP
R

Ron J

@RisingSun
or @Arrade
If I try out letrozole, what do you think the dose should be? I'd like untraceable levels of estrogen, so does it have to be 2.5mg daily(as stated in bodybuilding threads)? Or can it be accomplished with less?

Arrade

@RisingSun
or @Arrade
If I try out letrozole, what do you think the dose should be? I'd like untraceable levels of estrogen, so does it have to be 2.5mg daily(as stated in bodybuilding threads)? Or can it be accomplished with less?
Man, it’s been a while.
Why not use exemestane? With Letro it binds the estrogen but doesn’t remove it from your system like exemestane.

Anyways 2.5 isn’t necessary, it’s potent to a smaller dose. Obviously you can take it everyday, at normal estrogen levels I think a few days at 2.5 mg would crash it

OP
R

Ron J

I've been taking exemestane for over two months now, but want something stronger. Perhaps both at the same time? Then I'd have to run exemestane only to offset the rebound from letrozole.

Arrade

I've been taking exemestane for over two months now, but want something stronger. Perhaps both at the same time? Then I'd have to run exemestane only to offset the rebound from letrozole.
Have you considered ralox? is it still just for gyno you're running this?

Yeah that makes sense to me, good plan imo

Arrade

I'm avoiding SERMs as well. Yes, just for gyno.
I can understand avoiding it, just be aware I heard it was more effective than AIs.

I wonder if iodine therapy would be effective?

I’ve never had gyno so afraid I won’t know it all

broozer

how strong do SERMS or AI raise T in eugonadal men? are those medications the lets say pre-utlima ratio before giving in TRT? i need to at least double my T levels to have a live.

ScottyVP

I found intermittent use of letrozole more balanced in its sides:benefits ratio. Depending on my steroid cycle at the time, is was something like 1/4- 1 full tablet per week.

OP
R

Ron J

Any opinions on letrozole's negative effects on bones? Are the negative effects(bone mass loss) just an assumption based on estrogen's pro-bone effects?

Luckytype

Guys or guys with bad doctors that monitor them poorly and unintentionally crash estrogen to mitigate the undesirable side effects many times develop bone density issues that probably often go unnoticed for a couple reasons:

1. Theres a chance that while bones are heavy, the positive effects of muscle and lean tissue retention vs the loss of bone mass is never enough to trigger justification of a DEXA scan. Any weight loss is probably just the assumption of losing adipose tissue.

2. Being male, as is the case with many other prequalifying categories, doctors are not considering the big picture over a long time. Modern medicine is close minded enough that "only women develop bone density issues".

That said there are some great MDs out there, unfortunately too many out there only regurgitate information and never fire up the critical thinking portion of their minds.

In your case of use, unless its incredible dosing for long term probably wont have a detrimental effect on bone mass. Again, moderation here.

Arrade

I gotta say when I crashed my estogen mulitple times with exemestane my joints were thrashed. Like concrete rubbing together is how my knees basically felt.
Nothing in my diet changed; and joints and bone health are related

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals