Lesson Learned

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've known of Peat's work a mere 6 months and continue to be surprised by my experience. The last week in particular has been quite amazing. When I first discovered Peat's articles I knew that this was my last chance at healing having already exhausted all other measures in the health sphere over a 20 year period. Deep down I don't think I really expected anything to work but I was at a point where I had nothing left to lose. Ironically despite my mind set I started getting better. Over the past week there has been a dramatic shift and I've had to readjust some aspects of my approach. I think it caught me off guard because deep down I thought I had probably healed as much as a middle aged person could. Boy was I wrong! I'm understanding more now what Ray means by the phrase " the fullness of life". What a wonderful experience to have. I could have looked at the situation as a set back but when you have the tools to readjust after only a couple of days I'd say I've become resilient and I could honestly never say that before.

mrchibbs

@Blossom

Curious how you feel looking back at this testimony of yours from 2014.

Last edited:
OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom

Curious how you feel looking back at this testimony of your from 2014.
Good but I made some mistakes after that post unfortunately. My mom was having some major health problems and passed away in 2018. It was pretty stressful but that’s just life. My biggest mistake was following the refeeding guidelines of Matt Stone and Gwyneth Olwyn. I should have stuck solely with Peat because I caused myself a whole set of new problems. I’ve come full circle though and reversed those issues.

mrchibbs

Good but I made some mistakes after that post unfortunately. My mom was having some major health problems and passed away in 2018. It was pretty stressful but that’s just life. My biggest mistake was following the refeeding guidelines of Matt Stone and Gwyneth Olwyn. I should have stuck solely with Peat because I caused myself a whole set of new problems. I’ve come full circle though and reversed those issues.

Thanks for sharing! We have so many trials in life and I feel like we can get lost at times. I always like these insights, and how much we learn looking back. Glad you're doing well now.

taralynne

Good but I made some mistakes after that post unfortunately. My mom was having some major health problems and passed away in 2018. It was pretty stressful but that’s just life. My biggest mistake was following the refeeding guidelines of Matt Stone and Gwyneth Olwyn. I should have stuck solely with Peat because I caused myself a whole set of new problems. I’ve come full circle though and reversed those issues.[/QUOT

Blossom, its always good to hear when people have made great progress and have managed to navigate around setbacks. Do you have any advice for another middle aged woman who also followed Matt Stone, albeit with healthier food options. When I first began this journey I thought I would be protected from crazy weight gain if I followed a more RP inspired diet rather than Matt Stone's Eat for Heat plan but it was not to be. I also read too much of Olwyn and I worried about eating too little. Now a few years and too many pounds later I can't seem to turn things around.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@taralynne,
It took me a long time. I gradually moved away from that mindset in late 2016/early 2017 so it’s taken about 4 years to regain my health and strength. I went very slow and gradually started moving more (enjoyable activity) and following my hunger cues rather than eating a specific calorie amount. I currently believe the TDEE calculators are pretty accurate and overeating is as stressful as under eating. I’m sure I could have lost weight quicker if that has been my goal but I really wasn’t focused on the scale but quality of life and health.

taralynne

@taralynne,
It took me a long time. I gradually moved away from that mindset in late 2016/early 2017 so it’s taken about 4 years to regain my health and strength. I went very slow and gradually started moving more (enjoyable activity) and following my hunger cues rather than eating a specific calorie amount. I currently believe the TDEE calculators are pretty accurate and overeating is as stressful as under eating. I’m sure I could have lost weight quicker if that has been my goal but I really wasn’t focused on the scale but quality of life and health.
Thank you for the reply.. hopefully, with time things will improve for me too as I pay more attention to hunger cues rather than focusing on # of calories. My apologies for the late response.. I forgot my password and had been locked out of my account for awhile.

mariantos

May the Lord bless you sister Blossom!

Thanks also for the useful advice you gave me at the beginning of my journey to healing, I must admit, I have a long way to go until complete healing, but I am comforted by the thought that not everything comes down to our physical health.

That being said, I wish you and your family good health!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the reply.. hopefully, with time things will improve for me too as I pay more attention to hunger cues rather than focusing on # of calories. My apologies for the late response.. I forgot my password and had been locked out of my account for awhile.
No problem! Glad you’re back.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
May the Lord bless you sister Blossom!

Thanks also for the useful advice you gave me at the beginning of my journey to healing, I must admit, I have a long way to go until complete healing, but I am comforted by the thought that not everything comes down to our physical health.

That being said, I wish you and your family good health!
Thank you, may the Lord bless you and yours too.